3%
qasur
7%

Total votes: 29

Shewski
Retired Advocate

Re: March Dreamcard of the Month Contest

Post by Shewski »

GunganStyle wrote:Regarding design guidelines - I have a file where we enter the text into to check that the length is OK. However, it doesn't seem to work right (testtext-2.docx). For instance, I try to type in the AT-TE text and I only get about 70% of the way through before I end up on the next line. Font is Verdana size 9. Can some one please link me to the right file?

Thanks!
the best font/size to use Arial Narrow, 10pt

Mike Tomashewski

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

stevetotheizz0 wrote:
JediJer wrote:Player card design guidelines or just design guidelines?
(ie can we submit mains/objectives/missions/etc.?)

Let's go with player card design guidelines.

No mains, combo cards, or missions, etc.
You say here no mains, but the OP says:
These cards can either be a main and a ship, or an effect, or an interrupt. They should be the type of cards that allow EP1 only to hold their own when compared to Home One, Slave One or the Falcon for example.
I assume the no mains rule applies?
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

Yeah I changed my mind slightly. None of the typical mains from the "no virtualizing" list.

(However we've seen plenty of player creators find great characters not on that list.)

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

Just a reminder the deadline is tomorrow. I will post everything Thursday morning.

Edit:

Looks like I have submissions from everyone except the following:

sydney_bristow
qasur
TB

I'll post as soon and I get the rest, or Thursday. Whichever comes first.

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

----------------------------------------------------------------

JediJer

Republic Shipyards (4)
Lore: blank

EFFECT

Text:
Deploy on table. X-wing Laser Cannons may deploy on [Republic] starfighters and when firing may use 2 Force to make X = 3. Once per turn may use 1 Force to place a just lost [Republic] starfighter out of play to satisfy all remaining attrition against you. [A]

Trade Federation Cruiser (2)

CAPITAL: PROVIDENCE-CLASS DESTROYER
Power: 6 Armor: 6 Hyperspeed: 4
Deploy: 7 Forfeit: 7
[Separatist][Trade Federation][Pilot][Astromech][Presence]

Text:
May add 6 pilots and 4 starfighters. Adds a battle destiny if with another [Trade Federation] Cruiser. Once per turn, may \/ a [Separatist] or [Trade Federation] starfighter here. Immune to attrition < 4.

voxaroth

*Procurer -3

CAPITAL: TRADE FEDERATION BATTLESHIP
POWER 7, ARMOR 7, HYPERSPEED 3
DEPLOY 7, FORFEIT 7
Icons: Separatist, Trade Federation, Nav Computer, Permanent Pilot, Episode I.

Text:
May add 4 pilots, 4 passengers, and 6 droid
starfighters. Permanent pilot provides ability of 3.
During battle here, for each droid starfighter present,
opponent's total battle destiny is -1 (limit -3).

*Captain Mar Tuuk -1

Neimoidian Leader. Republic. Trade Federation.
POWER 2, ABILITY 4, FORCE-SENSITIVE
DEPLOY 3, FORFEIT 6
Icons: Separatist, Pilot, Warrior, Episode I.

Text:
P3. Once per turn, while piloting a battleship, may
\/ (or deploy from lost pile) a droid starfighter
aboard. While piloting Procurer, it is immune to
attrition <7 and draws 2 battle destiny if unable to
otherwise.

Halfwingseen

*A Sudden Blockade [Fighters Straight Ahead v] (4)
Lore: unchanged

LOST INTERRUPT

Text:
At the beginning of your deploy phase, lose two force to \/ a system and a [TF] capital there with two droid starfighters aboard for 0 force. Place force pile in used pile. OR place all droid starfighters at a system in used pile.

There's no way to make a well designed card that brings Trade fed space into relevance when it comes to battling. But there is a way to play into the cards strengths: they are forgettable useless garbage in combat, but they can still force drain. A Sudden Blockade allows a player to quickly set up a system at the cost of the rest of your deploy phase. this is far more useful early than it is in the middle of the game, and its practically useless late as it requires you to pull 4 cards from your reserve deck or fail.

