Gauging Interest; Impromptu Tournament East Tennessee

Hutch
GEMP Username: hutch

Gauging Interest; Impromptu Tournament East Tennessee

Post by Hutch »

Looking for interest from anyone within a ~2hr radius of my ~2hr radius. I'm currently in Bristol, TN and could guarantee 3-4 players in addition to what others could promise; possibility of two more if others could provide decks. Other areas of possibility for holding a 4-6 game event: Knoxville, TN; Asheville, NC; Chattanooga, TN. Only for a fun "F*** COVID" event. Would love to replicate the old school feel of 1-3 top players, 2-4 middle guys, and 2-4 scrubs. No prize support. No PC sanctions. Just a fun day of cards. I leave the country in 18 days, so we'd have to arrange this quickly.
marines28 wrote: ping
stimpy wrote: ping
hayes wrote: ping
stephengascrub wrote: ping
pantherpike wrote: ping

3rd place 2016 Virginia States; 3rd place 2017 Virginia States; Top 8 Euro MPC 2018; 5th place 2018 German Nationals; 5th Place 2018 Kashyyyk Regionals; 3rd place 2018 Massachusetts States; 2019 Massachusetts League Champion; 3rd place 2019 Nal Hutta Regionals
Honorary member of Team Wales & Pretty much the best player in East Africa.

stephengascrub
GEMP Username: Polymers55

Re: Gauging Interest; Impromptu Tournament East Tennessee

Post by stephengascrub »

Between distance, possibly playing somewhere public where there would be more than just the 6-12 of us, and people in my personal life not thinking it’s the safest idea, I’m probably out. I wish I lived closer and/or Covid-19 wasn’t a thing, but it is what it is.

I hope you get others to bite or are able to play irl cards with some people before you head on out.

Good luck Grady, and thanks for including me in the ping!
Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

Hayes
LS Region: Kashyyyk
LS Region: Kashyyyk

Post by Hayes »

Same sentiments here

Ardrra
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck
GEMP Username: Ardrra

Post by Ardrra »

if there wasn't a global pandemic, i have a friend in Johnson City and another in Asheville who definitely play. I would come up to, if it worked out. (i am from JC originally, and usually visit a few times a year.

keep this in mind for when there isn't a pandemic and i'm down.
Issac

Hutch

Post by Hutch »

Ardrra wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 2:02 pm
if there wasn't a global pandemic, i have a friend in Johnson City and another in Asheville who definitely play. I would come up to, if it worked out. (i am from JC originally, and usually visit a few times a year.

keep this in mind for when there isn't a pandemic and i'm down.
Thanks guys. Maybe we can try again in a year or so when I'm back in town.

Ardrra, who's your friend in JC. Maybe we can meet up for a casual game.
3rd place 2016 Virginia States; 3rd place 2017 Virginia States; Top 8 Euro MPC 2018; 5th place 2018 German Nationals; 5th Place 2018 Kashyyyk Regionals; 3rd place 2018 Massachusetts States; 2019 Massachusetts League Champion; 3rd place 2019 Nal Hutta Regionals

ric_raynor
Starter
Starter

Post by ric_raynor »

I'm in Johnson City, TN and I've got a few friends that play and a ton of cards we can use for loaner decks as well, now we just need to find a venue? I have space we might be able to use but we'd need to rearrange a bunch of stuff first. I have another friend that might be able to host as well so I'll see what he says.

-Rich

stephengascrub
GEMP Username: Polymers55

Post by stephengascrub »

Grady, I am definitely interested in trying to make it to an event, when you're back in the states again. Safe travels man!
Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

Hutch

Post by Hutch »

ric_raynor wrote:
July 21st, 2020, 11:00 am
I'm in Johnson City, TN and I've got a few friends that play and a ton of cards we can use for loaner decks as well, now we just need to find a venue? I have space we might be able to use but we'd need to rearrange a bunch of stuff first. I have another friend that might be able to host as well so I'll see what he says.

-Rich
Hi Rich,
That'd be great. I found one other guy who used to play and we've met to play games at Hobbytown USA on the Bristol HWY a few times. I'll send you a PM to see if we can get linked up.

Return to “Tournaments”