First Tournament in SC in forever

agnos

First Tournament in SC in forever

Post by agnos »

Hey Guys,
I'm hosting a tournament around the Greenville, SC area on February 27 @ 12:30 @ Corner Magic Games. There will be no tournament entry fee for this first one. Epp Maul and Epp Quigon will be the 1st/2nd prize support. I will also be trying to add some other random support for those who finish lower. If you have any questions, you can call me @ 864-350-5966 or email me @ rlienvenieu@yahoo.com. Note the store will be moving by the end of the month (of January) to just barely off exit 40 (on I-85); i.e. same exit, only on SC-153/Earle E Morris Hwy instead of on SC-81/Anderson Road. For those of you who can stay a little later, I'm sure there will be people able to play some pickup games as well.
http://www.cornermagicgames.com/
Caleb Foth

3MW0J8

Re: First Tournament in SC in forever

Post by 3MW0J8 »

How many games, and what format?
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

agnos

Post by agnos »

2 rounds, 4 games, just regular constructed. Gosh, it's obvious that I'm new to running tourneys because I forget those key details.

coma
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by coma »

only 3 hours away from knoxville according to my gps, but its not taking into consideration that part of i40 is closed, mapquest is 4 hours with the dumb i40 closure

should be able to make it, how many from your local area are you expecting?
Justin

agnos

Post by agnos »

Right now I'm expecting 6 people plus however many from ATL show up. My guess is 8-12 but it is hard to guess. It likely will also somewhat depend on when the february ATL events are.

Boba.Fett
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by Boba.Fett »

coma wrote:only 3 hours away from knoxville according to my gps, but its not taking into consideration that part of i40 is closed, mapquest is 4 hours with the dumb i40 closure

should be able to make it, how many from your local area are you expecting?

think we are planning on making the trip down from knoxville
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."
―Qui-Gon Jinn

agnos

Post by agnos »

How many from knoxville area? Looks like if some locals that are maybes come and we have a good turnout from ATL we might get into the 14-16 range.

Also, just a reminder folks, only two weeks away.

coma
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by coma »

just 2
agnos wrote:How many from knoxville area? Looks like if some locals that are maybes come and we have a good turnout from ATL we might get into the 14-16 range.

Also, just a reminder folks, only two weeks away.
Justin

agnos

Post by agnos »

A few things. Just a reminder that we're a few days off. Second, I've decided to make a gallon of home made ice cream; any requests for anything specific? Thin Mint, Samoa, Coffee, plain vanilla, double chocolate?

coma
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by coma »

plain vanilla is boring but would appeal to the most number of people
Justin

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Oh man! I wanna come to one of Agnos' tournaments, he serves ice cream! Thin Mint ice cream sounds amazing, too. :yes:
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

agnos

Post by agnos »

Results:

1.Reid "Scrub" Smith +8 (+80) (D-FW 19 vs Mike K, L-FW 23 vs Bryan B, D-FW 16 vs Justin B, L-FW 22 vs Caleb F)
2. Caleb Foth +5 (+29) (D-TW 9 vs Peter S, L-FW 26 vs Peter S, L-FW 16 vs Brad K, D-FL Reid S 22)
Justin Battenberg +5 (+29) (D-FW 25 vs Chris E., L-TW 14 vs Drew L, L-FL 16 vs Reid Smith, D-FW 6 Brad K)
4. Mike Kessling +4 (-11) (L-FL 19 vs Reid Smith, D-FL 18 vs Brad K, L-FW 13 vs Peter S, D-FW 13 vs Chris E)
5. Chris Erwin +4 (-19) (L-FL 25 vs Justin B, D-FW 6 vs Mark F, D-FW 13 vs Drew L, L-FL 13 vs Mike K)
6. Bryan Battenberg +3 (+8) (L-TW 24 vs Mark F, D-FL 23 vs Reid S, D-TL 13 vs Mark F, L-FW 20 vs Drew L)
7. Brad Kippel +2 (-17) (D-FL 13 vs Drew L, L-FW 18 vs Mike K, D-FL 16 vs Caleb F, L-FL 6 vs Justin B)
8. Peter Srodeski +2 (-26) (L-TL 9 vs Caleb F, D-FL 26 vs Caleb F, D-FL 13 vs Mike K, L-FW 22 vs Mark F)
9. Drew Lehtenstein +2 (-34) (L-FW 13 vs Brad K, D-TL 14 vs Justin B, L-FL 13 vs Chris E, D-FL 34 vs Brian B)
10. Mark Fessler +1 (-39) (D-TL 24 vs Bryan B, L-FL 6 vs Chris E, L-TW 13 vs Bryan B, D-FL 22 vs Peter S)

