Hanotsri's Dreamcards (Primarily Clone Wars)

hanotsri

Hanotsri's Dreamcards (Primarily Clone Wars)

Post by hanotsri »

Most of my dream cards will be centered around my favorite Star Wars theme: The Clone Wars.

• General Ima-Gun Di - Destiny 1
Lore: Kajain'sa'Nikto leader.
CHARACTER - Republic
Power 5 Ability 7
[Warrior] [Clone Army]
Deploys -1 to same location as a clone or a Twi'lek (or vice versa). Power and Forfeit +1 if a clone or a Twi'lek are present (+2 if both are present). Once per game, may download an [Episode I] lightsaber. Immune to attrition < 5 (< 4 if a clone is present).
Deploy 5 Forfeit 5
[Episode I]

• Captain Keeli - Destiny 2
Lore: Leader. Clone trooper.
CHARACTER - Republic
Power 3 Ability 3 Armor 4
[Warrior] [EPP] [Clone Army]
Deploys -1 to same location as Ima-Gun Di or a Twi'lek. Permanent weapon is • Twin Blasters (may target a character for free; draw two destiny; target hit and forfeit -3 if total destiny -2 (-1 if Ima-Gun Di or a Twi'lek are present, -0 if both) > defense value.
Deploy 4 Forfeit 4
[Episode I]

Let me know your thoughts.

For reference: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ima-Gun_Di and https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Keeli
Last edited by hanotsri on August 4th, 2020, 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Re: Hanotsri's Dreamcards (Primarily Clone Wars)

Post by Shadow 13 »

"alone with" implies you are targeting opponent's characters. your character can never be "alone with" your other character, by definition.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

Thanks. I looked on other cards to try and get the terminology right, but I couldn't get an exact fit. Cody was the closest with Rex, but doesn't imply being alone with Rex. How would I say what I am trying to say?

The idea is to reflect the way he went out in TCW with just him and Captain Keeli defending Ryloth until the Republic supplies arrived. Give him the bump when it's just he and a single clone OR Twi'lek battling at a site. The +2 when both are present is to represent his overall goal to defend Ryloth and his men (regardless of how many others are at the site).

Shadow 13

Post by Shadow 13 »

If you want the only characters there to be clones or whatever, then just say it that way.

Power and Forfeit +1 if your only characters present are clones or Twi'leks (or +2 if both are present).

that's pretty restrictive tho
ryan french

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

Fixed the previous cards based on suggestions. Please continue providing suggestions for my previous cards or future cards.

Here are the next cards. After these, I'll look at some dark side Clone Wars cards.

• General Skywalker - Destiny 1
Lore: Leader.
CHARACTER - Republic
Power 6 Ability 6
[Warrior] [Pilot] [Clone Army]
Adds 3 to the power of anything he pilots. When with a [Republic] character or Obi-Wan, adds one battle destiny. Attrition cumulatively +1 (limit +3) for each [Republic] character present. Once per game, may download Anakin's Lightsaber. Immune to Strike Planning and attrition < 6.
Deploy 6 Forfeit 9
[Episode I]

• Admiral Wullf Yularen - Destiny 2
Lore: Leader.
CHARACTER - Republic
Power 3 Ability 3
[Pilot] [Clone Army]
Adds 2 to the power of anything he pilots. Unless alone, may place Yularen in Used Pile to cancel a starship's immunity to attrition for remainder of turn. While at opponent's system, your starships deploy -1 here.
Deploy 4 Forfeit 5
[Episode I]

Resolute - Destiny 1
Lore:
CAPITAL - Venator-class Star Destroyer
Power 8 Armor 6 Hyperspeed 4
[Republic] [Clone Army] [Pilot] [Astromech]
May add 6 pilots, 8 passengers, 2 vehicles and 4 [Episode I] starfighters. Permanent pilot provides ability of 2. Clones are power + 1 and opponent's Force drains are -1 at related sites. When deployed, may download Anakin or Yularen aboard (deploy -2). Immune to attrition < 5.
Deploy 7 Forfeit 9
[Episode I]

For reference: Yes, it's THAT Wullf Yulfaren. Here's information on Anakin's flagship: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Resolute
Last edited by hanotsri on August 4th, 2020, 1:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Madmanwithabox
GEMP Username: Tardis

Post by Madmanwithabox »

General skywalker is pullable by strike planning, he’s a pretty strong character to guarantee having in your hand on turn 1.
New or returning player? Click here for the information you need to know.

Beat me mercilessly on GEMP: Tardis
Say hello at an event:Darren

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

Madmanwithabox wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 11:02 am
General skywalker is pullable by strike planning, he’s a pretty strong character to guarantee having in your hand on turn 1.
Thanks for the input. I agree. "May not be targeted by Strike Planning as a General." is in order.

JakeK

Post by JakeK »

(Proofing hat) I'd just say "Immune to Strike Planning and attrition < 6" to save text space, since Strike Planning doesn't do anything else that could target him.
Even with that change and shortcutting the download text, this textbox is a million lines long.
Former Lead Proofer
My Dream Cards - Rebel Cube

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

JakeK wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 12:58 pm
(Proofing hat) I'd just say "Immune to Strike Planning and attrition < 6" to save text space, since Strike Planning doesn't do anything else that could target him.
Even with that change and shortcutting the download text, this textbox is a million lines long.
It is pretty long, but not any worse than say Commander Vanden Willard (v) ;). With the v-card shortcuts of using the [pilot] symbol, [Republic] symbol, and [download] symbol it shortens it up considerably (I proofed it on a card). Regardless, as you are correct about Strike Planning, I think that's reasonable :)

I've edited it.

