Post by Jeeps »

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...

Peter Jacobson

PLO KOON!

thehooky
LS Region: Endor
LS Region: Endor

Post by thehooky »

yeah i would have to agree with my fellow woklings, i came in early on the 9th expecting more to take place like in the last few years. i just wanna play some SW, have not even looked at the cards tell about a month ago! and this game is cheaper then crack! have you seen how much that stuff sells for on the streets these days?

so how many people are showing up for day 1? last i herd it was going ot be like 4-8 players, now i see 40?

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

Jeeps wrote:You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...
Naw, he was impersonating Tom Cruise, not the Hulk.

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

next up i'm gonna put on a fat suit and some hip hop and ROCK OUT
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

can we get this stickied? Thanks

nateropes
Starter
Starter

Tourney Questions

Post by nateropes »

Hey. I've been out of touch with a lot of tournaments in the last, say, ten years or so. I was recently in the last tourney at Twin Citites Comics where I learned of virtual cards for the first time. Shows how much I know. I plan on playing in the worlds, and being so, I have a few questions to brush up on my tourney rules. I'm sure I'm the only one who doesnt know the answers to these, so take it easy on me!

1. Can you have a starting objective AND a starting inturrupt?
2. What is open constructed deck format?
3. For the team play, how is it set up (random, choice, by score)?
4. I know it's the same person, just like Bouschh/Leia, but are effects and inturrupts that deploy on or to same site as the "Emperor" (with regards to DSII Palpatine) still applicable to Darth Sidious from Theed Palace?

Thanks all!
-nateropes

"Why that's no bigger than a Womprat.."

AnakinSolo
Retired Advocate

Re: Tourney Questions

Post by AnakinSolo »

nateropes wrote:Hey. I've been out of touch with a lot of tournaments in the last, say, ten years or so. I was recently in the last tourney at Twin Citites Comics where I learned of virtual cards for the first time. Shows how much I know. I plan on playing in the worlds, and being so, I have a few questions to brush up on my tourney rules. I'm sure I'm the only one who doesnt know the answers to these, so take it easy on me!

1. Can you have a starting objective AND a starting inturrupt?
2. What is open constructed deck format?
3. For the team play, how is it set up (random, choice, by score)?
4. I know it's the same person, just like Bouschh/Leia, but are effects and inturrupts that deploy on or to same site as the "Emperor" (with regards to DSII Palpatine) still applicable to Darth Sidious from Theed Palace?

Thanks all!
Good questions. You can find some similar frequently asked questions at the new players forum http://www.swccgpc.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=332

but people are happy to answer generally:
1) You may have both (and a starting effect), but just remember that an objective takes the place of your starting location, so you dont get a starting location (except those that the objective tells you to deploy)
2) Open Constructed format means you build 60 card decks to bring (one for LS one for DS), and every card in the game is allowed (although with current errata)
3)Team play is generally set up where you and your teammate (choose beforehand) each pick a side. Then there is constructed deck tournament (normally 4 games?) with each player always staying with the same deck, you don't ever play your teammate, and your scores are added together.
4) For all purposes of starwars ccg, Sidious is not the emperor and the emperor is not sidious. The obsurdity of this is necessary for game balancing purposes (also neither is senator or supreme chancellor palpatine). The Emperors power does not apply to sidious, but you can have both characters on table at the same time.

Glad you are coming to worlds!
Well, Bye.

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

bump, this should prolly be on page 1? maybe, i dunno.
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

If I get picked up from the airport at 10:45, will I make it in time for the booster draft? The one that isn't listed in this schedule, but is on the main page.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

I don't think you could get from the airport to the store in 15 minutes. I'd allow 30 for sure.

Return to “2008 World Championships”