Rides from the airport

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Rides from the airport

Post by jimli »

I know it's pretty close to the event and most people have got their plans sorted out, but now that I'm back in town, I'm taking next Thursday and Friday off of work. So if anyone still needs rides from the airport to the card store or wherever they're staying, give me a shout and I might be able to help out. Also Garrett, Brady, if you guys need help shuttling people to your houses from the airport or the card store, let me know.

-Jim

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

i put things off with this kind of stuff, just got my tickets. i'm getting into the mn airport at like noon on friday so i may need a ride

also i now need a place to crash for sunday night as apparently there are no flights to nyc after like 5 pm
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

WiseMarsellus wrote:i put things off with this kind of stuff, just got my tickets. i'm getting into the mn airport at like noon on friday so i may need a ride

also i now need a place to crash for sunday night as apparently there are no flights to nyc after like 5 pm
might be able to help with the place to crash sunday night. depends.
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

This is Tom right? Friday at noon shouldn't be a problem, shoot me a PM with your flight info and stuff and I can give you a ride from the airport to the card shop if you need it.

As for a place to stay, my apartment is kind of a cross between a 1br and a studio, and I'm not too hot on hosting people there, but if you exhaust all other options, then maybe.

I have no problems making multiple trips to the airport, so if anyone else needs a ride, just speak up.

-Jim

CategoryOneGames.com
GEMP Username: Categoryon

Post by CategoryOneGames.com »

Geoff and I get in at 8:30 on Thursday night if anyone needs a ride to Brady's we will be renting a car and such. Just throwing it out there, contact me if interested.

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

cool. i'll pm you flight info, thanks :)

and yeah the request for a place to crash was a request of anyone, although it was made in your thread it was directed at no one in particular
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

CategoryOneGames.com
GEMP Username: Categoryon

Post by CategoryOneGames.com »

Actually we might just go over to the store since Brady is already going to be there and I can follow him to his place I'm guessing, that way if anyone is getting in around then we can take you to the shop too.

brady1194
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by brady1194 »

You're welcome to crash with me Sunday night if you don't mind a somewhat early trip to the airport on Monday morning. I'm planning on making a trip up to drop of a couple of people staying with me.

Or, now that Scott is renting a car and flying out on Monday, I may be off the Monday aiport shuttle hook.

Brady

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

mikefrench wrote:
WiseMarsellus wrote:i put things off with this kind of stuff, just got my tickets. i'm getting into the mn airport at like noon on friday so i may need a ride

it depends on if we make it back to the hotel after barhopping all friggin' night, wearing our silk smoking jackets and slippers and carrying pipes (cigars are also permitted). if you can meet the dress code, you're in.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

Shadow 13 wrote:
mikefrench wrote:

it depends on if we make it back to the hotel after barhopping all friggin' night, wearing our silk smoking jackets and slippers and carrying pipes (cigars are also permitted). if you can meet the dress code, you're in.
ummm about that...

i didn't get around to getting those silk smoking jackets

or the slippers

or the pipes

or the cigars
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

El Jefe

Post by El Jefe »

As Scott said, we will be renting a car, we both leave Sunday evening so we won't be around Monday morning to give rides, PM either one of us if you need a lift, we will see what can be arranged. 8)

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

Wtf is a silk smoking jack?
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

Shadow 13

Post by Shadow 13 »

you'll see on day 2.
ryan french

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

Tom, Raveling offered to pick up me and Throdo at the same time on Friday afternoon, so if he's already gonna be there I'm assuming you could come with us and it'd save Jim a trip.

I'm still debating what I want to do Sunday night, and if anyone could offer advice I'd appreciate it. My flight is at 6AM Monday morning. Would it be smarter to
A) Crash at someone's house and take a cab mad early Monday morning (4AMish) to the airport
B) Take a ride with someone to the airport Sunday night, and crash in an airport hotel
C) Take a ride with someone to the airport Sunday night, and crash in the terminal

Thoughts?
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

Shadow 13

Post by Shadow 13 »

you're welcome to crash at our hotel, although it's nowhere near the airport or card shop.
ryan french

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

apparently i actually get in at like 9:30 am so i am not around for that window
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

spideyguy0 wrote: A) Crash at someone's house and take a cab mad early Monday morning (4AMish) to the airport
B) Take a ride with someone to the airport Sunday night, and crash in an airport hotel
C) Take a ride with someone to the airport Sunday night, and crash in the terminal
only thing i would say is don't count on a cab at 4 am. crash at someone's house and pay them to drive you to the airport at 4am, or crash at the airport/airport hotel.

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

You can call and schedule the cab the night before, won't be a problem around here. You can stay at my place, but it's a ways from the airport (the cab ride won't be cheap)

I don't know how the airport is about random Jewish guys sleeping there:) but that might not be a bad play since you are flying out so damn early :)
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

deadbody wrote:You can call and schedule the cab the night before, won't be a problem around here. You can stay at my place, but it's a ways from the airport (the cab ride won't be cheap)

I don't know how the airport is about random Jewish guys sleeping there:) but that might not be a bad play since you are flying out so damn early :)
Thought you didn't want people on Sunday night
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

spideyguy0 wrote:

Tom, Raveling offered to pick up me and Throdo at the same time on Friday afternoon, so if he's already gonna be there I'm assuming you could come with us and it'd save Jim a trip.

I'm still debating what I want to do Sunday night, and if anyone could offer advice I'd appreciate it. My flight is at 6AM Monday morning. Would it be smarter to
A) Crash at someone's house and take a cab mad early Monday morning (4AMish) to the airport

Thoughts?
I've seen people sleeping at the MSP airport before, but it's definitly far far from ideal. I've been in a few airports where they have really comfy seats (amsterdam comes to mind) where spending the night in them wouldn't be that big of a problem, but minneapolis is not one of them.

I think garrett mentioned earlier, you can call the cab companies and schedule a pickup in advance, so actually getting a cab to pick you up that early is not a problem.

MSP has a fair number of hotels close by, but also unlike other airports, there is no hotel actually attached to the airport itself, the closest hotels are located like a 5 minute drive away near the mall of america.

Out of the three choices, i would personally avoid C) at all costs :-)

hope that helps

Return to “2008 World Championships”