My real goal was to make a General Skywalker that was a powerful Jedi, but really only fit into the Episode I arch-type as I think many would have a problem with another "everyday" Anakin. I wanted to convey his aggressiveness a little bit in the card.

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

Here's my start on some dark side cards primarily focusing on Mandalore. Game texts are works in progress, but I hope to have them there soon.

• Maul, Mand'alor - Destiny 1
Lore: Mandalorian. Gangster. Leader.
CHARACTER - Sith, Alien
Power 6 Ability 6
[Warrior] [Pilot]
Your Mandalorians and Gangsters deploy -1 here. Your Mandalorians are Power and Defense +1. Your Gangsters are Defense and Forfeit +1. Viszla is forfeit -2. May not be targeted by weapons unless each of your other aliens present are 'hit.' Immune to attrition < 5.
Deploy 7 Forfeit 9
[Episode I]

• Pre Viszla - Destiny 2
Lore: Mandalorian. Leader.
CHARACTER - Alien
Power 4 Ability 3 Armor 4
[Warrior]
Adds one battle destiny with your Mandalorian. During battle, Viszla's weapon destiny draws are +1 if armed with Darksaber. May 'fly' (Landspeed = 2). Immune to attrition < 4 (immunity lost if with Maul).
Deploy 5 Forfeit 4
[Episode I]

Death Watch Mandalorian - Destiny 3
Lore:
CHARACTER - Alien
Power 3 Ability 2 Armor 3
[Warrior]
Deploys -1 to same site as Viszla. Your other Mandalorians are each forfeit +1. May 'fly' (Landspeed = 2).
Deploy 3 Forfeit 3
[Episode I]

• Darksaber - Destiny 1
Lore:
CHARACTER WEAPON
Deploy on your Mandalorian Leader or Moff Gideon; they are power +1. May add 1 to Force drain where present. May target a character or creature for free. Draw two destiny, subtract 1 if targeting a Jedi. Target hit, and its forfeit = 0, if total destiny > defense value.
[Episode I]

If you have any ideas, let me know!
Last edited by hanotsri on August 9th, 2020, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

First pass at a Mandalorian / Crimson Dawn Maul, Mandalorians, and the Darksaber. Still needs a lot of work.

Shadow 13

Post by Shadow 13 »

i would like to see the darksaber deploy on any mandalorian, so that if LS steals it they can put it on sabine =)

vizla getting +2 to each weapon destiny is crazy, that should be +1
ryan french

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

Shadow 13 wrote:
August 9th, 2020, 4:47 pm
i would like to see the darksaber deploy on any mandalorian, so that if LS steals it they can put it on sabine =)

vizla getting +2 to each weapon destiny is crazy, that should be +1
Yeah, you're right on Viszla. I mulled that one back and forth (he was actually a bit more powerful in my earlier renditions.

As far as the Darksaber goes, I figured there would end up being a light-side version of the card at some point and considering it only belongs in the hands of Mandalorian leaders (at least on the dark side), I put it there. I'll mull that one over a bit.

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

btw...I appreciate your input!

alphabeta
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product
GEMP Username: alphabeta; GalenErso

Post by alphabeta »

I like the concept, but I feel the cards are overpowered. General Skywalker in particular!

When designing a Rebels-centered miniset (havent posted that yet), I started with the objectives. I wanted them to close the environment, so that (in my case) only non-Ep1, non-Ep7 cards would be played on table. That would ensure a thematic play with characters and vehicles that could have been in the Rebels series.

Designing thematic objectives allows you to tone down the appropriate cards to avoid being OP in a general environment, while boosting them specifically in the decks you want.

In your case, that would mean for example having all the mandalorian cards with a power and forfeit one notch below. Then the objective would say something in the likes of "for remainder of game, all your mandalorians are power and forfeit +1". OR you could design an effect immune to alter that says "If (0 or 7 side of your objective) on table, your mandalorians are power and forfeit +1".

Whether you go for building such bonuses in the objective or in an effect depends on whether you want to 1) limit the options for the 3 starting effects 2) allow these bonuses to be available in decks that do not use your objectives.

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

alphabeta wrote:
August 15th, 2020, 9:42 am
I like the concept, but I feel the cards are overpowered. General Skywalker in particular!

When designing a Rebels-centered miniset (havent posted that yet), I started with the objectives. I wanted them to close the environment, so that (in my case) only non-Ep1, non-Ep7 cards would be played on table. That would ensure a thematic play with characters and vehicles that could have been in the Rebels series.

Designing thematic objectives allows you to tone down the appropriate cards to avoid being OP in a general environment, while boosting them specifically in the decks you want.

In your case, that would mean for example having all the mandalorian cards with a power and forfeit one notch below. Then the objective would say something in the likes of "for remainder of game, all your mandalorians are power and forfeit +1". OR you could design an effect immune to alter that says "If (0 or 7 side of your objective) on table, your mandalorians are power and forfeit +1".

Whether you go for building such bonuses in the objective or in an effect depends on whether you want to 1) limit the options for the 3 starting effects 2) allow these bonuses to be available in decks that do not use your objectives.
Hi there,

I appreciate the input. Lots of great information here. I will focus on an objective to see if I can neuter the cards a little bit.

JakeK

Post by JakeK »

alphabeta wrote:
August 15th, 2020, 9:42 am

I like this advice a lot.
Former Lead Proofer
My Dream Cards - Rebel Cube

Return to “Dream Cards”