Page 2 of 3

Re: can we plz add an 18th player?

Posted: July 12th, 2009, 3:33 pm
by Farmer Bob
Tyson wrote:wait when was the last day to pay??? i said i was in in the original thread and last time i checked we were waiting to find out the cost per player?
The last day to pay and send decklists have been listed in numerous places actually (here in this forum, the original thread, etc.).

The cost is 2.73$.

Final payment and decklists are due no later than midnight June 13th.

Re: can we plz add an 18th player?

Posted: July 12th, 2009, 3:34 pm
by Farmer Bob
_maul wrote:
3MW0J8 wrote:
Farmer Bob wrote:But to show that I'm not being a vengeful TD (after Reid's attempt to disrupt, sidetrack, destroy this tournament) or even an unfair TD - if you the players of the tournament want to allow one or both of them; then so be it.

this is a false, libelous accusation
Some things just never will change on these forums I guess ;)
Yup; Reid'll continue to troll me and lie about it all.

Re: can we plz add an 18th player?

Posted: July 12th, 2009, 4:00 pm
by quesosauce37
Farmer Bob wrote:
Tyson wrote:wait when was the last day to pay??? i said i was in in the original thread and last time i checked we were waiting to find out the cost per player?
The last day to pay and send decklists have been listed in numerous places actually (here in this forum, the original thread, etc.).

The cost is 2.73$.

Final payment and decklists are due no later than midnight June 13th.
July 13

Re: can we plz add an 18th player?

Posted: July 12th, 2009, 4:29 pm
by Farmer Bob
Heh, yes, thank you. JULY 13th not June 13th.

Re: can we plz add an 18th player?

Posted: July 12th, 2009, 4:32 pm
by DDM
Farmer Bob wrote:Heh, yes, thank you. JULY 13th not June 13th.
Time should be EST, right ?
So I have still some 6 hours to do everything.
Because now, it's like 22.30 pm in Italy, so I'd be a little more in a hurry (and I just came back home, haven't had dinner yet). :mrgreen:

Re: can we plz add an 18th player?

Posted: July 12th, 2009, 4:38 pm
by kryptofis
Don't worry. It's 12th today :D

Re: can we plz add an 18th player?

Posted: July 12th, 2009, 5:27 pm
by Darren Pilbeam
A deadline is a deadline for a reason. I apologise for being the last one in (some 12 hours or so before the deadline) and making it an odd number but someone will inevitably drop out (as is always the case) after a couple of games.

Re: can we plz add an 18th player?

Posted: July 12th, 2009, 10:03 pm
by Farmer Bob
Darren Pilbeam wrote:A deadline is a deadline for a reason. I apologise for being the last one in (some 12 hours or so before the deadline) and making it an odd number but someone will inevitably drop out (as is always the case) after a couple of games.
Don't worry and don't allow Brad/Reid to make you feel odd-man out; their asking to be let in was to make a point/mockery; nothing more.

Re: can we plz add an 18th player?

Posted: July 13th, 2009, 12:59 am
by 3MW0J8
uhh

stop spreading lies and false accusations

idk why you're acting this way

oh wait yeh i do, cuz you're rypcord

Re: can we plz add an 18th player?

Posted: July 13th, 2009, 1:29 am
by Farmer Bob
Ok, seriously Reid, we get it, we all do. You hate me. Terrific. You can't let something drop that happened in what was it.... 2000? And its now 2009.

Terrific. Way to hold a grudge; seriously, who cares? I got over it a long time ago. I got over you walking by me or walking over to my table while I would be playing in tournaments and you flicking me off or threatening to hit me, or going behind my back and saying *.

Great, we all get it, you hate me.

Do you feel better? Do you feel like a big guy? Hey, here's something; why not try and destroy a tournament that could be fun for a group of players?

Go for it Reid. If your hatred of me is so much that you want to destroy a tournament for fun for 16 players. Go * for it. Seriously. I got over * that happened in 2000... in oh say..... 2000. If you care that much about it and want to pout like a little spoiled girl who didn't get her candy; and you cannot even grow up - then go for it; you can be the one to destroy 16 other people's fun to prove your point to ONE person; the TD.

Congrats Reid. You are clearly the bigger man here.

Re: can we plz add an 18th player?

Posted: July 13th, 2009, 3:29 am
by 3MW0J8
for the 99th time, plz stop lying and making things up about me

1. i don't hate you
2. it's as recent as last year that your online behavior ranks you second only to king dinelle in the swccg internet douchebag rankings
3. i don't hold grudges
4. i never threatened to hit you
5. i never went behind your back and said *
6. i'm not trying to destroy this tournament, i'm trying to PLAY in it

Re: can we plz add an 18th player?

