When are the decklists going to be posted?

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

yeah big envelopes are ultra rare so no fault there

still plenty of fault though for taking the lists if you knew you werent gonna post them yourself

V set 6 and 7 release rountable analysis with Reid, Carulli and myself:

https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... =2&t=64906

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

[mod edit] move along
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

That will never get old.
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

guys, lets drop the POR thing.

johnmichael

Post by johnmichael »

i think it's awesome that so many people are willing to help and use the equipment they have in their offices to do this.

this sort of thing is actually my field of work, as im an office consultant, and my office demos and sells this equipment. i spend most of my time analyzing networks to lower their costs, and scanning large documents, compressing them, and emailing them out to different places is something i do just about everyday.

if given copies of the lists, i would gladly scan them in on a regular basis, and in a timely fashion.

on a side note, depending on where the central location for this machine would be, i could get someone from the pc set up with this technology and use my corporate discount. reconditioned machine + non-profit/employee pricing = problem solved. scott, if it's something you are seriously considering, pm me and let me know.

either way, we have about 10-12 high speed multifunction machines hooked up to print/scan/copy/fax at any given minute, so as i said i'd be more than happy to put these into compressed pdfs.

i may also be able to get a form created for decklists from Microsoft Word, Excel, or even Adobe where you fill in the blanks with card titles. judging from previous postings, the legibility of the decklists is a major concern, and if people would be willing to try and take 10 minutes before going to sleep the night before/morning of the tournament, maybe this could solve it.

i know i'm echoing most of the people in this forum when i say, i'm ready and willing to help. just let me know.

Advocate
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

johnmichael wrote:i think it's awesome that so many people are willing to help and use the equipment they have in their offices to do this.

this sort of thing is actually my field of work, as im an office consultant, and my office demos and sells this equipment. i spend most of my time analyzing networks to lower their costs, and scanning large documents, compressing them, and emailing them out to different places is something i do just about everyday.

if given copies of the lists, i would gladly scan them in on a regular basis, and in a timely fashion.

on a side note, depending on where the central location for this machine would be, i could get someone from the pc set up with this technology and use my corporate discount. reconditioned machine + non-profit/employee pricing = problem solved. scott, if it's something you are seriously considering, pm me and let me know.

either way, we have about 10-12 high speed multifunction machines hooked up to print/scan/copy/fax at any given minute, so as i said i'd be more than happy to put these into compressed pdfs.

i may also be able to get a form created for decklists from Microsoft Word, Excel, or even Adobe where you fill in the blanks with card titles. judging from previous postings, the legibility of the decklists is a major concern, and if people would be willing to try and take 10 minutes before going to sleep the night before/morning of the tournament, maybe this could solve it.

i know i'm echoing most of the people in this forum when i say, i'm ready and willing to help. just let me know.
how does the decklist thing work? like you prepopulate it by typing in card titles and it would automatically scrool through titles that match what you type?

johnmichael

Post by johnmichael »

CRingwell wrote:
johnmichael wrote:i may also be able to get a form created for decklists from Microsoft Word, Excel, or even Adobe where you fill in the blanks with card titles. judging from previous postings, the legibility of the decklists is a major concern, and if people would be willing to try and take 10 minutes before going to sleep the night before/morning of the tournament, maybe this could solve it.
how does the decklist thing work? like you prepopulate it by typing in card titles and it would automatically scroll through titles that match what you type?
what you suggest would be even better than what i was thinking, and to do that you'd have to have some sort of database to pull from (access or even an advanced excel sheet could probably do it). i'll take that idea a step further and see what i can come up with. it shouldnt be too hard to make.

i was originally just thinking a word or adobe version of the decklist page that has text boxes above the lines where players would typically write in card titles. it would take the time needed to type one up and cut it down a bit, while still keeping the actual decklist page as the backdrop.

i think it will all come down to how much time we can save people, because that will ultimately determine whether they will actually change and start to type them up. even if most of the deck is typed with a few crossouts on the day of the event, thats still a huge step in the right direction, as most of it will be legible.

Pistone84

Post by Pistone84 »

CRingwell wrote:guys, lets drop the POR thing.

Why on earth would you ever ask for this? Talk about the no-fun league.

Shadow 13

Post by Shadow 13 »

yeah fun sponge.

er fun police.

maybe it's because tyson is now a normal member of the community?
ryan french

Schele
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Schele »

The Monnok debacle is still in play though, so fun is still to be had.

Aglets
Rules Advocate

Post by Aglets »

Decklists have been received! :)

I hope to start getting them up today......so stay tuned.
If everything goes according to plan they will all be up by Thanksgiving.
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Aglets wrote:Decklists have been received! :)

you = win. thanks!

Shadow 13

Post by Shadow 13 »

thanks for all your hard work on this, aglets. good job.
ryan french

Bane Slader

Post by Bane Slader »

Super Awesome Sir!!!
Driven up and down in circles
Skidding down a road of black ice
Staring in and out storm windows
Driven to a fool's paradise

From the song "Driven" by Rush

XjedeyeX
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by XjedeyeX »

there is no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness...

:bh:

band_member
DS Region: Bespin
DS Region: Bespin

Post by band_member »

Schele wrote:The Monnok debacle is still in play though, so fun is still to be had.
what he said is worthless
Last edited by band_member on November 26th, 2008, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Our game's card designer said "...something as inconsequential as the World Championships for a very dorky hobby."
-Loves eggs.

Shewski
Retired Advocate

Post by Shewski »

Mike Raveling:

Your decklists are always awesome to behold. Were you trying to spell something?? all I got was "kill alioth" and "sue elle i love you"

Why did you run 61 cards? Did I miss something like a blank line elsewhere?

Scott Lingrell's deck is awesome as well, though presented in a normal fashion.
Mike Tomashewski

Advocate
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

Shewski wrote:Mike Raveling:

Your decklists are always awesome to behold. Were you trying to spell something?? all I got was "kill alioth" and "sue elle i love you"

Why did you run 61 cards? Did I miss something like a blank line elsewhere?

Scott Lingrell's deck is awesome as well, though presented in a normal fashion.
Kashyyyk start? tech. Thank god I didn't play against Wookiees.

Ninth
Anthology
Anthology

Post by Ninth »

Where are they posted? I can't seem to find them anywhere...

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Return to “2008 World Championships”