The second half of the card is made for those situations where you are trying to drain an opponent out with your space deck but you can't keep up with all the bonuses that you can get on the ground. so you need to have your ships pull double duty, as life force and as force draining cards. It can also be used to spread out and drain in the mid game as a sense vulnerable form of evasion.

I wanted to make an interrupt as it seemed the most challenging to pull off in a single card and i'm happy with what i cam up with, though I wish I didn't have to full template the card to get a decent picture

stevetotheizz0

Activate the Droids (4) v

Effect

Text:
Deploy on table. If your <> Droid Control Ship occupies a system, once per turn, a battle droid at a related exterior site (or a droid starfighter at same system) may add one battle destiny. (If target is non-unique, may also add one destiny to total power only). Immune to Alter

?There They Are! (5) v

Used Interrupt

Text: Take a non-unique droid starfighter, battle droid, or Battleship into hand from Reserve Deck; reshuffle. OR during battle your participating droid starfighters are power +1 and forfeit +2 until end of turn. OR Add 1 to you just drawn weapon destiny.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

GunganStyle

Admiral Wullf Yularen (1)

Republic Character
Power 2 Ability 3
Deploy 3 Forfeit 6
IconsL Ep 1, Pilot, Warrior

Text:
P3. Lost if your Rebel or Rebel starship on table. While at a site, may be replaced by opponent’s Wullf. Once per game, may \/ a [R] capital starship to same or related system. While piloting a [R] capital starship, adds one battle destiny.

Resolute (2)

Venator-class Star Destroyer
Icons: Ep 1, Two pilot icons, Astromech, Republic
Power 6 Armor 5 Hyperspeed 4
Deploy 6 Forfeit 7

Text:
May add 4 pilots, 4 passengers and 4 vehicles. Permanent pilots provide total ability of 4. Once per game, if just ‘hit’, may lose a character from hand to restore to normal. Immune to attrition < 8.

***Vulture-Class Droid Starfighter (3) (V)

Droid Starfighter

Power 3 Armor 3 Landspeed 1
Deploy 3 Forfeit 3
Icons: Droid Army, Pilot, Presence Droid, Ep 1, Permanent Weapon, Set X.X

Text:
Draws one battle destiny if unable to otherwise. At a site, treat as a piloted vehicle. Permanent weapon is Twin Lasers: May target a character or starship for free. Draw destiny. Target hit if destiny > defense value.

quickdraw3457

Venator-class Star Destroyer (1)

Lore: Blank
Power 8 Armor 6 Hyperspeed 3

Text:
May add 6 pilots, 4 passengers, 3 vehicles, and 2 starfighters. Deploys -2 when deploying with a clone pilot. Permanent pilot provides ability of 2. Non-unique [Republic] starfighters are power +1 here.
Deploy 8 Forfeit 9
[Clone Army] [Republic] [Pilot] [Nav Computer]

*Allanteen Six Shipyards

EFFECT

Text:
Deploy on table. You may reveal a Clone pilot from hand to /\ a [Republic] Star Destroyer (or vice versa) and deploy both simultaneously. Jedi aboard [Republic] capital starships are admirals and generals, and cumulatively add 1 to that starship's power. (Immune to Alter)

The destroyer is a mix of Imp class star destroyer and Dreadnaught to give republic space some potency. Allanteen Six Shipyards was a small branch of Kuat Drive Yards, but for uniqueness purposes I didn't want to name it the same as a DS card. It gives Jedi both admiral and general for gameplay purposes -- admiral so you can use rebel leadership and Capital support, general to be more accurate with regards to the show.

sac89837

•Poggle the Lesser(3) (Bok Askol)

Power: 1 Ability: 3
Deploy: 2 Forfeit: 3
Icons: [Setup]

May only deploy to Separatist Council Room and
may not move. Jar Jar may not deploy here and
opponent’s non-[A] effects are suspended. While in
a senate majority, your starships are deploy -1
and forfeit +1.

