(Irish) Dream cards

SmallDarkLines
GEMP Username: Tardis

(Irish) Dream cards

Post by SmallDarkLines »

Edit to main post, to keep stuff easy to find:

NARP mains set - a group of cards with simple text, on cheap base cards, with the goal of enabling NARPs to get back into the game and have competitive options for their first tournament without forking out large amounts of cash.

Dark side:
Vader
Power 6 / Ability 6
Deploy 6 / Forfeit 7
Adds 3 to power of anything he pilots. When Vader is deployed, search your reserve deck, and take any one weapon into hand, then shuffle your reserve deck. Opponent must first use 1 Force to deploy a Jedi here. Immune to Rebel Barrier and attrition <5.
2 player set Vader

Boba Fett, Mercenary
Power 4 / Ability 3 / Armour 5
Deploy 4 / Forfeit 6
Adds 3 to power of anything he pilots. When deployed, you may search your reserve deck and take one Hidden Weapons into hand, then reshuffle. Draws one battle destiny if not able to otherwise. Immune to attrition <5 if with Jabba, Han or Vader.
Quick Reflexes

Tarkin, Ruthless Leader
Power 4 / Ability 3
Deploy 4 / Forfeit 6
When deployed, you may place a card from your hand on the bottom of your Reserve Deck to search your Force Pile and take any one card into hand. Your other Imperials here are power +1. Immune to Demotion and attrition <3.
Put all sections on alert

Light side:
Luke Skywalker, Last Jedi
Power 6 / Ability 6
Deploy 6 / Forfeit 8
Adds 3 to power of anything he pilots. When Luke is deployed, search your reserve deck, take any one weapon into hand, then shuffle your reserve deck. Opponent must first use 1 Force to deploy an alien here. Immune to Imperial Barrier and attrition <5.
I have a very bad feeling about this

The Falcon, Hunk Of Junk
Power 3 / Maneuver 4 / Hyperspeed 1
May add 2 pilots and 2 passengers. When deployed, you may activate 2 Force. Once per turn, may use 1 Force to add 5 to Falcon's Hyperspeed. Immune to attrition <4 if Han or Chewie piloting, <6 if both.
Out of nowhere

Han Solo, Scoundrel
Power 3 / Ability 3
Deploy 3 / Forfeit 6
Adds 3 to power of anything he pilots. When deployed, may take Chewie into hand from reserve deck, reshuffle. While piloting Falcon, it is maneuver +2, he adds 1 battle destiny, and Falcon’s maneuver may not be reduced.
Corellian Retort

Obi Wan Kenobi, Guardian
Power 5 / Ability 6
Deploy 5 / Forfeit 8
When deployed, you may place a card from your hand on the bottom of your Force pile, if you do, then draw the top card of your Force Pile. If with Luke or Leia, they may not be targeted by weapons unless Obi Wan is ‘hit’. Immune to attrition <5.
Alter (premiere)

Leia, Inspiring Leader
Power 3 / Ability 4
Deploy 4 / Forfeit 7
When deployed, you may place a card from hand on the bottom of your used pile to search your reserve deck and take any one Rebel into hand, then shuffle that deck. Your other Rebels here are power +1. Immune to attrition <3, or <5 if with Han or Luke.
It could be worse

————————————————————————
Other stuff:

Saving what we love (0)
Defensive shield
Deploy on table. Once per turn, if you occupy two battlegrounds and your force retrieval was just cancelled, instead, retrieve 1 force (cannot be cancelled or reduced). Lateral damage instead reduces power and forfeit by -2.

MORE TO FOLLOW.
Last edited by SmallDarkLines on April 20th, 2016, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

New or returning player? Click here for the information you need to know.

Beat me mercilessly on GEMP: Tardis
Say hello at an event:Darren

Jono11
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Re: Interesting way of using starting effects.

