My stomach has a question.

Lord Helmet
Booster Box
Booster Box

My stomach has a question.

Post by Lord Helmet »

Will this weekend allow for a lunch break? If not, does our fine establishment have refreshments available? Do they allow you to bring your own food? If not again, I could be okay with Mountain Dew and Moon Pies if needed.

Bryan Batdorf
Founder of Team Stephenville, a subsidiary of Team Texas
Recent 4-4 at my first Worlds! I RULE.

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

I think we will be able to fit in a lunch break.
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

Lord Helmet
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Lord Helmet »

My stomach thanks you, from the bottom of his....oh, wait, that's kinda gross.
Bryan Batdorf
Founder of Team Stephenville, a subsidiary of Team Texas
Recent 4-4 at my first Worlds! I RULE.

Steviegets112
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Steviegets112 »

woah woah woah are you serious? day 2 has a lunch break?

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

How long is day 2 gonna take with 8 rounds + lunch? Maybe just lowball for the bye would be a better move if you're hungry.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

Haha, you must be loving your job Garrett... outrage at every decision! :-)

I personally agree with steve tho', all tournaments either start at 11am, 1pm or in the evening, I don't see any need for lunch breaks, just eat before the tournament. I can see a call for a lunch break if a 8 game tournament started at 9am or something, but not for tournaments with a 11am start.

-Jim

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

what did people do last year for food? we didn't have a lunch break did we? i can't recall, as last year mark was with me and he was like me and ktod's runner for food.
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

Haha Jim, if I didn't get to piss people off the job wouldn't be worth it:)

Seriously for an 8 game tournament there usually is a lunch break, if we start on time at 11 am (possible) and no games go to time (not bloody likely) then we can get out of there sometime around 7 pm best case scenario, more likely case, we'll be playing till 9 or 10, and a break after like game 3 or 4 would be well received.

I can't believe this decision is causing problems :)
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Anodos
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Anodos »

What type of places are there to eat at around the shop?
Blake Huffman

You know what I'm talking about. This is just like that time Captain Picard wanted Luke to go with Treebeard but Luke was all "I don't know what you're talking about, do you mean this dragon I caught?" and Captain Picard was all NO RETARD, I mean go with that tree and Luke just kept talking to his friends Anakin and Jar-Jar and then he left Picard on Mordor and forgot about it completely. I love that episode.

Quoted from an email my wife sent me.

Steviegets112
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Steviegets112 »

Its not causing problems but I just think its stupid to have a lunch break in an 8 game tournament ....which due to time will most likely take 10 hours. then add another hour for the lunch break? Personally I don't feel like sitting in a card store where more then likely it will smell of body odor any longer then necessary. if people want to eat then they can grab something between games thats pretty much how its always done.

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

Steviegets112 wrote:Its not causing problems but I just think its stupid to have a lunch break in an 8 game tournament ....which due to time will most likely take 10 hours. then add another hour for the lunch break? Personally I don't feel like sitting in a card store where more then likely it will smell of body odor any longer then necessary. if people want to eat then they can grab something between games thats pretty much how its always done.
Agree 100% with Steve.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

lunch breaks are for sissies. Win in 10 minutes then bask in the lunch you can eat while Joe Olson and Raveling stall each other out wondering whats in Mike's lost pile.

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

CRingwell wrote:lunch breaks are for sissies. Win in 10 minutes then bask in the lunch you can eat while Joe Olson and Raveling stall each other out wondering whats in Mike's lost pile.
:lol:

i KNEW what was in there.. he was in doubt.

also, agree with the no lunch break people (like most the people i guess?). eat before, start at 11. win your games fast or send runners who can win fast.

8 games + lunch break makes the day way, way too long.

citizenSwanky
Anthology
Anthology

Post by citizenSwanky »

Do you guys hate the super bowl because it has a longer than usual half-time?

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

citizenSwanky wrote:Do you guys hate the super bowl because it has a longer than usual half-time?
i donno about you, but the superbowl isn't nearly as grueling for me as 8 games of high level competition swccg. stretching that out into an even longer day seems a bit different than stretching out a day where you sit o n the couch and yell.

The Franchise
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Franchise »

what i hate about the superbowl is how bodog crashed all day when booker and i wanted to drop some mad money on the g men with the moneyline

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

Anodos wrote:What type of places are there to eat at around the shop?
The closest is a Dairy Queen right across the street. There are a few other places a few blocks North (McDonald's would be the fastest of the food). There should be a Pizza Hut a couple blocks South, but not much else to the South.

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

I personally like a break for lunch, even if its a half hour, it allows/requires me to think of other things besides cards. But i can see how a lunch break at worlds would be bad, due to things like scouting and the sheer amount of games/time its going to take, but i'm not going to worlds so noone listen to me as per usual :)
Jerry H

Image Image

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

If we do a break it'd be a half hour. Chris and I will discuss this.
Image Image

deck
DS Region: Kashyyyk
DS Region: Kashyyyk
GEMP Username: Profundity

Post by deck »

breaks are for wusses. go to the damn sub shop before the tourney and get a cold cut sandwich and throw it in your or your friends' bag damnit.
Mike "Deck" Gemme

https://www.twitch.tv/deck104

My SW:CCG Podcast & Blog https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/sh ... eHrSXiuzy/ - Updated 01/17/2017

Return to “2008 World Championships”