2008 fantasy worlds contest

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

Hunter wrote:I would like to select EPP Hunter with C Game for my fantasy team, but I don't see him on the list. All I see is a Brian Hunter who costs 40, which is way more than the guy I'm thinking of would be worth. Could we knock him down to 20 or 25 plz? Kthxbai
sorry but the brian hunter i'm thinking of is like 15-1 in constructed events this year and top 8'd worlds last year. were you thinking of some other brian hunter?

tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

WiseMarsellus wrote: sorry but the brian hunter i'm thinking of is like 15-1 in constructed events this year and top 8'd worlds last year. were you thinking of some other brian hunter?
No.....I guess that's the one I was thinking of. *sulks and kicks a small rock into the lake*

grumble grumble 40 points grumble

FBI report anything yet on whether Chu is expected?

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

he is
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

thehooky
LS Region: Endor

Post by thehooky »

Jon Chu: 45
Mike French: 15
Kyle Krueger: 15
Ryan French: 15
Noah Franke: 10
updated.

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

thehooky wrote:Jon Chu: 45
Mike French: 15
Kyle Krueger: 15
Ryan French: 15
Noah Franke: 10
updated.
you're a champ thehooky, way to represent the region. shoulda picked harpster over chu tho. =)
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

Ghosttrain

Post by Ghosttrain »

WiseMarsellus wrote:
pat dinelle would like it to be known that his picks are jon chu, tom hollingworth, and jan westergard
thats actually the exact same team that i picked

it didnt occur to me until now but I should have told tom that my team was me you and chu.
Lord Jannister

Time takes a cigarette, puts it in your mouth...

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

I smell a sitcom!

thehooky

Post by thehooky »

you're a champ thehooky, way to represent the region. shoulda picked harpster over chu tho. =)
i wanted to pick harpster, but i know of chu, and have watched him play Wars...he is just that good! sorry Harpster, make me pay and beat me for 1st and 2nd at worlds ok!

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

Hunter wrote:I smell a sitcom!
lol "Me, You, and Chu" sounds way better than "You, Me, and Dupree"

or maybe that was the name it was released under in china?
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

thehooky

Post by thehooky »

LOL

Asphalizo
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Asphalizo »

Here's my team

Brian Hunter- 40
Aaron Nelson - 25
Michael Richards - 20
Bobby Hilbun - 10

I wanted to go with Desai or Chu but both were to expensive. Hunter is an easier pick at 40 and I'm hoping I'll get a 2008 Frank Gore/Matt Forte with him. I saw Aaron Nelson play at the TX MPC. Kevin talked him up and he's done well since the TX MPC either winning or placing very high in almost all the tournaments since then. I would've gone with Kevin but Aaron is cheaper. Richards was one stupid play away from making Day 3 last year and he's only been getting better since. He's a top player here and he only gets better when he takes the time to interact with the Team Stephenville crew. Bobby took last year off basically due to his work. He got knocked out of the TX MPC by Aaron Nelson but then went on to win the consolation tourney. He ran Dantooine Regionals and made top 4 at Tx States. Although he has not done as much playing as 3 years ago his skillz are better. He's still a returning Day 3 player so at 10 pts thats an easy pick.

stealtheblind
GEMP Username: shaw67193

Post by stealtheblind »

justin desai - 50
tom hollingworth - 30
greg shaw - 20

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

kevin shannon - 35
aaron nelson - 25
joe olson - 15
bobby hilbrun - 10 points
mikefrench - 15 points

basically, i have to auto pick myself. also kevin and aaron are among the best players i've ever played, and they're at the peak of their game.

i would pick jim li at this point, but i'm not sure if he's going.

so i went with bobby hilbrun based on jw's reasoning, and for my last 15 went with one of the many good endor players. since harpster is good but too many points, i had to flip a coin between mike french and kyle kreuger.

mike was heads, for obvious reasons (guy who cannot be named said he gives good.. nevermind). meto was tails, cause.. /shrug.

heads won. also, i may edit this post up to the deadline if jim li says he is going and has played a game of starwars in the last month. cause he's a beast. and probably won't be too drunk.

Harpster
Booster Box
Booster Box
Holotable username: Harpster
GEMP Username: Sharpy

Post by Harpster »

Hunter - 40
Me - 25
Phil Aasen - 15
Ryan French -15
Chris Wirfs - Had to put him in he is my road dog.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Harpster wrote: Ryan French -15
wow, bold call of ryan over mike or kyle. could pay off huge, ryan has great potential.

also, good call on phil. somehow i missed his name when scanning the 15 pointers. good thing, or i'd have had to find a 3 headed coin to flip between him and mike and kyle.

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

arebelspy wrote:
wow, bold call of ryan over mike or kyle. could pay off huge, ryan has great potential.

also, good call on phil. somehow i missed his name when scanning the 15 pointers. good thing, or i'd have had to find a 3 headed coin to flip between him and mike and kyle.
lol what a mistake
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Shadow 13 wrote:
arebelspy wrote:

lol what a mistake
note how all the others have a space after the hyphen, like "Hunter - 40". i think you're actually worth -15 in his list. :P

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

man people are getting real belligerent over these picks
V set 6 and 7 release rountable analysis with Reid, Carulli and myself:

https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... =2&t=64906

Aglets
Rules Advocate

Post by Aglets »

whoever doesn't pick the auto team of Hunter, Hollingworth, and Westergard will not win the contest.
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

arebelspy wrote:
Shadow 13 wrote:
arebelspy wrote:

lol what a mistake
note how all the others have a space after the hyphen, like "Hunter - 40". i think you're actually worth -15 in his list. :P
ah, i get it now. at first i looked over his picks and saw that it was 105 points but that was counting ryan french as a positive 15. steve harpster is devious indeed.

btw jk i worked it out with him and his team as it is now is legal.

Aglets wrote:whoever doesn't pick the auto team of Hunter, Hollingworth, and Westergard will not win the contest.
are these your picks then?
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image

Return to “2008 World Championships”