Post by Jono11 »

Since I already don't like Starting Effects and Defensive Shields, I don't really like this either. Plus, it's not really costing you a shield. I mean it is in the basic sense, but you don't get to use all your shields anyway, so really what this card does is give you an additional shield.

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

Madmanwithabox wrote:Any thoughts?
Destiny number should be higher, to match the Effects that...already used to do this.

SmallDarkLines

Post by SmallDarkLines »

Hmmmm, ok - the idea is to have flexibility in the cards you can pull, a location, a key character, or an interrupt that may save you from a game loss. (The primary purpose is not to pull shields).
For each one you put in, that's one less shield you can use to prevent an abusive combo later - for example, K&D lets you use 15 cards, if 5 of those are used for characters etc, that's only 10 slots left for shields.

Hunter - should the destiny be around a 4 for something like this?
Last edited by SmallDarkLines on August 12th, 2015, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dorshe1
Holotable username: dorshe1
GEMP Username: dorshe1

Post by dorshe1 »

Madmanwithabox wrote:Hmmmm, ok - the idea is to have flexibility in the cards you can pull, a location, a key character, or an interrupt that may save you from a game loss.
For each one you put in, that's one less shield you can use to prevent an abusive combo later - for example, K&D lets you use 15 cards, if 5 of those are used for characters etc, that's only 10 slots left for shields.

Hunter - should the destiny be around a 4 for something like this?
Hunter is saying that this used to be an option and it was bad and it was removed and it isn't coming back.

You know... I'm pretty sure.

Thanks!

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

Madmanwithabox wrote:Hunter - should the destiny be around a 4 for something like this?
Yep.

SmallDarkLines

Post by SmallDarkLines »

Ok, no more ideas from me so.

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

Ideas are encouraged.

@swccg
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

thehooky
LS Region: Endor
LS Region: Endor

Post by thehooky »

I like how you fixed the problem!!!! Befor when we could deploy cards from under a starting effect, you could do it any number of times, i had a deck that could deploy 10 binder ( not the ship) from under my starting effect, i then used another card that put all 10 of those binders back into my deck and i would duel, battle and win with a 70 card deck!

Your card does this specificly only once per game! And its the 61st card every one needs in their deck! What other ideas do you have that fix old problems? Nice idea :)

I would suggest that this card be destiny 4, lost, and place top card of lost pile under starting effect. If you forget to put the card back under your starting effect next game, alls good, you can just fish it out again? Your thoughts?

SmallDarkLines

Sith testing

Post by SmallDarkLines »

Sith testing, an outline...

Objective
0 side: Is it possible to learn this power?
Deploy Do What Must Be Done, Coruscant:Palpatine's Chambers and one non reflections 3 episode 1 battleground.

For remainder of game, your dark Jedi ignore planet deployment restrictions in their game text.
While this side up, once per turn, if your dark Jedi (or Mara) was just deployed, may \/ their matching lightsaber. Clash of Sabers, You are beaten and lightsaber parry are cancelled.
Flip this card if a card was just stacked on Do What Must Be Done.

7 side: Not from a Jedi
While this side up, if your dark Jedi or Mara on table:
If 1 or more cards are stacked on Do What Must Be Done, add 1 to attrition in battles, and physical choke is a used interrupt.
If 2 or more cards are stacked on Do What Must Be Done, your Dark Jedi are power and defence value +1.
If 3 or more cards are stacked on Do What Must Be Done, opponent loses 1 force when you initiate battle.
If 4 or more cards are stacked on Do What Must Be Done, add one battle destiny in all battles.
Flip this card if you lose a battle.

Effect
•Do What Must Be Done
Deploy on table. When you win a battle where your Dark Jedi (or Mara) is present, opponent loses one force (cannot be reduced) and stacks lost card here. Insignificant rebellion is cancelled. Immune to Alter.

Learning to use the dark side should work a little differently from Jedi testing - Dooku, Anakin and Kylo were all Jedi (or in training to be) corrupted by the dark side. They already had force training, but learned new powers as they gave in to anger.

gossuii
GEMP Username: gossuii

Post by gossuii »

Nice. Perhaps "unstack" a card if you flip back to make a bit less powerful?