It was a great time had by I as far as I could tell. While space was a little cramped, we were able to work it out. The Thin Mint ice cream was a pretty decent hit; in the least, it made my fat ass happy. There were numerous strange decks along with a number of interesting decks. Other than some minor things where boxes where people pickup up the wrong boxes when they were leaving and some timing issues on my part (getting rounds sorted out and what not) things went decently. Thankfully, all boxes are accounted for and on their way to their proper homes. My game with Reid was rather comical in that one turn Reid almost decided to not deploy anything for lack of reason to deploy anything; as well, a first turn sabotage ruined any real hope that my deck of flaming poo had. If anyone is interested in my flaming poop on a stick CCT deck abusing Sith Probe droid and Ket Maliss please write and I'll post it somewhere. Seriously though, it was really, really bad; I was 'in' a couple of games due to my opponent drawing a 0 for destiny at least once. I think everyone is gearing up for SC States April 10 (edited to correct) so I hope even more people show up.
Last edited by agnos on February 28th, 2010, 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boba.Fett
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by Boba.Fett »

2-0 as LS, 0-2 as DS cant say i was not surprised, as I have been playing profit for about 5-10 years now, whole DS is ever changeing and still not as good.

oh and TRM is overpowered ;) (or maybe DS space just still sucks to much)
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."
―Qui-Gon Jinn

coma
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by coma »

what i played, or saw being played

dark
HDv x2
HD
IE
CCT
Eops mains
unknown x4

light
trm
profit x2
rebel senate
HBv
dbo + agent of evil
WYSv
unknown x3
Justin

agnos

Post by agnos »

Boba.Fett wrote:oh and TRM is overpowered ;) (or maybe DS space just still sucks to much)
Nah, TRM is solid but DS space is really, really bad. For DS you really have to commit to space in deck design and hope to hold ok on ground.

As far as decks went, I think there was for DS 2 HD, 2 HDv, CCT, IE, EOPS mains, IO/ICv, BHBM, and another DS I didn't see; for LS there was TRM, WYS, WYSv, HBv, RTP, Rebel Senate, Profit x2, DBO and something else I can't remember. Overall breakdown: LS-FW x9, LS-TW x3, DS-FW x7 and DS-TW x1. So like 60% win percentage for LS; if one of the guys knew how to play HBv he likely would've done better so idk. Granted, if I played a real DS that might have been another DS win so it probably washes out at best. I did find it interesting that two players when 2-0 with dark and 0-2 with light while only one player went 2-0 with light (TW+FW) and 0-2 with dark.

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

Good day. I raise my glass of Yuengling to:

Agnos for directing this fine event and the shop owner for providing the space.
ppl from 4 different states for traveling to this
coma for losing to me even with his 63 card deck
all my opponents for good games
and to those I didn't play, hope we play next time.

cheers, clink and drink

-r dizzle
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Smoking Gungan »

agnos wrote:I think everyone is gearing up for SC States April 14 so I hope even more people show up.
april 14 is a wednesday, but assuming you mean april 17, then that is mpc weekend

agnos

Post by agnos »

While I'm thinking about it, I'd like you guys to choose 4 cards for prize support for states the 10th. My personal thoughs are Maul YA, Mace, Choke Vader and Leia Rebel Princess. Any non-UR suggestions will be taken into account.

agnos

Post by agnos »

The Smoking Gungan wrote:
agnos wrote:I think everyone is gearing up for SC States April 14 so I hope even more people show up.
april 14 is a wednesday, but assuming you mean april 17, then that is mpc weekend
Nope, I meant April 10. Just late and my brain isn't on the same page as my fingers. Thanks for the catch.

Return to “Tournaments”