•Invisible Hand (1)

Power: 8 Armor: 7 Hyperspeed: 3
Deploy: 9 Forfeit: 10
Icons: [Pilot] [Nav Computer] [Scomp Link] [Separatist]

Text:
May add unlimited pilots, passengers, vehicles and
Grievous deploys -4 aboard. While Grievous aboard,
immune to attrition <10 and adds one battle destiny.

Cam Solusar

*Stellar Envoy (2)

Light Starship - Starfighter: Modified Light Freighter

Lore: Millenium Falcon.
Power: 3 Maneuver: 4 Hyperspeed: 6
Deploy: 3 Forfeit: 7
Icons: Nav Computer, Scomp Link, Republic

Text:
May add 2 pilots and 2 passengers. Immune to attrition < 5 if Jadak or Duurman piloting. At same system as opponent's [Independant] starship, adds one destiny to attrition only.

*Tobb Jadak (3)

Light Character - Republic

Lore: Thief.
Power: 1 Ability: 2
Icons: Pilot, Episode I

Text:
[P] 2, 3: Stellar Envoy. While piloting Stellar Envoy, it moves for free and he draws one battle destiny if unable to otherwise. If Jadak about to leave table, may use 1 force to place him in Used Pile instead.

dorshe1

•Take This! (v)
Lore: “And This!”

Used Interrupt

Text:
If your [Republic] starship in battle use 3 Force and choose one: Reset all immunity to attrition for opponent to 0 or add X to your total battle destiny (X= Opponent’s first battle destiny).
[Episode 1]

*Trade Federation Tactics (v)
Lore: Organizations as wealthy as the Trade Federation can afford large amounts of military hardware, all purchased under the guise of protecting their commercial interests.

Used Interrupt

Text:
If your [Separatist] starship in battle use 3 Force and choose one: Reset all immunity to attrition for opponent to 0 or add X to your total battle destiny (X= Opponent’s first battle destiny).
[Episode 1]

Thanks!

Sydney_Bristow

*Siri Tachi (1) (Double Agent)

Lore: Female
Power: 4 Ability: 7 Jedi Master
Deploy: 4 Forfeit: 6
Icons: Warrior, Pilot, Episode I, Clone Army

Text:
P:2. Deploys -2 aboard Delta Flyer. While piloting the Delta Flyer, may battle and force drain regardless of objective restrictions and during battle at same EP1 system, may add or subtract 2 from a just drawn destiny.

*Delta Flyer (1) (Green Squadron 1)
Lore: Empty

Light Starship - Starfighter: Jedi Interceptor
Icons: Nav Computer, Clone Army, Scomp Link, Episode 1, Republic

Text:
May add 1 pilot. While Siri Tachi piloting at a EP1 battleground system, opponent may not draw more than one battle destiny here and immune to attrition <4.

Note 1 The orginal idea was to create a Obi-Wan as pilot, but due to rules changes i had to change it to another character at last minute.
Note 2: Since player creators are not allowed to use custom art, i had to choiose not really fitting pictures.

qasur

•Bravo Squadron Tactics [•We Didn't Hit It (V)] 3

EFFECT

Deploy in table. Once per game, may /\ Get To Your Ships!. Treat "Naboo" as "a battleground" on N-1 starfighters. Opponent only loses Force to It's On Automatic Pilot on your turns. (A)

•Officer Ellberger (V) 2

CHARACTER - REPUBLIC
POWER 2 ABILITY 2
Deploy 2 Forfeit 4
[Pilot][Warrior][Episode 1]

Text:
[Pilot]2. While piloting Bravo 5, may treat "battleship" as "[independent] starship" on Bravo squadron starfighters and pilots instead. Add one destiny to power if a battleship present.
Last edited by stevetotheizz0 on March 13th, 2014, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

I added my name to the poll so u can change all your votes for me now.

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Pretty cool stuff. I like the idea of restoring 'hit' on the Resolute.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

quickdraw3457 wrote:Pretty cool stuff. I like the idea of restoring 'hit' on the Resolute.

Yeah thats a cool idea. Overall lots of really great ideas across the board.

