Worlds Love Thread...

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

uhh so here's some props:

-the td and helpers for doing an awesome job.
-of course kevin shannon, kyle krueger, and tom frafjosohdsohford. great showing by all!
-casey anis, was cool to hang out with you a lot. too bad we both scrubbed out!
-tom h, was also cool to meet you and pick your brain about stuff. also our sealed game was a lot of fun! you can tell your u-3p0 to go off himself
-jan w, totally cool guy, cept for blowing up the executor you had just signed. i hope your travels go well!
-mistor police man. enjoy your vedain. dude you suck at opening packs tho
-garrett, thanks for letting us crash at your place. seems like you've got a nice family going on too, thats great.
-cloud city technician, dude you rocked in my sealed deck, I owe you big.
-arcona, yeah you were hot too
-uhhh okay now i'm just searching for stuff
-umm... booker & eier you guys are cool. gj eier at the restaurant, at least you won something this weekend
-pistone oh yeah, thanks for hanging out it was fun! oh btw my sister would totally fall for you if you need a girl. you are like totally like her, its weird.
-mike raveling for picking up me and casey @ the airport, that was nice.

slops:
-uhh me for forgetting people in the props I am sure.
-other atlantans who didn't come to worlds too! you guys and your lame excuses
-limited resources in sealed deck, you made me cry
-scott church, dude it was cool to meet you, but I bought all these cards and none of them worked as expected. can't I get a refund or something?
-the people at the DQ for telling me the closest atm was 1/2 mile away when it was really next door. btw your food sucks
-the muslim restaurant with good food that had "we hate jews" stuff all over the walls.
-myself for bringing a jew to the muslim restaurant with good food that had "we hate jews" stuff all over the walls. my bad dude
-myself for forgetting to activate? yeah that was a low point

i guess thats it! i definitely had fun meeting everybody!

Psychobabble
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Psychobabble »

fo real on the we hate jews stuff?

Anodos
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Anodos »

I have to say a giant THANKS!!! to Jeeps. He was a wonderful host and made my trip awesome. He is a great guy that goes out of his way to make you feel welcome. His only drawback is that hes an uninformed liberal :)

I would also like to thank Raveling for putting me up for my last night there. It was great besides having to stay in the same room as Thomas. Also I am the world champ at key break.

I met a ton of great people over the weekend and everyone was nicer than I thought. Sorry if I offended you Casey with the comment about the Jew vs Christian championship game. My wife was very upset with me after I told her I said that.

That was me that played against you with the profit matchup Pistone. It was a great game and I don't feel bad that I lost.
Blake Huffman

You know what I'm talking about. This is just like that time Captain Picard wanted Luke to go with Treebeard but Luke was all "I don't know what you're talking about, do you mean this dragon I caught?" and Captain Picard was all NO RETARD, I mean go with that tree and Luke just kept talking to his friends Anakin and Jar-Jar and then he left Picard on Mordor and forgot about it completely. I love that episode.

Quoted from an email my wife sent me.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

Psychobabble wrote:fo real on the we hate jews stuff?
yeah for real, but i really didn't know until casey told me what the stuff actually said (it was in arabic) afterwards. he was pretty cool about it though

RexBanner7
DS Region: Kashyyyk
DS Region: Kashyyyk

Post by RexBanner7 »

deck104 wrote:lol you and justin need to bang each other and get it over with
Yeah, and film it to show to high school kids proving that abstinence is the way to go.
arebelspy wrote:Who can resist the call of the mystery box?

Harpster
Booster Box
Booster Box
Holotable username: Harpster
GEMP Username: Sharpy

Post by Harpster »

I am not sure how this is going to look like but here it goes.

And time for Harpster's Props/ Slops

Props to all who showed / Slops to all who didn't

Props to Pizza Hut for being so close/ Slops for the Flies that followed

Props for Chris Wirfs renting a car / Slops for Chris running all red lights

Props to the entire Endor Crew for all getting together and making a great showing.

Slops to Phil for putting religion infront of Star Wars J/K but not really ;p

Props to all who TD'd and didn't play.

Slops to the bad ruling about Scum and villany was not be fore Fire Extinguisher

Props to the maker of Blockade Flagship Bridge

Slops to the maker of Blockade Flagship "if you know you just know"

Props to team KTOD for being cool guys

Slops to all that said they were all asshats

Props to Gemme for blowing up two Deathstars

Slops to Gemme for still losing ;p

Props to Kyle for coming up with a cool Light Deck

Slops to Me for thinking I should play that on Day 2

Props for me putting my number on the PC web site so peeps could call me

Slops to dinelle for being a douche and calling me, right after I just hung the phone up on NICK JONES.

After all of that my trip was outstanding I met alot of cool people, I played against an array of different decks includeing Ravelings Whap permanent weapons trooper deck OMFG i wish I could have found my damn WTOAOT card just for you but I couldn't so you pwned me. but whatever.

