When are the decklists going to be posted?

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

Brad Eier wrote:send deck lists to me. i wil lbuy a scanner and figure out how to do it. no decklists posted next year is silly.
Why? Decipher never posted decklists, this is a pretty recent thing that the PC has been posting decklists. I'd rather decklists get posted if people want to post them, than just because.

I would be interested in a debate on the subject.

Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

AnakinSolo
Retired Advocate

Post by AnakinSolo »

deadbody wrote:
AnakinSolo wrote:i was making fun of Garrett not you. Cant speak for others.
* off, when you want to buy me a scanner, and then pay me to devote a great deal of time to scanning 200+ decklists instead of spending time with my wife and kids then we can talk. Since I don't own a scanner, and already devote more time and money to this game than most I don't feel the least bit bad about not spending more money and time just so other people can copy decklists.

However Tim has graciously volunteered, so as soon as he sends me his address I'll have all the decklists in the mail a few days later.

Moving forward I don't think we'll be requiring decklists be sent to the PC for the 09 season.
chill out Garrett. I dont blame you for not wanting or being able to scan decklists. I blame you for presenting it as some type of technological barrier instead of calling for volunteers to do it. Turns out there are volunteers anyways.
Well, Bye.

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

Not owning the technology is a technological barrier. Since this is a volunteer organization that can't just buy the required technology.
AnakinSolo wrote:
deadbody wrote:
AnakinSolo wrote:i was making fun of Garrett not you. Cant speak for others.
* off, when you want to buy me a scanner, and then pay me to devote a great deal of time to scanning 200+ decklists instead of spending time with my wife and kids then we can talk. Since I don't own a scanner, and already devote more time and money to this game than most I don't feel the least bit bad about not spending more money and time just so other people can copy decklists.

However Tim has graciously volunteered, so as soon as he sends me his address I'll have all the decklists in the mail a few days later.

Moving forward I don't think we'll be requiring decklists be sent to the PC for the 09 season.
chill out Garrett. I dont blame you for not wanting or being able to scan decklists. I blame you for presenting it as some type of technological barrier instead of calling for volunteers to do it. Turns out there are volunteers anyways.
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

AnakinSolo
Retired Advocate

Post by AnakinSolo »

deadbody wrote:Not owning the technology is a technological barrier. Since this is a volunteer organization that can't just buy the required technology.
thats silly but whatever. SOMEONE is going to do the decklists and thats all I wanted.
Well, Bye.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

garrett, next time you don't feel like doing something as an advocate, ask for volunteers.

if no one volunteers, it doesn't happen, and probably no one cares that it does. if people want it to happen, there will be volunteers.

no one is placing it all on you, but to just be like "no, won't happen" is pretty poor.

thanks tim for volunteering, btw

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

garrett you have backed yourself into a bit of a pickle:

on one hand, you come out and say worlds 2009 wil lbe in fall, unless given a compelling reason to move the date. you want to keep the status quo, cause thats "what the pc has done the past few years"

yet, you DON'T want decklists posted, even though that is ALSO something the pc has done the past few years. given that aglets has volunteered, as i myself have, there is no compelling reason to NOT have decklists posted next year

personally i dont care 1 way or the other, but worlds lists at least should be posted i think (and thanks tim and garret for tag teaming that task and making it happen)
V set 6 and 7 release rountable analysis with Reid, Carulli and myself:

https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... =2&t=64906

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

Are we going to get round by round results or no? I am just wondering about some of my matchups, it seemed kind of weird and wanted to check it. Not a big deal imo if we don't.

