Rides from the airport

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

alternatively, you could sleep on the flight after staying up all night. oh wait, do you have classes on monday?

ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

spideyguy0 wrote:
deadbody wrote:You can call and schedule the cab the night before, won't be a problem around here. You can stay at my place, but it's a ways from the airport (the cab ride won't be cheap)

I don't know how the airport is about random Jewish guys sleeping there:) but that might not be a bad play since you are flying out so damn early :)
Thought you didn't want people on Sunday night
As long as you are gone before the child care kids get there monday morning it's cool, they won't be there at 4 am. I just don't want the parents to get there to drop their kids off and see a house full of 20-something nerds.
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

deadbody wrote:
spideyguy0 wrote:
deadbody wrote:You can call and schedule the cab the night before, won't be a problem around here. You can stay at my place, but it's a ways from the airport (the cab ride won't be cheap)

I don't know how the airport is about random Jewish guys sleeping there:) but that might not be a bad play since you are flying out so damn early :)
Thought you didn't want people on Sunday night
As long as you are gone before the child care kids get there monday morning it's cool, they won't be there at 4 am. I just don't want the parents to get there to drop their kids off and see a house full of 20-something nerds.
What would you estimate for cab fare from you to the airport? Cause I might do that then.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

spideyguy0 wrote: What would you estimate for cab fare from you to the airport? Cause I might do that then.
Won't be cheap. From Garrett's house it's gonna be roughly 50 bucks to get to the airport.

-Jim

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

jimli wrote: As for a place to stay, my apartment is kind of a cross between a 1br and a studio, and I'm not too hot on hosting people there, but if you exhaust all other options, then maybe.
did anyone else read exhaust as a swear word and think this sentence made no sense, then have to reread it with the actual word exhaust?

just me?

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

arebelspy wrote:
jimli wrote: As for a place to stay, my apartment is kind of a cross between a 1br and a studio, and I'm not too hot on hosting people there, but if you exhaust all other options, then maybe.
did anyone else read exhaust as a swear word and think this sentence made no sense, then have to reread it with the actual word exhaust?

just me?
I was in fact thinking of that when i wrote the sentence :-)

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

jimli wrote:
spideyguy0 wrote: What would you estimate for cab fare from you to the airport? Cause I might do that then.
Won't be cheap. From Garrett's house it's gonna be roughly 50 bucks to get to the airport.

-Jim
That's doable. Garrett, put me down for the first half of the night Sunday night then, and I'll be gone by 4AM.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

I know this is late notice too, but if anyone is still looking for a ride from the airport to the store on Friday afternoon, I may be able to accommodate that. PM me with the time you'd need pick up and I'll see if it will work. I'll be playing in Day 1 so I need to be to the store probably by 4:30. I don't think I'd be able to transport anyone else for the rest of the weekend though unfortunately, except maybe some short rides here and there.

mr007agent

Post by mr007agent »

I have two players that need rides. Any help would be great! Here are their information:

Allen Gaible - Friday - Northwest from Memphis - 12:00 p.m.
Chris Fanchi - Friday - Delta Flight 1164 from ATL - 7:30 p.m.
Michael Richards
Rogue 84
PC Volunteer
Shadow 43 - Dantooine Flight Leader
http://omega.uta.edu/~mhr7680/dantooineswccg.html
-007-
ImageImage

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

mr007agent wrote:I have two players that need rides. Any help would be great! Here are their information:

Allen Gaible - Friday - Northwest from Memphis - 12:00 p.m.
Chris Fanchi - Friday - Delta Flight 1164 from ATL - 7:30 p.m.
Currently I am making three trips to the airport on Friday, so if the offer to help out from other people still stands, (puck71, jeeps in the other tread) I'll let someone else handle the 12pm flight :-) If not, I can probably haul my ass over to the airport one more time. at noon.

I will definitely not be able to help with the 7:30pm flight due to the team tournament.

Jeeps

Post by Jeeps »

Yeah- I am in the team thing too... someone else able to step up there?

I am picking up Joe Olson at 2:21 at the airport... I can help, Jim- if you think it would save you a trip...
Peter Jacobson

PLO KOON!

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

Jeeps wrote:Yeah- I am in the team thing too... someone else able to step up there?

I am picking up Joe Olson at 2:21 at the airport... I can help, Jim- if you think it would save you a trip...
i thought jim was picking us up cause he's like 15 min from the airport and you'd be at the cardshop at that time?

though if you could grab hunter and I then, maybe he could grab the guy at noon that saves him a trip like you said?

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

I didn't see it in this thread, but Raveling will be at the airport at 10:45AM on Friday to get me and Throdo, so if anyone else wants to jump in that car and maybe save someone else a trip, let him know.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

Bah, this is all getting so confusing...

So far, I have made arrangements to pick up:

1) Tom Hollingworth at 9:30am, this will be no problem since i'll be awake and need something to do to start off the day.

2) Joe Olson at 2:21pm, I assume this will also include Hunter, but I PMed hunter to check to make sure and he hasn't replied.

3) Andos and friend at 3:20pm or so.

These last two run kinda close to each other, so I have some slight concerns over not making Andos wait too long while i hustle Joe and Brian over to the card store and head back to the airport.

And now someone needs a ride at Noon.

So Peter, if you take over either #2 or #3 on that list, and I grab the guy at noon, my trips to the airport will be spaced out much better.

-Jim

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

I don't think I could make a noon pickup, since I'll be driving down about 3.5 hours on Friday, and I can't do the 7:30pm either since I'll be in Day 1.

It looks like Peter is already planning on taking #2 (2:21pm) from his post a few back in this thread, but I'm not sure if he has enough room. I think he can get 3 or 4 in his car if needed though.

If the noon pickup is still needed I can probably make it work, but I wasn't planning on getting down there that early in the day.

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

Well it appears that there was some confusion 'cos both Peter and I were under the impression that we were picking up Olson and Hunter...

Okay, so Joe and Brian, I guess Peter is gonna give you guys a ride, contact him to arrange stuff if you haven't done so already.

-Jim

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

jimli wrote:Well it appears that there was some confusion 'cos both Peter and I were under the impression that we were picking up Olson and Hunter...

Okay, so Joe and Brian, I guess Peter is gonna give you guys a ride, contact him to arrange stuff if you haven't done so already.

-Jim
got it.

thanks to both of you for being so willing & helpful to us out of towners :D

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

What Joe said.

But if Peter is picking us up instead of Jim, then Peter needs to let me know whether or not I'm still looking for "an overweight asian guy driving a light blue honda civic hybrid" :)

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

Hunter wrote:What Joe said.

But if Peter is picking us up instead of Jim, then Peter needs to let me know whether or not I'm still looking for "an overweight asian guy driving a light blue honda civic hybrid" :)
Peter does not drive such a cool car, the rest still applies :-)

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

Hunter wrote:What Joe said.

no worries.

i have peter's cell #. i will be sending him lewd texts until he picks us up. maybe even after that.

Return to “2008 World Championships”