Naboo Regional UK - Sat 25th April 2020 Liverpool (Cancelled)

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Re: Naboo Regional UK - Sat 25th April 2020 Liverpool

Post by aermet69 »

bought some flight tickets even :)

Arrive at 17.00 (I can wait for 19.00 people if that makes it easier).

Leave at 13.00 (Guess I need to be at the airport around 12.00)

- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

Calaglin

Post by Calaglin »

Quirin, hope it sorts out. As Chris G. said: let us know if we can help!

aermet69 wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 2:48 am
bought some flight tickets even :)

Arrive at 17.00 (I can wait for 19.00 people if that makes it easier).

Leave at 13.00 (Guess I need to be at the airport around 12.00)
You may want to add the dates :)

My flight back has changed due to CORONA:
New flight: SN2177
Brussels (BRU: Brussels Airport) - Manchester (MAN)
Date: 24APR, departure: 16:45, arrivel: 17:00
Cedrik V. - Belgium
Ruler of the Low Countries

aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

Fri-Sun.

But yeah, let's see if it's even possible to go :)
- Casper Jørgensen
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

ketwol
GEMP Username: ketwol

Post by ketwol »

gogolen wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 10:27 pm
ketwol wrote:
March 9th, 2020, 1:01 pm
Hey guys. I sadly won't make it this year. Too busy with my f*cked up life right now. Issues I wasn't able to fix in the last couple of months and need to fix now before I burn out.

I am really grateful for being part of the whole community and for all of you guys.

Hopefully I will see you again throughout the year somewhere in Europe when I got everything back in order.

Bless you!
Good luck, and feel free to reach out if you need a hand with anything. We're a pretty resourceful group
Thx to all of you guys. Means a lot to me. I'll be back, when everything is sorted out.

Yoda007

Post by Yoda007 »

We are not looking great for this either. :( our return flight has been cancelled. I wonder when will Ryanair cancel the flights to UK.

I mean once there... I might just go to Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for this all to blow over. :(
Tamas Papp

"Oh come on! How could playtesting results have a greater weight in this discussion than pure opinions?!
What’s the point of this forum if you rather believe in people who tested those cards instead of people who just know?" -BW

Madmanwithabox
GEMP Username: Tardis

Post by Madmanwithabox »

If you’re going to be in Winchester anyway, see if you can get to Kingsclere from there (it’s not far). It’s a really great place if you like the countryside - Watership Down is a short walk from the village.

(Edit - I believe I may have just completely missed the quote. The advice stands anyway.)

Any chance of a GEMP event for this instead?
New or returning player? Click here for the information you need to know.

Beat me mercilessly on GEMP: Tardis
Say hello at an event:Darren

Paul McPherson
LS Region: Naboo
LS Region: Naboo
GEMP Username: PMcPherson

Post by Paul McPherson »

I've already spoken to Kev and I'm pretty sure that this event will be cancelled. The UK is currently in lockdown with all non-essential businesses being told to close and there is a ban on non-essential travel. We are only allowed outside once per day for exercise and we are not allowed to be in groups of more than 2 people.
Image Image

World Championship 26th Place - 2019
European Championship 4th Place - 2013
Naboo Regional Winner - 2015, 2018 & 2019
Ralltiir Regional Runner-up - 2019
English National Winner - 2014
Welsh National Winner - 2017 & 2018
German National Runner-up - 2018

Join the Star Wars CCG UK Facebook Page

Yoda007

Post by Yoda007 »

Madmanwithabox wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 12:00 pm
If you’re going to be in Winchester anyway, see if you can get to Kingsclere from there (it’s not far). It’s a really great place if you like the countryside - Watership Down is a short walk from the village.