GunganStyle

Post by GunganStyle »

quickdraw3457 wrote:Pretty cool stuff. I like the idea of restoring 'hit' on the Resolute.
Thanks! I'm working my way through season 1 of The Clone Wars, so watching Anakin take a star destroyer with one bridge out (but the other one still intact) into the droid control ship was the inspiration for that. Also, I think I recall the Venators being a precursor to the victory-classes, so I tried to power them accordingly. And I hate the Laser cannon battery +AO combo... :)

There are some really great cards out here - makes me want to finish off the show now. :)
Holotable: ganoman21
Battle.net: ganoman21#1681

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

GunganStyle wrote: There are some really great cards out here - makes me want to finish off the show now. :)
Ha! Well a lot of stuff above isn't from the show directly. See steve's thread about the viewing guide before deciding to definitely go through with it all.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

sac89837

Post by sac89837 »

We must be getting better at these things, nothing sticks out as inherently broken or completely boring. Except dorshe1 there already is a TFT(V) :)
On a unicorn, riding a unicorn over a rainbow.

"Bounty Hunters don't do brunch."

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

sac89837 wrote:We must be getting better at these things, nothing sticks out as inherently broken or completely boring. Except dorshe1 there already is a TFT(V) :)
I was thinking this too. pretty amazing actually.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

Shewski
Retired Advocate

Post by Shewski »

stevetotheizz0 wrote:----------------------------------------------------------------

JediJer

Republic Shipyards (4)
Lore: blank

EFFECT

Text:
Deploy on table. X-wing Laser Cannons may deploy on [Republic] starfighters and when firing may use 2 Force to make X = 3. Once per turn may use 1 Force to place a just lost [Republic] starfighter out of play to satisfy all remaining attrition against you. [A]

Trade Federation Cruiser (2)

CAPITAL: PROVIDENCE-CLASS DESTROYER
Power: 6 Armor: 6 Hyperspeed: 4
Deploy: 7 Forfeit: 7
[Separatist][Trade Federation][Pilot][Astromech][Presence]

Text:
May add 6 pilots and 4 starfighters. Adds a battle destiny if with another [Trade Federation] Cruiser. Once per turn, may \/ a [Separatist] or [Trade Federation] starfighter here. Immune to attrition < 4.

I don't think giving immediately lost guns to an entire fleet is a good idea, but I do like the idea of giving the low forfeit N1s some extra kick w/ the attrition text

I think you somewhat missed an opportunity to make the TF ship a battleship to pick up a little synergy w/ existing TF options. That said, I think it might be too good since this pulls Fanblades or even additional Cruisers to boost your BD by a low. Where's your permanent pilot?

voxaroth

*Procurer -3

CAPITAL: TRADE FEDERATION BATTLESHIP
POWER 7, ARMOR 7, HYPERSPEED 3
DEPLOY 7, FORFEIT 7
Icons: Separatist, Trade Federation, Nav Computer, Permanent Pilot, Episode I.

Text:
May add 4 pilots, 4 passengers, and 6 droid
During battle here, for each droid starfighter present,
opponent's total battle destiny is -1 (limit -3).

*Captain Mar Tuuk -1

Neimoidian Leader. Republic. Trade Federation.
POWER 2, ABILITY 4, FORCE-SENSITIVE
DEPLOY 3, FORFEIT 6
Icons: Separatist, Pilot, Warrior, Episode I.

Text:
P3. Once per turn, while piloting a battleship, may
\/ (or deploy from lost pile) a droid starfighter
aboard. While piloting Procurer, it is immune to
attrition <7 and draws 2 battle destiny if unable to
otherwise.
The ship I think is pretty solid.