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

Brad Eier wrote:garrett you have backed yourself into a bit of a pickle:

on one hand, you come out and say worlds 2009 wil lbe in fall, unless given a compelling reason to move the date. you want to keep the status quo, cause thats "what the pc has done the past few years"

yet, you DON'T want decklists posted, even though that is ALSO something the pc has done the past few years. given that aglets has volunteered, as i myself have, there is no compelling reason to NOT have decklists posted next year

personally i dont care 1 way or the other, but worlds lists at least should be posted i think (and thanks tim and garret for tag teaming that task and making it happen)
The difference is that there is a compelling reason not to have decklists, we no longer have the technology available to us to guarantee they get posted in a timely manner (if at all). WHile Tim has graciously volunteered to do the Worlds lists, I would be loathe to suddenly volunteer him or anyone else to input all decklists for all regionals. Yet that is what is being requested.
Image Image

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

deadbody wrote: The difference is that there is a compelling reason not to have decklists, we no longer have the technology available to us to guarantee they get posted in a timely manner (if at all). WHile Tim has graciously volunteered to do the Worlds lists, I would be loathe to suddenly volunteer him or anyone else to input all decklists for all regionals. Yet that is what is being requested.
I ran a regional this last year (Dagobah) and within a week of the event I had scanned and emailed Cedric the decklists in pdf format. As far as I know, these lists were never publicly posted, although I did offer to email them to anyone who asked.

Why is it that if the TD of the regional scans the decklists in and emails them they cannot be posted?

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

this just further hints that we as players should type up our decklists on MS word before the tourney. If you make any last second changes, cross out and write in what you changed, but at least your MS word file will be pretty damn close to what you brought. This helps with the constant bickering over handwriting, and helps in these situations when people would like to see decklists. Am I the only one who thinks this is a great solution?

Typing is easier than writing it out during the tourney, and with everyone sitting there writing, its pretty damn easy for your opponents to scout what cards your writing. At our colorado states tourney this august, i sat there with my lists already turned in while just about everyone else was frantically writing their lists.
Jerry H

Image Image

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

i can post them

i wil lvolunteer to help get stuff posted for next year

Schele
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Schele »

If you don't have the times or means to post results and decklists, why would you be the one who held onto the command cards and decklists after worlds?

Aglets
Rules Advocate

Post by Aglets »

Posting the lists shouldn't just be about whether or not we have the means to do it, as others have intimated here.

It's about the open sharing of ideas, making sure one group of people don't have a competitive edge over others simply because of their location.

It's just simple fairness.

We need to spread the "wealth of ideas" around.

Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

Asphalizo
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Asphalizo »

arebelspy wrote:garrett, next time you don't feel like doing something as an advocate, ask for volunteers.

if no one volunteers, it doesn't happen, and probably no one cares that it does. if people want it to happen, there will be volunteers.

no one is placing it all on you, but to just be like "no, won't happen" is pretty poor.

thanks tim for volunteering, btw
This

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

yeah garrett i do appreciate your doing advocate duties, it is a thankless job

i do think we could get donations to buy a pc scanner if need be, didnt we do the same thing for like developing some of the website here or something?

AnakinSolo
Retired Advocate

Post by AnakinSolo »

I agree with brad. FWIW I dont think its an onerous burden to ask each regional director to arrange to send in pdfs of decklists. If they cant, and no one at the regional volunteers, I am sure are volunteers who will do it, including Brad and myself.
Well, Bye.

Shewski
Retired Advocate

Post by Shewski »

Heck, I've got a high speed copier/scanner at work. For the MPC, I came in 10 min early and had it done. Of course, Pat was typing all of them up so that delayed the output a little bit. I'd be happy to volunteer that machinery at any time.
Last edited by Shewski on October 28th, 2008, 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Tomashewski

macgyver221
LS Region: Dagobah
LS Region: Dagobah
Holotable username: Macgyver221
GEMP Username: macgyver1

Post by macgyver221 »

I also have access to a high speed scanner at work. If decklists were required to be typed, I could scan them in and have them uploaded in short order. I think.

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

actually I am looking at a table top scanner. We could probably raise money for it then have a tournament team member scan them going forward.

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

macgyver221 wrote:I also have access to a high speed scanner at work. If decklists were required to be typed, I could scan them in and have them uploaded in short order. I think.

ooh.

Return to “2008 World Championships”