DS deck that can beat WYS and HB v

Ant
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

DS deck that can beat WYS and HB v

Post by Ant »

So lets put this forum to us, at TMWs WYS and HB v put up some scary numbers, so what can DS do to assure a win against them?

HB v needs to occupy 3 sites to flip and control 2 to stay flipped, so they need ground. WYS, I need to look that up, but all I saw was space and the Cantina.

The Smoking Gungan wrote:Kirk: What does God need with a starship?

idk prolly the same reason he needed them in the Book of Ezekiel jerk.
http://hubpages.com/u/1032455.jpg
I tried stunning leader on my wife, but her ability was too low, and she was not amused. I think maybe she is more of a creature then a character, will write back with further details.

Anodos
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Re: DS deck that can beat WYS and HB v

Post by Anodos »

Was that just the best spambot in the history of the internets?
Blake Huffman

You know what I'm talking about. This is just like that time Captain Picard wanted Luke to go with Treebeard but Luke was all "I don't know what you're talking about, do you mean this dragon I caught?" and Captain Picard was all NO RETARD, I mean go with that tree and Luke just kept talking to his friends Anakin and Jar-Jar and then he left Picard on Mordor and forgot about it completely. I love that episode.

Quoted from an email my wife sent me.

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Re: in the mornings excited

Post by darkjediknight11 »

jklm952 wrote:I've come to realise that it doesn't take quitting your job in order to be excited about waking up in the mornings; you WOW GOLD just need something you can focus on that you are passionate about.I've worked hard with my online wow gold properties in the last few years and was lucky enough to be able to quit my job at the beginning of this year to work for myself full-time. I've noticed that now I'm at this stage I literally jump out of bed in the mornings excited to work on the projects that I have a real passion for.
lol...double spam bot in one thread
-Keith Brown

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

it would normally be taken care of, but i cant delete posts in this thread for some raisin
Jerry H

Image Image

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by _maul »

quesosauce37 wrote:it would normally be taken care of, but i cant delete posts in this thread for some raisin
I don't see any posts of a spambot here, save what was saved for posterity's sake.

RexBanner7
DS Region: Kashyyyk
DS Region: Kashyyyk

Post by RexBanner7 »

quesosauce37 wrote:it would normally be taken care of, but i cant delete posts in this thread for some raisin
arebelspy wrote:Who can resist the call of the mystery box?

futantshadow
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by futantshadow »

no DS deck can beat both WYS and HBv. I'm not sure if any DS deck can even beat one of them. Your best chance is to kick your opponent mercilessly in the nuts until he passes out and go for the timed win.

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

futantshadow wrote:no DS deck can beat both WYS and HBv. I'm not sure if any DS deck can even beat one of them. Your best chance is to kick your opponent mercilessly in the nuts until he passes out and go for the timed win.
i think you're still in the 6 months ago meta.

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by _maul »

HD(v) probably can.

that decks seems really solid.

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

_maul wrote:HD(v) probably can.

well no, it can't beat wys. but yeah it should beat hb v. ds mains > ls mains right now.

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by _maul »

arebelspy wrote:

well no, it can't beat wys. but yeah it should beat hb v. ds mains > ls mains right now.
really?

I beat a HD(v) deck pretty solidly with a WHT(v) deck (that wasn't that great to boot) the other day.

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

i guess wht may beat hd v, its designed to take apart ds mains decks and lose to everything else.

btu like hd v should beat real ls mains decks, like profit and trm.

qasur

Post by qasur »

arebelspy wrote:

Really? What happened to DS suddenly that made them better? I mean, we got Galen's new Saber and Vader got a V'd cloak. One adds PoA and the other cancels it (and adds 2 to immunity), but other than that, how did LS mains get worse? Mace still swings twice and has complete immunity and Luke, STIF still has ITA < 6 + 7 Power. The best answer to stiffy is just a tracked 7... which DS doesn't have.

I'm still waiting on DS to get a good 7 destiny card achin' to Luke's hand and IWYT. Those alone + Stiffy Luke are stupid. 7's that get recycled. It's insanely powerful. His recycle ability should be retrieval instead to balance it out: "When Luke is lost, you may retrieve all cards that were attached to him." Despite balancing him, he would be able to be used with AJR again... so I don't kow if that's a good thing.

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by _maul »

Why?

I guess I am not all that familiar with HD(v) save the few games I've played against it but it seems to play just a lot of the same characters and drop/hit/cause damage?

JosephPhillips
DS Region: Endor
DS Region: Endor

Post by JosephPhillips »

Imp Artillery?
"Real wisdom is knowing when to learn from your own mistakes and when to learn from the mistakes of others."

cooleo1c
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by cooleo1c »

_maul's trooper deck owns WYS(V) and HBv(V) I haven't played against regular WYS yet though
Thanks!

qasur

Post by qasur »

JosephPhillips wrote:Imp Artillery?
Yeah, it's about their ownly one (besides The Phantom Menace). However, both are very situational. Maul is lost/canceled/can't be played in liek 50% of DS decks and Imp Artillery requires non-Lightsaber weapons... which means either Troopers w/Guns, AT-STs w/cannons, or AT-ATs w/cannons... all of which aren't heavily played.

Luke is available to every LS deck basically, and any ground-based version of a LS deck utlizing him would be stupid to not include his personal Destiny 7 cards because they're all too good. Rycar (v) just makes LS have amazing options. Not only is there Luke's Bionic Hand, IWYTv, Obi's Livejournal, but they also can get Demotion too, which is very good versus DS Space. Part of the weakness to DS space is that Demotion plain owns their admirals (part of why Thrawn + Justifier (v) isn't so awesome... usually thrawn has blanked gametext).

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by _maul »

Well, you can't pull Demotion or anything.

Wait.

;)

futantshadow
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by futantshadow »

arebelspy wrote:
futantshadow wrote:no DS deck can beat both WYS and HBv. I'm not sure if any DS deck can even beat one of them. Your best chance is to kick your opponent mercilessly in the nuts until he passes out and go for the timed win.
i think you're still in the 6 months ago meta.
probably year ago meta.. haven't played in awhile ;) I just know WYS and HBv are stupid-dumb decks.

Lukes Bionic Hand
Retired Advocate
Location: A realm of existence so far beyond your own you cannot even imagine it

Post by Lukes Bionic Hand »

qasur wrote:
arebelspy wrote:

Really? What happened to DS suddenly that made them better? I mean, we got Galen's new Saber and Vader got a V'd cloak. One adds PoA and the other cancels it (and adds 2 to immunity), but other than that, how did LS mains get worse? Mace still swings twice and has complete immunity and Luke, STIF still has ITA < 6 + 7 Power. The best answer to stiffy is just a tracked 7... which DS doesn't have.
ni chuba na v
galen's new saber
force field that works with mara/galen
anti-maintenance cards got fixed
vader's phantom menace

and the best answer to SITF luke is galen and a destiny to attrition. galen is pretty much a one man wrecking crew now.
The Smoking Gungan wrote:worf plays for canada even though that team has no honor and plays dirty
Image Image

Return to “Decks to Beat 2009-2010”