(Irish) Dream cards

SmallDarkLines
GEMP Username: Tardis

Re: (Irish) Dream cards

Post by SmallDarkLines »

Let’s let IG-11 nurse and protect.

•Reprogrammed Base Protocols (6)
Immediate Effect
If an opponents droid is about to be lost from table, deploy this effect on table and stack that droid here. Droids stacked here may be deployed as if from hand. Place that droid out of play if lost from table. Immune to Control.
Dismantle on sight (v).

New or returning player? Click here for the information you need to know.

Beat me mercilessly on GEMP: Tardis
Say hello at an event:Darren

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

Madmanwithabox wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 6:36 pm

Immediate Effect
If an opponents droid is about to be lost from table, deploy this effect on table and stack that droid here. Droids stacked here may be deployed as if from hand. Place that droid out of play if lost from table. Immune to Control.
Dismantle on sight (v).

I like it, great undercard, and covers much of designs concern when they made k2s0 for placing thing out of play (which I believe was related to artoo & threepio). The weird thing is it says driod plural so I can't tell if intent was to let it stack additional or not. It stays on table when droid dies, which is strange. However, a neat starting point. I feel snap gets little use so I feel outside of invasion, asm, and court it wouldn't get a lot of use unless you hunt down ig88/a future 11/4lom. But, fun.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

SmallDarkLines

Post by SmallDarkLines »

fungineer wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 11:50 pm
Madmanwithabox wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 6:36 pm

Immediate Effect
Dismantle on sight (v).

I like it, great undercard, and covers much of designs concern when they made k2s0 for placing thing out of play (which I believe was related to artoo & threepio). The weird thing is it says driod plural so I can't tell if intent was to let it stack additional or not. It stays on table when droid dies, which is strange. However, a neat starting point. I feel snap gets little use so I feel outside of invasion, asm, and court it wouldn't get a lot of use unless you hunt down ig88/a future 11/4lom. But, fun.
It’s only intended to get one droid, but has room for stacking the droid back on via an interrupt or whatever.
It stays on table to prevent recursion - invasion would really suffer from this being repeatable, so there’s no way to put it back once it’s been used.

SmallDarkLines

Post by SmallDarkLines »

Dark side Hoth stuff

The Shield Will Be Down In Moments (0)
Deploy Hoth System, 1st Marker and 4th Marker. May deploy (9) Prepare For A Surface Attack and/or Target The Main Generator.
While this side up, your 4th Marker gains one (LS) icon. Opponent loses no Force from Rebel Base Occupation or You May Start Your Landing. Once per game, you may take a Marker site into hand from Reserve Deck; reshuffle.
Flip this card if 1st Marker is ‘blown away’.

You Are In Command Now (7)
Immediately take any one card from Lost Pile into hand.
While this side up, Hoth sites gain (LS) and (DS) icons to equalise them for both sides. Opponents Force drains at Hoth System are -1 for each Hoth site you control with an AT-AT or Imperial. Once per turn, you may place X cards from your Lost Pile out of play to reduce battle damage against you (or Force loss from opponents Effect or Objective) by X.

1st Marker
(0 DS) If ‘blown away’, lost Force is tripled and must come from Reserve Deck.
(1 LS) “Hoth Energy Shield” rules in effect.

Hazardville
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: Jagteq

Post by Hazardville »

Madmanwithabox wrote:
December 25th, 2020, 5:39 am
Dark side Hoth stuff

Deploy Hoth System, 1st Marker and 4th Marker. May deploy (9) Prepare For A Surface Attack and/or Target The Main Generator.
While this side up, your 4th Marker gains one (LS) icon. Opponent loses no Force from Rebel Base Occupation or You May Start Your Landing. Once per game, you may take a Marker site into hand from Reserve Deck; reshuffle.

While this side up, Hoth sites gain (LS) and (DS) icons to equalise them for both sides. Opponents Force drains at Hoth System are -1 for each Hoth site you control with an AT-AT or Imperial. Once per turn, you may place X cards from your Lost Pile out of play to reduce battle damage against you (or Force loss from opponents Effect or Objective) by X.
Flip this card if 1st Marker was just deployed.

1st Marker
I don't understand the flip back condition. Once the 1st Marker is blown away, it can't be re-deployed or converted, so it seems like the flip-back text is just a waste of space.
Justin Miyashiro

SmallDarkLines

Post by SmallDarkLines »

Hazardville wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 4:08 am
Madmanwithabox wrote:
December 25th, 2020, 5:39 am
Dark side Hoth stuff

Flip this card if 1st Marker was just deployed.

1st Marker
I don't understand the flip back condition. Once the 1st Marker is blown away, it can't be re-deployed or converted, so it seems like the flip-back text is just a waste of space.
You are correct - I was getting mixed up with the rules for collapsed sites, which are ‘rebuilt’ when deployed again.
I love SWCCG, but it has so many niche rules...

SmallDarkLines

Post by SmallDarkLines »

Generic Force Lightning type thing (Sidious, Snoke, Dooku and the Emperor can all throw around lightning to zap young fools - Kylo, Rey, Kenobi all get targeted by it).

Young Fool
Lost interrupt
During battle at a site, target opponents non ‘hit’ character present with your Dark Jedi Master: both characters are immediately excluded from this battle.
OR Cancel Clash Of Sabers targeting your Dark Jedi Master.

CRG
GEMP Username: CRG

Post by CRG »

Madmanwithabox wrote:
December 28th, 2020, 8:29 am
Generic Force Lightning type thing (Sidious, Snoke, Dooku and the Emperor can all throw around lightning to zap young fools - Kylo, Rey, Kenobi all get targeted by it).