The pilot does WAY too much. Teh starfighter pull and recursion is cool. Him drawing 2 BD if unable to makes no sense whatsoever and is ridiculously powerful. Who is this numpty? in addition, it doesn't work well w/ Invasion or the battle destiny adders on other battleships. The immunity basically says it's immune to < 8, coupled with the reduction. This type of text belongs on a more prominent ship IMO

Halfwingseen

*A Sudden Blockade [Fighters Straight Ahead v] (4)
Lore: unchanged

LOST INTERRUPT

Text:
At the beginning of your deploy phase, lose two force to \/ a system and a [TF] capital there with two droid starfighters aboard for 0 force. Place force pile in used pile. OR place all droid starfighters at a system in used pile.

There's no way to make a well designed card that brings Trade fed space into relevance when it comes to battling. But there is a way to play into the cards strengths: they are forgettable useless garbage in combat, but they can still force drain. A Sudden Blockade allows a player to quickly set up a system at the cost of the rest of your deploy phase. this is far more useful early than it is in the middle of the game, and its practically useless late as it requires you to pull 4 cards from your reserve deck or fail.

The second half of the card is made for those situations where you are trying to drain an opponent out with your space deck but you can't keep up with all the bonuses that you can get on the ground. so you need to have your ships pull double duty, as life force and as force draining cards. It can also be used to spread out and drain in the mid game as a sense vulnerable form of evasion.

I wanted to make an interrupt as it seemed the most challenging to pull off in a single card and i'm happy with what i cam up with, though I wish I didn't have to full template the card to get a decent picture

I like nothing about this card, sorry. Let's say you run like 4x of these and get one early, you get out your crew to Geonosis. Threaten a drain of 2 whcih becomes 1 for most LS decks. Ick. Secondly, removing cards from the table in swccg always has restrictions on it, and yours does not. No matter the power level this sort of "evasion" is not cool since it rewards (in most cases) casual overdeployment knowing you can run away if you want to at any time. EVen after forcing them to pay to battle.

stevetotheizz0

Activate the Droids (4) v

Effect

Text:
Deploy on table. If your <> Droid Control Ship occupies a system, once per turn, a battle droid at a related exterior site (or a droid starfighter at same system) may add one battle destiny. (If target is non-unique, may also add one destiny to total power only). Immune to Alter

?There They Are! (5) v

Used Interrupt

Text: Take a non-unique droid starfighter, battle droid, or Battleship into hand from Reserve Deck; reshuffle. OR during battle your participating droid starfighters are power +1 and forfeit +2 until end of turn. OR Add 1 to you just drawn weapon destiny.
I think the effect is interesting, it doesn't synergize too well with Invasion but works for Arena/Muunilist. The issue I have is the <> DSC already adds a bd w/ a droid starfighter, so now you could get 2bd and + power??? I think a better one would have been the generic battleship.

the interrupt seems like a nice upgrade, well done.

GunganStyle

Admiral Wullf Yularen (1)

Republic Character
Power 2 Ability 3
Deploy 3 Forfeit 6
IconsL Ep 1, Pilot, Warrior

Text:
P3. Lost if your Rebel or Rebel starship on table. While at a site, may be replaced by opponent’s Wullf. Once per game, may \/ a [R] capital starship to same or related system. While piloting a [R] capital starship, adds one battle destiny.

Resolute (2)

Venator-class Star Destroyer
Icons: Ep 1, Two pilot icons, Astromech, Republic
Power 6 Armor 5 Hyperspeed 4
Deploy 6 Forfeit 7

Text:
May add 4 pilots, 4 passengers and 4 vehicles. Permanent pilots provide total ability of 4. Once per game, if just ‘hit’, may lose a character from hand to restore to normal. Immune to attrition < 8.

***Vulture-Class Droid Starfighter (3) (V)

Droid Starfighter

Power 3 Armor 3 Landspeed 1
Deploy 3 Forfeit 3
Icons: Droid Army, Pilot, Presence Droid, Ep 1, Permanent Weapon, Set X.X

Text:
Draws one battle destiny if unable to otherwise. At a site, treat as a piloted vehicle. Permanent weapon is Twin Lasers: May target a character or starship for free. Draw destiny. Target hit if destiny > defense value.