Steve

citizenSwanky
Anthology
Anthology

Post by citizenSwanky »

Lets do this thing:

Props:
Kevin Shannon for winning
Kyle Kreuger for his performance all weekend, and playing me 4 times
Jim Li for playtesting and helping me get ready for day 3
Brady Moore, Jim Li, Alden, Walseth and The Hooky for lending me cards
Garrett and Raveling for not letting my TTO down
The TD's for running this thing
Jay for hosting
Mike Gemme for dominating my Death Star and playing Atrocity 5 times against me
Ryan Mason + the Winnepeg guys for making the 10+ hour drive down
Alden, Peter, Brian, Tyler, Jake, Sean for some quality between-game stories
Scott Church for selling me a bunch of cards
Alden a third time for suggesting I play a deck that no one would see coming
Hunter for showing me a Wookiee deck that is/was probably a lot better than mine
Chewbacca of Kashyyyk (V) for causing lots of overflow by himself
Everyone else I met

Slops:
Flies
Not enough sleep
Not playing a warm-up game with my WYS
someone trying to walk off with my decks

Probably more in both columns that I cant think of

band_member
DS Region: Bespin
DS Region: Bespin

Post by band_member »

Harpster wrote: ...

After all of that my trip was outstanding I met alot of cool people, I played against an array of different decks includeing Ravelings Whap permanent weapons trooper deck OMFG i wish I could have found my damn WTOAOT card just for you but I couldn't so you pwned me. but whatever.

Steve
Oh that would have made me smile and I would have given up the game right there.
-Our game's card designer said "...something as inconsequential as the World Championships for a very dorky hobby."
-Loves eggs.

thehooky
LS Region: Endor
LS Region: Endor

Post by thehooky »

thanks to all the guys that let me touch them! and yes i will bring a big jug of water next time, drinking 13 little bottles a day is way to much to carrie around.

slops to me for deploying Mace when i had Yoda MoFo on table!

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

Anodos wrote:
I met a ton of great people over the weekend and everyone was nicer than I thought. Sorry if I offended you Casey with the comment about the Jew vs Christian championship game. My wife was very upset with me after I told her I said that.
No offense taken. I only turned you down cause I didn't like the matchup (with good reason) and I only take bets I know I can win.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

Throdo wrote:
Psychobabble wrote:fo real on the we hate jews stuff?
yeah for real, but i really didn't know until casey told me what the stuff actually said (it was in arabic) afterwards. he was pretty cool about it though
Wasn't really anti-Jewish if you look at it that way, more pro-Palestinian, but the big thing was the huge map of Palestine, which was actually just a map of Israel, except with the entire country labeled as Palestine, with the Palestinian flag colored over the whole thing, and Israel nowhere to be seen, which is the same image Ahmadinijhad (dunno how to spell that, the Iranian guy) has been waving around when he says that Israel should be "wiped off the map." I found the whole experience kinda funny in a "crap if I get found out in here I'm gonna die" kind of way.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

btw casey i apologize if i offended you with any comments i made in or around that jew/christian championship match, i was totally off my game all weekend. when you asked me if kyle krueger was jewish i meant to say "the south park Kyle is jewish and that's all that matters when you want to pick on a kid named kyle" but i prolly said something offensive. because i'm a d1ck.

props (by the way) to kyle for his amazing comeback to me saying "i'm a d1ck" -- "You are what you eat." oh and also for getting 2nd at some tournament.

props to KTOD for taking home the mugs again. give the rest of us a chance to win the coolest trophies ever, mkay?

props to kevin shannon for winning some tournament i guess. he's pretty cool, but when i woke up sunday morning i realized how it must've happened....he was sleeping with chris the whole time. i guess that's how you win worlds, sleep with the TD. wish i'd gotten a pic, but it's evidently against party rules for the groom to bring a camera. with good reason. i prolly would have vomited on it.

that last prop kind of got away from itself.

props to the Newsroom for having the best lasagna i have ever tasted (or vomited up).

props to the Rebel Strike Team in all it's glory taking both 2nd and 2nd-to-last at worlds this year, in close-to-order of finish: Kyle Krueger, Mike French, Steven Harpster, Jesse Reynolds, Joe "Redbeard the Pirate" Olson, Chris Wirfs, Buddy Walters, and the absentee Phil Aasen.

props to all my varied opponents: brian fred, brian hunter, pete from "pete and re-pete", brady owens, james booker, johnny chu, garret raveling, chris fanchi (who has the uncanny ability to elis out of the cantina when i'm about to start a BRAWL), clone hidden base guy, and of course his emminence the Emperor Scott Lingrell (who gave me my biggest win of the weekend, thanks buddy! you prolly had the worst starting hand EVOR in that game, it couldn't have been much fun).

props to various and sundry cool dudes i talked to this weekend, like chris showandtell, tom hollingworth (who beat jesse senseless in the team tourney), nick kolnick, bradley ei0r, mike pistone, noah franke, justin desai (your terminator dance will be fondly remembered for a long time), mike gemme, the cute girl at the dairy queen counter, the cute waitress at the Newsroom who i prolly made an idiot of myself in front of, and of course Throdo. and naturally i'm forgetting a lot of folks, but don't worry you're cool too. esp steve baroni, you were on my fantasy team again and YOU DON"T DISAPPOINT, SIR. wish i had picked kyle too instead of my ridiculous brother.

props to my brother for being ridiculous on this trip, in every good and bad sense of the word. don't ever ask him for directions, btw =)

slops to the Dean Martin-i for being more than i could handle. damn you alcohol, you made a fool out of me for the last time! (prolly not)
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

RexBanner7 wrote:
deck104 wrote:lol you and justin need to bang each other and get it over with
Yeah, and film it to show to high school kids proving that abstinence is the way to go.

camera angles and photoshopped boobs...?

Return to “2008 World Championships”