Official Announcement - World Championships 2008

Stenberg
LS Region: Bespin
LS Region: Bespin

Post by Stenberg »

The grand opening is scheduled for Christmas Eve, but it's pretty easy to find detour maps for 35W if you don't know where it's closed.

I haven't driven up from the South lately, but I know there are about a billion signs saying it's closed, and I think the detour is pretty well marked too. Not positive though.

brady1194
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by brady1194 »

I drive the detour once a month to go to our locals. You just loop around on I-94 to I-694 and cross the river on the I-694 bridge which is like 2 miles north of Twin City Comics.

Brady

justin25
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by justin25 »

thanks
punkbear wrote:
Brad Eier wrote:punk bear, aka jabba shirt guy, aka mealticket,
keeping people fed since ought 9. (for rares of course)

Farmer Bob
DS Region: Coruscant
DS Region: Coruscant

Post by Farmer Bob »

What was the (exact total, all 3 days) attendance of Worlds last year?

CategoryOneGames.com
GEMP Username: Categoryon

Post by CategoryOneGames.com »

Anyone know hotels around the area we can start looking into. My flight as of right now would cost 400.

I'm wondering when Thursday events would begin and what is maybe planned, I know I don't get in till 2 pm at the earliest to the store.

brady1194
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by brady1194 »

Scott,

We'll find you a free place to stay. My house will eventually be stupid full, but since no one has officially reserved a spot you're welcome to be #1 on the registry.

Brady

Harpster
Booster Box
Booster Box
Holotable username: Harpster
GEMP Username: Sharpy

Post by Harpster »

Psycho Bob wrote:
Harpster wrote:Everyone that knows me, knows how passionate I am about SWCCG. The way I feel about it is simply this; if they dont like it they can take a walk IMO.
# of dates: ....0.
I am married for the second time ;p I have no issues with women that is for sure, maybe with SW but not women.

CategoryOneGames.com
GEMP Username: Categoryon

Post by CategoryOneGames.com »

brady1194 wrote:Scott,

We'll find you a free place to stay. My house will eventually be stupid full, but since no one has officially reserved a spot you're welcome to be #1 on the registry.

Brady
Brady, awsome man, thanks so much for the invite, would be glad to be #1 on your list. Thanks.

justin25
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by justin25 »

Just a little helpful advice for everybody that will be flying into the airport there at Minneapolis, if your using the concourse bathrooms don't use a wide stance while standing over the toilet and accidentally touch the persons foot next to you. You could get in trouble for making a pass at an undercover cop. :B-fly:
punkbear wrote:
Brad Eier wrote:punk bear, aka jabba shirt guy, aka mealticket,
keeping people fed since ought 9. (for rares of course)

davidson07
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by davidson07 »

Yes, crashable space from one of the MN guys would rock. Can I get a spot on someone's floor if I come?
Wes Cobb
Co-reincarnator of Team Louisville
Booker wrote:You just got cobblered!

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

we're prolly going to stay at the best western normandy inn in downtown minneapolis. i imagine it's pretty simple to get there from the airport, but i bet there's no public transit to the card shop where the tourney is (it's listed as just under 5 miles away on mapquest). we might have to rent a car.

good news is that it looks like that hotel is pretty nice. indoor pool/hot tub, i know that's important to team ohio.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

Shadow 13

Post by Shadow 13 »

actually, looks like there's bus routes that get us there in half an hour without too much walking. not bad, minneapolis.
ryan french

kurtisblow
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by kurtisblow »

Shadow 13 wrote:we're prolly going to stay at the best western normandy inn in downtown minneapolis. i imagine it's pretty simple to get there from the airport, but i bet there's no public transit to the card shop where the tourney is (it's listed as just under 5 miles away on mapquest). we might have to rent a car.

good news is that it looks like that hotel is pretty nice. indoor pool/hot tub, i know that's important to team ohio.
This is a nice hotel, you should not be dissappointed.
-Kurt Schlichting

"Raul stole everyones U-3POs"

bluethrawn
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by bluethrawn »

Shadow 13 wrote:we're prolly going to stay at the best western normandy inn in downtown minneapolis. i imagine it's pretty simple to get there from the airport
Light rail from the airport to downtown should put you three or four blocks from your hotel.

Jeeps

Post by Jeeps »

THANK YOU JESSE VENTURA!
Peter Jacobson

PLO KOON!

Jeeps

Post by Jeeps »

I was wondering how day two participants will be selected. I know it's been (more or less) a top percentage, but I was thinking we should make this more concrete. Instead of letting, say, the top 25% advance, why don't we say all records of 4-2 (or even 3-3) or better advance. That means people will have a goal and know they "made it" not on how the other guys do, but rather on how they do. I also think this would help keep scouting down since it doesn't matter what others are doing. Thoughts? I'm going to post this on a separate thread and await the discussion.

I know UDE does this, so it's not completely out of the question....
Peter Jacobson

PLO KOON!

primalfire

Post by primalfire »

This has to be the absolute worst location for any world's event.

The date is also pretty bad.

Whose bright idea was this?

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

primalfire wrote:This has to be the absolute worst location for any world's event.

The date is also pretty bad.

Whose bright idea was this?
The players voted on it, next year you can submit a bid of your own.
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

The Honky Tonk Man

Post by The Honky Tonk Man »

If this has been posted before, I apologize, but I looked at I couldn't find this info anywhere:

When are Days 1, 2, and 3? Will Day 2 be on Friday or Saturday?

Thanks

Shadow 13

Post by Shadow 13 »

Jeeps wrote:I was wondering how day two participants will be selected. I know it's been (more or less) a top percentage, but I was thinking we should make this more concrete. Instead of letting, say, the top 25% advance, why don't we say all records of 4-2 (or even 3-3) or better advance. That means people will have a goal and know they "made it" not on how the other guys do, but rather on how they do. I also think this would help keep scouting down since it doesn't matter what others are doing. Thoughts? I'm going to post this on a separate thread and await the discussion.

I know UDE does this, so it's not completely out of the question....
i also really like the 4-2 suggestion, or 8 games and 5-3. really gives you something to shoot for and also eliminates differential shenanigans.
ryan french

Return to “2008 World Championships”