Yularen seems pretty solid, if uninspired as he is basically a Republic version of Ackbar.
I don't like giving such high immunity/ability to a non unique ship, and at only 6 Force. That's way too efficient.
I like your idea, but the PW ship stuff is very bad. It would work much better to make him get Droid Starfighter cannons since Sep Uprising recycles them. It also should have some text that lets it deploy as a vehicle, since now you will have to deploy it to a DB or in space and land.

quickdraw3457

Venator-class Star Destroyer (1)

Lore: Blank
Power 8 Armor 6 Hyperspeed 3

Text:
May add 6 pilots, 4 passengers, 3 vehicles, and 2 starfighters. Deploys -2 when deploying with a clone pilot. Permanent pilot provides ability of 2. Non-unique [Republic] starfighters are power +1 here.
Deploy 8 Forfeit 9
[Clone Army] [Republic] [Pilot] [Nav Computer]

*Allanteen Six Shipyards

EFFECT

Text:
Deploy on table. You may reveal a Clone pilot from hand to /\ a [Republic] Star Destroyer (or vice versa) and deploy both simultaneously. Jedi aboard [Republic] capital starships are admirals and generals, and cumulatively add 1 to that starship's power. (Immune to Alter)

Does this work since he already has a pilot? If so that's kind of cool. I like how you make Jedi generals aboard ships, but they don't need to be admirals IMO. That just gets confusing, especially if we make things that deploy on admirals or generals at some point. I think maybe you could jsut let Jedi make them BD+1 or something instead to reflect their "gneralness"

Watch the modifiers for Rep starships, Ambush is already a very open ended helper for them.

sac89837

•Poggle the Lesser(3) (Bok Askol)

Power: 1 Ability: 3
Icons: [Setup]

May only deploy to Separatist Council Room and
may not move. Jar Jar may not deploy here and
opponent’s non-[A] effects are suspended. While in
a senate majority, your starships are deploy -1
and forfeit +1.

•Invisible Hand (1)

Power: 8 Armor: 7 Hyperspeed: 3
Deploy: 9 Forfeit: 10
Icons: [Pilot] [Nav Computer] [Scomp Link] [Separatist]

Text:
May add unlimited pilots, passengers, vehicles and
Grievous deploys -4 aboard. While Grievous aboard,
immune to attrition <10 and adds one battle destiny.

Poggle, while a nice card for Rally, does not belong in this contest.

Invisible Hand doesn't do enough to justify putting greivous aboard. You get real big immunity and 1 BD only since he is not a pilot.

Cam Solusar

*Stellar Envoy (2)

Light Starship - Starfighter: Modified Light Freighter

Lore: Millenium Falcon.
Deploy: 3 Forfeit: 7
Icons: Nav Computer, Scomp Link, Republic

Text:
May add 2 pilots and 2 passengers. Immune to attrition < 5 if Jadak or Duurman piloting. At same system as opponent's [Independant] starship, adds one destiny to attrition only.

*Tobb Jadak (3)

Light Character - Republic

Lore: Thief.
Power: 1 Ability: 2
Icons: Pilot, Episode I

Text:
[P] 2, 3: Stellar Envoy. While piloting Stellar Envoy, it moves for free and he draws one battle destiny if unable to otherwise. If Jadak about to leave table, may use 1 force to place him in Used Pile instead.

Interesting concept. as a persona and as a ship type you have some built in cards that can work with it. It also really puts a ding into Slave 1. That maybe should be costed into your two guys, and not just anyone getting that w/ anyone piloting. These aren't over powered and I think they need a little more to make them really good. At least the ship, who cares about the guy.

dorshe1

•Take This! (v)
Lore: “And This!”

Used Interrupt

Text:
If your [Republic] starship in battle use 3 Force and choose one: Reset all immunity to attrition for opponent to 0 or add X to your total battle destiny (X= Opponent’s first battle destiny).
[Episode 1]

*Trade Federation Tactics (v)
Lore: Organizations as wealthy as the Trade Federation can afford large amounts of military hardware, all purchased under the guise of protecting their commercial interests.