Any chance of a GEMP event for this instead?
Tamas Papp

"Oh come on! How could playtesting results have a greater weight in this discussion than pure opinions?!
What’s the point of this forum if you rather believe in people who tested those cards instead of people who just know?" -BW

Yoda007

Post by Yoda007 »

Paul McPherson wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 12:03 pm
I've already spoken to Kev and I'm pretty sure that this event will be cancelled. The UK is currently in lockdown with all non-essential businesses being told to close and there is a ban on non-essential travel. We are only allowed outside once per day for exercise and we are not allowed to be in groups of more than 2 people.
Wow! What a year! you started exercising? :)
Tamas Papp

Darth Eweuge
DS Region: Naboo
DS Region: Naboo

Post by Darth Eweuge »

With a heavy heart I can confirm, this event has no choice but to cancel.

COVID-19 and everything that's happening in the world right now, pushing pieces of card around a table seem's rather far fetched and extravagant. I'm sure everyone's thoughts right now are on keeping their families & loved one's safe and most of all healthy.

The UK is currently one week into lockdown with strict isolation polices in place, which have been hinted at will last for another 11 weeks at the earliest. The news is full of what's happening in the rest of Europe, a part of me thinks 11 weeks is still too soon for the social distancing practices to be removed partially or fully, here's to hoping I'm completely wrong.
The venue, my company, is also 1 week into to a forced closure. The last few weeks have been chaotic, while I've been working to put the company into a state of hibernation to ride out the public closure order for an indefinite amount of time. During this time I was hoping that It would only be a 2/3 week period of closure, however it's now looking like June is when some of the policies may be lifted so the doors may reopen.

I know that some of you have had fights and accommodation already contact you cancelling, so I hope this does not leave many out of pocket.

Please stay safe everyone, I want to be sat at a table pushing cards around & drinking beer with you all soon.
2012 - UK Regional Champion
2017 - Ralltiir Regional Champion
Kevin Jaap
TEAM WALES

Silverglen
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product
GEMP Username: silverglen

Re: Naboo Regional UK - Sat 25th April 2020 Liverpool (Cancelled)

Post by Silverglen »

Sad but the right decision - take care everyone
Welsh National Winner 2019, 5th Euro 2018, OCS Finalist
Shadow 13 wrote:seeing Silverglen's underdog run has been pretty inspiring

aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

Absolutely. Hope all of you with small companies survive. Otherwise you get a lot of time for silly cards. Take care.
- Casper Jørgensen

Yoda007

Post by Yoda007 »

Thank you, Kevin, for all the work you put into this. I hope you'll get all the help needed.

See you all soon!
Tamas Papp

ketwol
GEMP Username: ketwol

Post by ketwol »

Darth Eweuge wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 6:13 pm
With a heavy heart I can confirm, this event has no choice but to cancel.

COVID-19 and everything that's happening in the world right now, pushing pieces of card around a table seem's rather far fetched and extravagant. I'm sure everyone's thoughts right now are on keeping their families & loved one's safe and most of all healthy.

The UK is currently one week into lockdown with strict isolation polices in place, which have been hinted at will last for another 11 weeks at the earliest. The news is full of what's happening in the rest of Europe, a part of me thinks 11 weeks is still too soon for the social distancing practices to be removed partially or fully, here's to hoping I'm completely wrong.
The venue, my company, is also 1 week into to a forced closure. The last few weeks have been chaotic, while I've been working to put the company into a state of hibernation to ride out the public closure order for an indefinite amount of time. During this time I was hoping that It would only be a 2/3 week period of closure, however it's now looking like June is when some of the policies may be lifted so the doors may reopen.

I know that some of you have had fights and accommodation already contact you cancelling, so I hope this does not leave many out of pocket.

Please stay safe everyone, I want to be sat at a table pushing cards around & drinking beer with you all soon.
Sad to hear that, but you are 100% right. At the moment health & safety of everyone and their families is more important than pushing cards around. I hope, you, your family, your business and everyone else in this great community stays safe during these times.

Take care all of you!

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

I was so looking forward to this! :(

Well, of course we can't do it, but I hope for a cool revival later. ;)
Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

JimmyFrench
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by JimmyFrench »

Btw, I am sorry to say that but I am afraid that any tournament before mid June will be only with domestic players.
No airplane companies will be allowed to fly over other countries until June.
All local tournament director should take that into consideration and adjust their tourney.

Return to “Tournaments”