This forum

TacoBill

This forum

Post by TacoBill »

Wasn't there already a topic by this name? Where'd that go?

Anyway, lets tray and get this forum up to date after major events (MPCs, Nationals, Worlds, any other tournament with 20+ people).

I'll definitely take suggestions on this list, but here's what I think the top several decks are for each side after the MPC:

DS-
Hunt Down v
Entanglements
ROPS
Mistryl
Walkers
Senate
CRv Scum
Hunt Down v TIEs

LS-
Profit
WYS
WYS v
LTWWv TRM
HFTMF TRM
Rebel Senate
Hidden Base v
WHAP

I'd like to get at least decklists and some kind of general strategy section posted for each type of deck. Volunteers?

Bill Kafer
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.
Corran wrote:Honestly, Tacobill should just be the boss of SWCCG.

agnos

Re: This forum

Post by agnos »

I know that I plan to update the side primers within the week. I can also try do a more in depth discussion of a few of the decks that I know. In the least I plan on updating the WYSv primer. Personally, I don't think that Scum, Mystril, LTWW TRM are all that good. WHAP is only really playable when Imperial Decree v isn't played much--although the scomp link access v start for 2-1B intrigues me. DS Senate also seemed to do well for many at the MPC but that could be because there weren't many counter cards rampant or because it can limit losses really well. DS Senate just loses hardcore to Rebel Senate though. Taco Ties always intrigues me and I love it, but it just rarely performs for me. It does have some ridiculous average destiny though.

BrenDerlin

Post by BrenDerlin »

This is a great idea.
WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!
Brad Eier wrote:i have no idea who matt thorton is, possibly the son of billy bob?

BrenDerlin

Post by BrenDerlin »

agnos wrote: Personally, I don't think that Scum, Mystril, LTWW TRM are all that good.
I tend to agree...but I also think that they're decks that people should always be aware of.
WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!
Brad Eier wrote:i have no idea who matt thorton is, possibly the son of billy bob?

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

Yeah, I kinda wanted it to be more of a 'Decks that a lot of people played or did well with at the last big event' forum.
Bill Kafer
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.
Corran wrote:Honestly, Tacobill should just be the boss of SWCCG.

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

yah i don't see how trm isn't the best ls deck still. it's ridic. i didn't lose a game with it, beat john anderson's tto by 10 or 12ish, beat gemme's ds senate by 25, beat sokol's isb drop & drain by 6 (should've been 20 but i'm punted the game in the end) and reid's rops by 24.

reid went 4-0 with it too, he won all his games day 1 by like 29+. shannon was literally the only person all weekend to beat reid's trm. and his and mine were pretty different too, which is crazy (mostly the difference was the space package, both were good but very very different).

i'm hoping to write a TR for the mpc at some point. some great stories in my games. fun fun games, great opponents.
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

Karrdeshark
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Karrdeshark »

mikefrench wrote:yah i don't see how trm isn't the best ls deck still. it's ridic. i didn't lose a game with it, beat john anderson's tto by 10 or 12ish, beat gemme's ds senate by 25, beat sokol's isb drop & drain by 6 (should've been 20 but i'm punted the game in the end) and reid's rops by 24.

reid went 4-0 with it too, he won all his games day 1 by like 29+. shannon was literally the only person all weekend to beat reid's trm. and his and mine were pretty different too, which is crazy (mostly the difference was the space package, both were good but very very different).

i'm hoping to write a TR for the mpc at some point. some great stories in my games. fun fun games, great opponents.

Please do :)

Anodos
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Anodos »

Should I list my taun tauns on tatooine deck?
Blake Huffman

You know what I'm talking about. This is just like that time Captain Picard wanted Luke to go with Treebeard but Luke was all "I don't know what you're talking about, do you mean this dragon I caught?" and Captain Picard was all NO RETARD, I mean go with that tree and Luke just kept talking to his friends Anakin and Jar-Jar and then he left Picard on Mordor and forgot about it completely. I love that episode.

Quoted from an email my wife sent me.

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

Anodos wrote:Should I list my taun tauns on tatooine deck?
:yes:
-Keith Brown

The Franchise
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Franchise »

yall can add my trm to the "didnt lose in the main event" list

but i think wys and trm are 1a and 1b

profit, wys v and rebsenate are close... not sure if they are 2a-c or 1c-e

agnos

Post by agnos »

Brad Eier wrote:yall can add my trm to the "didnt lose in the main event" list

but i think wys and trm are 1a and 1b

profit, wys v and rebsenate are close... not sure if they are 2a-c or 1c-e
I think that one of profit, wys v and reb senate are 1c meta dependant. One of the major reasons why WYSv can beat mains right now is that Mains doesn't have enough key tricks against WYSv; cards as simple as IHYN are a beating on WYSv but Sitf keeps that down pretty well. Also, while Maul with double stick is a great card, he's not the most amazing in the current format except against journel mains.

sjacree
GEMP Username: Plagueis

Post by sjacree »

TacoBill wrote:Wasn't there already a topic by this name? Where'd that go?

Anyway, lets tray and get this forum up to date after major events (MPCs, Nationals, Worlds, any other tournament with 20+ people).

I'll definitely take suggestions on this list, but here's what I think the top several decks are for each side after the MPC:

DS-
Hunt Down v
Entanglements
ROPS
Mistryl
Walkers
Senate
CRv Scum
Hunt Down v TIEs

LS-
Profit
WYS
WYS v
LTWWv TRM
HFTMF TRM
Rebel Senate
Hidden Base v
WHAP

I'd like to get at least decklists and some kind of general strategy section posted for each type of deck. Volunteers?
So do we have any takers? I would not consider myself qualified for any of the above decks, but I would LOVE to get a primer on Rebel Senate, TRM, and Hunt Down v.
-Seth Acree, Compiler of Legacy Flex Cube, designer of Seth's Virtual Expansion, creator of Death March (legacy) and BHBM Skulls decktypes, Breaker of Dark Waters combo (legacy), former-CBT Member, former-Design team, best player in West Africa and...
Image Image
Throdo wrote:You're the most creative deckbuilder I know.

BrenDerlin

Post by BrenDerlin »

Is there any progress on this? I just started browsing this forum, which is pretty sad looking (considering most of the topics are just thinly-veiled arguments by Brian Herold of how pointless this is).

Maybe people want to hang on to their expertise until after worlds, but I'd like to see a primer for CPIv, if that's not being worked on already.
WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!

Return to “Decks to Beat 2009-2010”