Used Interrupt

Text:
If your [Separatist] starship in battle use 3 Force and choose one: Reset all immunity to attrition for opponent to 0 or add X to your total battle destiny (X= Opponent’s first battle destiny).
[Episode 1]

Not a huge fan of this. Plus we already V'd Trade Fed Tactics. the X option seems really situation and hence bad, while the immunity canceling I'm not sure is needed. I dont think this helps them see play any more, which is teh point of the contest IMO.

Thanks!

Sydney_Bristow

*Siri Tachi (1) (Double Agent)

Lore: Female
Power: 4 Ability: 7 Jedi Master
Icons: Warrior, Pilot, Episode I, Clone Army

Text:
P:2. Deploys -2 aboard Delta Flyer. While piloting the Delta Flyer, may battle and force drain regardless of objective restrictions and during battle at same EP1 system, may add or subtract 2 from a just drawn destiny.

*Delta Flyer (1) (Green Squadron 1)
Lore: Empty

Light Starship - Starfighter: Jedi Interceptor
Icons: Nav Computer, Clone Army, Scomp Link, Episode 1, Republic

Text:
May add 1 pilot. While Siri Tachi piloting at a EP1 battleground system, opponent may not draw more than one battle destiny here and immune to attrition <4.

+/- 2 is SO BAD. It's ridiculousy good. Think og how good Lando DS was pre errata, and now double it? And then looking at her ship, she is very immune to weapons (6 w/ her -2) and basic BD (< 6 w/ her -2).

qasur

•Bravo Squadron Tactics [•We Didn't Hit It (V)] 3

EFFECT

Deploy in table. Once per game, may /\ Get To Your Ships!. Treat "Naboo" as "a battleground" on N-1 starfighters. Opponent only loses Force to It's On Automatic Pilot on your turns. (A)

•Officer Ellberger (V) 2

CHARACTER - REPUBLIC
POWER 2 ABILITY 2
Deploy 2 Forfeit 4
[Pilot][Warrior][Episode 1]

Text:
[Pilot]2. While piloting Bravo 5, may treat "battleship" as "[independent] starship" on Bravo squadron starfighters and pilots instead. Add one destiny to power if a battleship present.

Might, be ok, might be over the top. N1s have that crazy tallon roll AO to worry about if they get good. I'm not a huge fan of this global "treat" stuff and I'm trying to move away from that when possible. Ellberger I like except for the global nature. Might be better at say at same system so i doesn't get confushing. No clue what interactions there are.
Mike Tomashewski

Halfwingseen
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Halfwingseen »

Shewski the restriction is that it only works with droid starfighters, on a non sense immune lost interrupt. droid starfighters have no way of drawing battle destiny without another non droid starfighter there. so if you are able to draw BD at a system, you can't run away without getting beat down, or if you aren't you have 2-6 power total and no BDs or forfeit to speak of.

But yeah the point of the first half is its very strong to get early, but you are using crap ships for the most part and it sacrifices all deployment that turn except free deployment.

That being said i understand your position, and I agree cards are a little strong, but trying to make droid starfighters and trade fed space viable is going to take a hell of a lot more than this interrupt.
Hunter wrote: I think you're right.

sac89837

Post by sac89837 »

Shewski wrote: Poggle, while a nice card for Rally, does not belong in this contest.
stevetotheizz0 wrote:Design one or two cards that would continue to give shape and character to the EP1 space environment.
Rally should be the Episode I DS space deck, but it's currently unplayable because of Jar Jar and Much to Learn You Still Have. Starting Poggle would make it a viable deck in my opinion. I think that falls under the category of shape and character ;)

Shewski wrote: Invisible Hand doesn't do enough to justify putting greivous aboard. You get real big immunity and 1 BD only since he is not a pilot.
If Poggle existed, say you have him, Aks Moe, Lott Dodd and new Nute at the council room and flipped. It's easy enough to stick Tey How or Sil Unch aboard (or both) and now you have a power 12-13 ship that draws 2 bds, -1 to opponent's battle destinies, and your destinies are +1-3 (depending on if you have rallied a second system or given Grievous his stick. Seems like it should give Home One a run for it's money and it leaves it open for a new support Grievous character in the future.