Young Fool
Lost interrupt
During battle at a site, target opponents non ‘hit’ character present with your Dark Jedi Master: both characters are immediately excluded from this battle.
OR Cancel Clash Of Sabers targeting your Dark Jedi Master.
Definitely like first text. May want it to be a just action (a la Kylo running at Snoke).
Member of:
rsersen wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm
MYWHL club
Image Image Image

SmallDarkLines

Post by SmallDarkLines »

•Force Healing (4)
Used or Lost Interrupt
During battle involving Rey or Grogu: Used: lose a Force from hand to place any card from Lost Pile into your Used Pile. Lost: restore a just ‘hit’ character (except Rey or Grogu) to normal.
First aid (v)

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by fungineer »

Madmanwithabox wrote:
January 10th, 2021, 10:30 am
•Force Healing (4)
Used or Lost Interrupt
During battle involving Rey or Grogu: Used: lose a Force from hand to place any card from Lost Pile into your Used Pile. Lost: restore a just ‘hit’ character (except Rey or Grogu) to normal.
First aid (v)
Strong but I really like this.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

SmallDarkLines

Knights of Ren

Post by SmallDarkLines »

The first order needs a broader character base...
The KOR are very individual, but have a general theme of messing with interrupts and weapons.

•Master Of The Knights Of Ren (5)
Effect
Deploy on table. Kylo is a Knight Of Ren. Your Knights Of Ren are destiny +1 when drawn for weapon or battle destiny, defence value +1, and power +1 if ‘hit’. Once per game, may take Night Buzzard into hand from Reserve Deck; reshuffle. Immune to Alter.
(Collateral damage v)

Night Buzzard (4)
Capital: Modified Oubliette Transport
Power 4 / manoeuvre 5
Deploy 4 / forfeit 6
May add 2 pilots and 5 passengers. Power and immunity to attrition +1 for each Knight Of Ren aboard. Immune to attrition <4 (If Kuruk piloting, immunity to attrition of Night Buzzard may not be cancelled).
(Sentinel class landing craft v)

Vicrul (2)
Character: First order
Lore: Knight Of Ren
Power 4 / ability 4
Deploy 4 / forfeit 4
Warrior
Power and defence value +1 for each ‘hit’ opponents character present. During battle here, opponent plays with an open hand. Opponent must first lose 1 Force to target Vicrul with a weapon. Immune to attrition <3
(Fear v)

Cardo (3)
Character: First order
Power 4 / Ability 4
Deploy 4 / Forfeit 4
Warrior / permanent weapon
Permanent weapon is •Customised Blaster (May target a character or vehicle for free; Draw two destiny and choose one; Target ‘hit’ if destiny +1 > defence value). If just targeted by opponents weapon, may fire Customised Blaster.
(Antipersonnel laser cannon v)

Ushar (3)
Character - First order
Power 3 / ability 4
Deploy 4 / forfeit 4
Power +2 while defending a battle. During battle here, may target an opponents character present and draw destiny; if destiny > targets printed deploy cost, return that character to owners hand. Immune to attrition <3.
(Infantry mine v)

Trudgen (4)
Character: First Order
Deploy 3 / forfeit 4
Power 3 / ability 4 / armour 5
Opponent must first use 1 Force to target a Knight Of Ren here with an interrupt. Opponents interrupts played during battle here are lost. Immune to attrition <2
Warrior.
(Vibro ax v)

Kuruk (3)
Deploy 4 / forfeit 4
Power 3 / ability 5
May deploy as a ‘react’ to same location as a Knight Of Ren, this react may not be cancelled. When deployed, may target an opponents weapon card present, opponent must lose 1 Force or place that weapon in owners used pile.
Warrior / Pilot
(Blaster scope v)

Ap’lek (1)
Power 5 / ability 4 / armour 5
Deploy 5 / forfeit 5
Opponents weapon destiny draws here are -1. During battle here, you choose the target(s) for opponents interrupts instead of opponent. Immune to attrition <4.
Warrior
(Watch your back v)

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Post by chriskelly »

Night buzzard is actually a card we’ve been discussing.

:)

SmallDarkLines

Post by SmallDarkLines »

chriskelly wrote:
January 29th, 2021, 8:12 pm
Night buzzard is actually a card we’ve been discussing.

:)
Awesome, we needs us some KOR love.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by fungineer »

In what material source do they go over all these guys?
Image Image Image

SmallDarkLines

Post by SmallDarkLines »

fungineer wrote:
January 30th, 2021, 8:55 am
In what material source do they go over all these guys?
There’s a comic, visual dictionary, etc. Most of it (though there’s not much) is collated on wookieepedia.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Knights_of_Ren
https://www.starwars.com/databank/knights-of-ren

I based each one of these on those descriptions - for example, Ushar uses concussive weapons, so his text blows the target back to hand.
Vicrul causes force based fear, so there’s a cost to overcome that fear and try to swing at him.
Ap’lek uses misdirection and smoke bombs, so his abilities mess with interrupt targeting and make it harder to hit with weapons.
All of them are force sensitive, but none are trained, so they’re all ability 4 (except Kuruk, who is a bit more advanced than the others).

I spent quite a lot of time trying to work out how each of those descriptions would translate into game terms.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by fungineer »

Madmanwithabox wrote:
January 30th, 2021, 9:13 am
There’s a comic, visual dictionary, etc. Most of it (though there’s not much) is collated on wookieepedia.
[/quote]

Thanks. Yeah I figured if it existed it was on wookieepedia, I just didn't realize anything actually covered them yet.
Image Image Image

Return to “Dream Cards”