And how about the rule of 2? Now it just begs to play Dark Jedi and Mara only, already the most efficient characters in the game.

The 0 side basically says "start Blaster Rack (V) and 3 effects". I think there should be some drawback on the front side to avoid people only using it as a platform to start an extra effect, and not to play it as you intended to. This also makes it worthwhile to pass Sith Tests so that they grow in the ways of the dark side.
Gosse Z. - Seattle

SmallDarkLines

Post by SmallDarkLines »

Sith testing, revised.

Objective
0 side: Is It Possible To Learn This Power?
Deploy Do What Must Be Done, Coruscant:Palpatine's Chambers and one non reflections 3 episode 1 battleground.

For remainder of game, your Dark Jedi ignore planet deployment restrictions in their game text. Your vehicles, droids, starships and characters of ability <5 are deploy +4.
While this side up, your Dark Jedi (except Emperor) may only deploy to where opponent has presence. Clash Of Sabers, You Are Beaten and Lightsaber Parry are cancelled. If more than two Dark Jedi on table, all Dark Jedi are power -2, and you lose one force in each of your draw phases. Opponent loses two force if they do not occupy a battleground site at the end of their deploy phase.
Flip this card if a card was just stacked on Do What Must Be Done.

7 side: Not from a Jedi...
While this side up, if your Dark Jedi or Mara on table:
Once during your deploy phase may use 1 force to take one Dark Jedi into hand from table (cards deployed on that character return to owners hands).
If 1 or more cards are stacked on Do What Must Be Done, add 1 to attrition in battles, and Physical Choke is a used interrupt.
If 2 or more cards are stacked on Do What Must Be Done, your Dark Jedi are power and defence value +1.
If 3 or more cards are stacked on Do What Must Be Done, opponent loses 1 force when you initiate battle.
If 4 or more cards are stacked on Do What Must Be Done, add one battle destiny in all battles.
Flip this card and return a card stacked under Do What Must Be done to owners lost pile if you lose a battle.

Effect
•Do What Must Be Done
Deploy on table. When you win a battle where your Dark Jedi (or Mara) is present, opponent loses one force (cannot be reduced) and stacks lost card here. Insignificant rebellion is cancelled. Immune to Alter.

Coruscant:Palpatine's Chambers (2 dark/1 light)
Dark side text: If no other Dark Jedi on table, once per game may \/ Sidious here.
Light side text: Force drain +1 here unless a Jedi is present.

armaslow
Starter
Starter

Post by armaslow »

I like this a lot - I agree a card should be unstacked (Maybe directly into opponent's hand, to raise the stakes) when it flips. I also think it should flip if you lose a duel.

SmallDarkLines

Character helpers

Post by SmallDarkLines »

As a former VS system player, one of the concepts I enjoyed most in that game was 'legends' - specific cards that worked only if a certain character was in play.

LMFBM was the closest I've seen to this concept in SWCCG, as a way to theme decks around a certain character - as a similar idea, character specific helper effects are interesting to me:

You Like Me Because I’m A Scoundrel
Deploy on table. Han is immune to Set For Stun & abilities in his game text may be used for free. If Han (or Falcon) was just targeted by opponents weapon or interrupt, shuffle opponents reserve deck. Han’s Dice is destiny +2 & may redraw your weapon destinies.(immune to Alter).

More Machine Than Man
Deploy on table. (DS2) Vader is deploy -1 for each opponents Jedi on table. If Vader on table, your total force generation is +2 if opponent is generating more force than you. Once per turn, Vader may cancel and redraw his just drawn duel or battle destiny. (immune to Alter).

To Me, She’s Royalty
Deploy on table. Leia may not be targeted by weapons unless all other Rebels present with her are 'hit'. Leia is power +X, where X is the number of Rebels present with Leia. When you win a battle where Leia is present, retrieve 1 force. (immune to Alter).