If there was an EPP Grievous I could see your point, but Rally doesn't have deck space for Senators, Ships and matching weapons and Grievous without a lightsaber is not a good card.
On a unicorn, riding a unicorn over a rainbow.

"Bounty Hunters don't do brunch."

Cam Solusar

Post by Cam Solusar »

@shew: thanks for the feedback. Your point about linking the destiny to attrition is a good one. I thought making a prequel persona of the falcon would be an elegant way to make a powerful card that wouldn't cause imbalances by being good in other decks that might prefer hcf or super falcon.
Camden Y, Southern California
BrenDerlin wrote:These movies aren't called Star Battles, yo.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

Shewski wrote:I don't think giving immediately lost guns to an entire fleet is a good idea, but I do like the idea of giving the low forfeit N1s some extra kick w/ the attrition text

I think you somewhat missed an opportunity to make the TF ship a battleship to pick up a little synergy w/ existing TF options. That said, I think it might be too good since this pulls Fanblades or even additional Cruisers to boost your BD by a low. Where's your permanent pilot?
Probably right about the immediately lost weapon part. This card might look somewhat familiar as it was my entry for one of the design contest rounds. I changed the last part to cover attrition instead of battle damage, since that was one thing that seemed to be really bad with that version.

As for the Cruiser, I debated on making it a battleship, but wanted to add something new to the fleet. It doesn't pull other cruisers, just starfighters, so that's not really an issue. Yes it pulls fanblades, so that could get out of hand with the additional destinies. The permanent pilot is a droid pilot, represented by the Presence icon, just like Dooku's ship.

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Surprise celebrity cameo/critique!

As for your comments on my cards, I think you're allowed to deploy any ship + pilot simultaneously, no? Even if not, this gives you that ability in its text, doesn't it?

As for making Admirals and Generals, the point was so that you could use Rebel Leadership, which says "admiral or non-E1 general". Just making them generals would mean the jedi you could use in E1 environment still couldn't use leadership, leaving very little benefit for making them generals. I couldn't just make them admirals, since that is very unthematic. So I mixed gameplay and thematic elements.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

quickdraw3457 wrote:Surprise celebrity cameo/critique!

As for your comments on my cards, I think you're allowed to deploy any ship + pilot simultaneously, no? Even if not, this gives you that ability in its text, doesn't it?

As for making Admirals and Generals, the point was so that you could use Rebel Leadership, which says "admiral or non-E1 general". Just making them generals would mean the jedi you could use in E1 environment still couldn't use leadership, leaving very little benefit for making them generals. I couldn't just make them admirals, since that is very unthematic. So I mixed gameplay and thematic elements.

Non-v would still work.

I did notice from the cartoon that during the clone wars all the Jedi were made generals which was interesting.

Shewski
Retired Advocate

Post by Shewski »

Halfwingseen wrote:Shewski the restriction is that it only works with droid starfighters, on a non sense immune lost interrupt. droid starfighters have no way of drawing battle destiny without another non droid starfighter there. so if you are able to draw BD at a system, you can't run away without getting beat down, or if you aren't you have 2-6 power total and no BDs or forfeit to speak of.

But yeah the point of the first half is its very strong to get early, but you are using crap ships for the most part and it sacrifices all deployment that turn except free deployment.

That being said i understand your position, and I agree cards are a little strong, but trying to make droid starfighters and trade fed space viable is going to take a hell of a lot more than this interrupt.
the problem is that you are designing only for the current cardpool. Once this exists, you could not make good TF capitals or droid starfighters. This is a design that creates design restrictions

even w/ the carpool as it exists, you put out Trade Fed Droid Control Ship DFS327 and another DFS. Moving outside is free right? If so at end fo your tuirn you have

12 power
1 bd
opponent can only draw one bd/you draw 2 choose 1
pilots deploy +2 to starfighters
drain of 2.

the possibility of that first turn is really potentn.
Mike Tomashewski

Return to “Dream Cards”