Posted: July 13th, 2009, 3:42 am
by Hunter
3MW0J8 wrote: 6. i'm not trying to destroy this tournament, i'm trying to PLAY in it
Semantics. ;)

Re: can we plz add an 18th player?

Posted: July 13th, 2009, 8:42 am
by Farmer Bob
Post subject: Re: Online V-Card Intent to Play Tournament
Post 3MW0J8: Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:23 pm

Abandon hope, all ye who send Ben Kline your home addresses, deck lists, and Paypal monies.
And seriously Reid; I'm not going to even bother 1) with this argument, 2) with your denials, I was at GenCon those years, I was with Drew and Rory, I was standing there when you walked by and would say *, its of no consequence to me how you want to try and spin it; you can do whatever you want.

This argument is done.

Re: can we plz add an 18th player?

Posted: July 13th, 2009, 8:58 am
by JarJarDrinks
Uh, I'm pretty sure Brad and Reid actually want to play in this. I mean, they've played in every other online event this year. Why wouldn't they want to play in the first one to have a decent prize?

Re: can we plz add an 18th player?

Posted: July 13th, 2009, 9:16 am
by Farmer Bob
My only reasoning to think they don't is:

1) both had awareness of the deadline
2) Reid even posted on the first page of the original thread, so he knew far in advance of when the deadline would be
3) Only an hour or so after the registration deadline did Brad post expressing interest
4) Reid only recently posted interest

If you - the players want them to play; so be it. I'm out of the argument; thats up to you as players.

The deadline for payments and decklists is Midnight EST tonight. So you - as a group - need to make that decision by then.

Re: can we plz add an 18th player?

Posted: July 13th, 2009, 9:36 am
by DDM
A little late, I guess, then, to make guesses and so on.
There'll be other tournaments, and while I'd have liked to play vs. Brad and Reid, there'll surely be some other occasions.
It would also make the payment more complicated.

Note for future tournaments: put a fixed price, like 4$, and no need to change it. The surplus can go to the PC as a symbolic donation, I don't think people would whine about it either. ;-)

Re: can we plz add an 18th player?

Posted: July 13th, 2009, 9:45 am
by JarJarDrinks
DDM wrote:It would also make the payment more complicated.
Actually it would simplify it, since there were 2 drops. Otherwise, we'd all have to make another payment of a few cents each. I do agree with you that next time it should just be a fixed amount with the remainder going to the PC.

Re: can we plz add an 18th player?

Posted: July 13th, 2009, 2:08 pm
by 3MW0J8
Farmer Bob wrote:
Post subject: Re: Online V-Card Intent to Play Tournament
Post 3MW0J8: Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:23 pm

Abandon hope, all ye who send Ben Kline your home addresses, deck lists, and Paypal monies.
And seriously Reid; I'm not going to even bother 1) with this argument, 2) with your denials, I was at GenCon those years, I was with Drew and Rory, I was standing there when you walked by and would say *, its of no consequence to me how you want to try and spin it; you can do whatever you want.

This argument is done.

Right ... that post was made tongue-in-cheek ... in the INTENT TO PLAY thread. You promptly overreacted and proceeded to attempt to vilify and exclude me.

Face it, Ben. Your reputation as an internet troll will precede you in this community forever. Your very name is synonymous with trolling. (Which is likely why you do not even use your real name in attachment to this tournament. Every player's real name is known, but anyone who might not know who you are has no way to know the TD's real name, because you have not posted it.) Anybody who is unfamiliar with your exploits can simply search for "Rypcord" on the Decktech buzz boards and find that you are one of the very few people ever whose trolling got SO bad that they were banned from the most liberal, tolerant, mostly unmoderated SWCCG discussion forum of all time.

Now you can either embrace your reputation, and humbly accept the jibing (as Tyson does with Post Office jokes, as I often do with Hunter minion jokes), or you can continue to act belligerently and allow YOUR past behavior to negatively impact the present.


And yes, those years at GenCon or wherever I DID come up to you and talk smack. To your face. Not behind your back as you accused me of in the post I quoted. Not on the internet as you had become so famous for doing. I did it in real words, in real life, to show the difference between you and me. To show that what I've typed on the internet, I would also say in person. And what did you do in real life? NOTHING. Classic internet tough guy.

Re: can we plz add an 18th player?

Posted: July 13th, 2009, 2:19 pm
by Farmer Bob
As I said; I'm done with the argument Reid.


And for any who care; yes, my name is Ben Kline.

I don't believe I've once hidden that or never said who I was.

Re: can we plz add an 18th player?

Posted: July 13th, 2009, 3:16 pm
by spideyguy0
JarJarDrinks wrote:
DDM wrote:It would also make the payment more complicated.
Actually it would simplify it, since there were 2 drops. Otherwise, we'd all have to make another payment of a few cents each. I do agree with you that next time it should just be a fixed amount with the remainder going to the PC.
Who was the 2nd drop?