You're My Only Hope
Deploy on table. Once per turn, Obi Wan may cancel and redraw his just drawn lightsaber combat destiny. If Obi Wan is armed with a lightsaber, your other characters present may not be targeted by weapons or Force Lightning, unless Obi Wan is 'hit'. (immune to Alter).

My Little Green Friend
Deploy on table. If Yoda on table, once per turn, you may peek at the top X cards of your force pile, where X is the number of your Jedi on table, replace in any order. Yoda may be placed out of play from table to cancel a battle opponent just initiated. (immune to Alter)

SmallDarkLines

Re: Character helpers

Post by SmallDarkLines »

Continuing the theme:

He's worth a lot to me
Deploy on table. When Hidden Weapons is used by Boba Fett:, it is immune to Sense, & you may add 1 to your destiny draw. When Boba Fett delivers a captive to a prison or captures a character, retrieve 1 force (once per captive), & opponent must use or lose 1 force. (immune to Alter)

The Emperor is coming here?
Deploy on table. Emperor may not be targeted by weapons unless all Imperials present with him are 'hit'. If Emperor is on table, once during your turn, may peek at top X cards of opponents Force pile and replace in any order, where X is the number of Dark Jedi on table. (immune to Alter)

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Re: (Irish) Dream cards

Post by chriskelly »

The Han and Obi-wan effects are great.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

I like these and feel they could be used for groups of scum guys as well (although once per turn or toned down). I like the obi but thinl it'd be cooler if you have no.other weapons there.

To me, has a feeling like my musical score dream cards.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

SmallDarkLines

Starship weapons

Post by SmallDarkLines »

As I've been quite vocal in stating that starship weapons still have design space available, to use them in interesting ways, I'll put my money where my mouth is, and throw out a few ideas:

It just impacted on the surface
Effect
Deploy on table. If your starship or vehicle is about to be ‘hit’ (or lost) during the weapons segment of a battle, you may use 1 force to cause a character aboard to be ‘hit’ instead. (Immune to Alter)

Strafing run
Lost interrupt
Target an opponents starship weapon present with your starship weapon, draw destiny: target immediately lost if your destiny is > targets destiny number. OR instead of firing your starship weapon during battle, cancel an opponents just drawn weapon destiny.

Defensive marksmanship
Used interrupt
If your starship armed with a weapon was just targeted by missiles or torpedoes, cancel that targeting. OR If your starship with a gunner aboard just fired a weapon in battle, that starship is defence value +2 this battle.

Take evasive action (v)
Used interrupt
If your starship armed with a weapon is about to be ‘hit’ (or lost) during the weapons segment of a battle, place a weapon aboard that starship on top of owners used pile to restore that starship to normal (it is not ‘hit’ or lost).

Automated point defence cannon
Starship weapon
Deploy on your starship. Once per turn, If this starship was just targeted by an opponents weapon, draw weapon destiny: If your total weapon destiny is > opponents total weapon destiny, cancel opponents weapon destiny draw(s).
Surface defence cannon (v)

Ventral cannon
Starship weapon
Deploy on your star destroyer. May fire only during battle. May target an opponents starship present: Draw destiny, if destiny > targets defence value, opponent must lose 1 force or target is immediately relocated to a related site (if possible).
Last edited by SmallDarkLines on May 20th, 2016, 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

Think Impacted on the surface would be a better name for rugged design. However, I think these cards (particularly the counter cards which defend against lost (and not ions) are pretty neat.
Last edited by fungineer on May 20th, 2016, 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

SmallDarkLines

Post by SmallDarkLines »

Cheers, I was concentrating more on the mechanics than the names, but that's a good one. Post updated.
I was aiming for those moments when a ship gets a hole blown through it, a few crew get sucked into space, but the rest of the vessel is intact and keeps fighting.
Like the visual on 'it's a hit'.

Return to “Dream Cards”