First Round Pairings

Darren Pilbeam

Re: First Round Pairings

Post by Darren Pilbeam »

JarJarDrinks wrote:I'm pretty sure when a saved game is resumed, it comes up with a blank log. Also just the game password wouldn't be enough to get in. You'd need the login name/account password also, which I doubt people would want to give up.
It does come up again, but only the player who loaded the saved file can actually see it (all in a yellow font). But yeah, you do need both passwords and login details.

Three time UK Champion - 2009, 2010, and 2013

Online League Chairman (emeritus) / UK Flight Leader

Recipient of the Lifetime Acheivement Award (sic) for service to the SWCCG Online Community

Farmer Bob
DS Region: Coruscant

Post by Farmer Bob »

Darren Pilbeam wrote:
Farmer Bob wrote:Anyway; this is really only in the need of someone calling cheating.

So in principle, everyone should be saving their game files and remembering the password they attached to it.

If someone calls somebody out on cheating; then you can send me the game file/log and the password and I'll act all judicial.
Unfortunately the log doesn't always record every card movement - particularly if they move stuff manually rather than using the hotkeys to retrieve or lose from reserve, etc. and that tends to be where arguements arise in games online.
Depending. If you flip the top card of your reserve and flip back; it lists it in the log.

Farmer Bob

Post by Farmer Bob »

Darren Pilbeam wrote:
JarJarDrinks wrote:I'm pretty sure when a saved game is resumed, it comes up with a blank log. Also just the game password wouldn't be enough to get in. You'd need the login name/account password also, which I doubt people would want to give up.
It does come up again, but only the player who loaded the saved file can actually see it (all in a yellow font). But yeah, you do need both passwords and login details.
Sure of that?

Darren Pilbeam

Post by Darren Pilbeam »

Farmer Bob wrote:
Darren Pilbeam wrote:
Farmer Bob wrote:Anyway; this is really only in the need of someone calling cheating.

So in principle, everyone should be saving their game files and remembering the password they attached to it.

If someone calls somebody out on cheating; then you can send me the game file/log and the password and I'll act all judicial.
Unfortunately the log doesn't always record every card movement - particularly if they move stuff manually rather than using the hotkeys to retrieve or lose from reserve, etc. and that tends to be where arguements arise in games online.
Depending. If you flip the top card of your reserve and flip back; it lists it in the log.
It lists it in yours but not your opponent's. Quite a few things like that only show up in your own log.

Recipient of the Lifetime Acheivement Award (sic) for service to the SWCCG Online Community

Farmer Bob

Post by Farmer Bob »

Hmmm.... didn't know that.

Farmer Bob

Post by Farmer Bob »

Then I guess asking for the logs is pretty pointless - even if someone is suspected of cheating.

Darren Pilbeam

Post by Darren Pilbeam »

Farmer Bob wrote:
Darren Pilbeam wrote:
Sure of that?
Well every time I load a previously saved game I can see what we were talking about before (usually 5 mins of me going "are you there?" because they've been disconnected or just wandered off), but when it's me who's been cut off and someone else loads the game my log is blank.

And 100% on needing both passwords - it's to stop you saving a game then going in and manipulating it.

Farmer Bob

Post by Farmer Bob »

Ok, then nix the need for game logs.

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

huzzah, i foresaw that as being a big nightmare
Jerry H

Image Image

Darren Pilbeam

Post by Darren Pilbeam »

As long as both players make an effort to do things properly it's not usually a problem. I've been playing on holotable for nearly 3 years now and there haven't been too many guys who've done it on purpose - although admittedly I played a guy yesterday who was cheating so blatantly it was ridiculous (drawing destiny, flipping it back over and not moving it then claiming he had done even though his used pile wasn't any bigger so he could draw it again next time or use 3PO to get it into hand if it was a card he wanted, and somehow managing to use 15 force in a turn when had only activated 12). Then he had a go at me for taking it too seriously and trying to rules-lawyer him.

Anyway, in the event that any of that kind of stuff happens, ctrl-z enough times fixes it and resolves any arguements (assuming both players follow the same sequence of actions). If the alledgedly offending player objects to that then he's probably guilty.

Darren Pilbeam

Post by Darren Pilbeam »

If there really is a problem (and it's unlikely considering the players involved) then the game log can be copied and pasted before quitting out of the game.

quesosauce37
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

shewski and i are playing tonite, and i cant wait to win this tourney and get my first ever v-card

it'll be awesome whatever it ends up being

hopefully i get to make the card i really want
Jerry H

Image Image

Farmer Bob

Post by Farmer Bob »

quesosauce37 wrote:shewski and i are playing tonite, and i cant wait to win this tourney and get my first ever v-card

it'll be awesome whatever it ends up being

hopefully i get to make the card i really want
Good luck on that ;)

DDM

Post by DDM »

Darren Pilbeam wrote:
Farmer Bob wrote:
It lists it in yours but not your opponent's. Quite a few things like that only show up in your own log.
Do not agree.
I had witnessed a similar case, where my opponent flipped very quickly a card up and down from his reserve, and by luck I saw it, and there it was, in my log too, written clearly.
I guess people just have to play honestly to have fun, and be careful.
I mean, sometimes I think I'm writing in the chat box, while really I'm not, so weird pulls/things happen. But then, like Darren says, all I need is press CTRL+Z, and sometimes "shuffling" too to make things right. And usually, when you mess up without knowing, you notice (because, really, you wanted to do something, but something ELSE), so you are the first one to apologize about it and make up for it.

Anyway, I guess logs can be saved. Hopefully no case of cheating will occur, and if it does, maybe, hopefully, it will show in the log, resolving things.
No need to send the log if there isn't any problem with the game. :-)
SirYoda wrote:I suggest we ban all creatures.
Or better yet, just ban DDM from playing creatures.

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

Haven't heard from my opponent.
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

Darren Pilbeam

Post by Darren Pilbeam »

Meto wrote:Haven't heard from my opponent.
Have you tried sending him a pm?

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

Yes.
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

Farmer Bob

Post by Farmer Bob »

Try sending a couple PMs, try contacting him if he has an AIM/ICQ/whatever.

If you don't hear from him by the last day of the week for the round; its a forfeiture on his end.

Farmer Bob

Post by Farmer Bob »

Your game is just one of three left that still need played. You have until Tuesday Midnight EST to play it; so you have 4 days (basically) left to play.

DDM

Post by DDM »

me and Jar Jar will be playing this evening.
SirYoda wrote:I suggest we ban all creatures.
Or better yet, just ban DDM from playing creatures.

Return to “July Online Event”