SC States April 10

agnos

SC States April 10

Post by agnos »

SC States is planned for April 10 at Corner Magic Games (same store but hopefully in the new location by then) at 11:30 am to give a little more time for people travelling to grab food; note: because of the increased rounds I am going to try and start a little early. Games will be given 1 hour and 5 minutes to complete (to include time for shuffling etc.). As well, I will try to give warning marks at 20 and 10 minutes left in the round. The format will be standard constructed obviously with the new v-set 6.3/v20; 3 rounds (6 games) with a final confrontation. I will have a color copy of the v-set for the first 16 in the door who want it; as prize support Maul YA, Mace Windu, Choke Vader and Leia RP--Top 2 will get Maul/Mace and Vader/Leia will be given out randomly. So this time, hopefully few will go home empty handed. There will be a $5 entry fee to cover the cost of states and prize support. Decklists are not required, but I would ask anyone who comes to bring a decklist (for both decks) with them so I can post accurate information about what was/wasn't played (decklists will not be posted publicly or given out until after the MPC on April 14) and the overal meta breakdown.

cf
Last edited by agnos on March 27th, 2010, 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Re: SC States April 10

Post by The Smoking Gungan »

agnos wrote:SC States is planned for April 10 at Corner Magic Games (same store but hopefully in the new location by then) at 1 pm to give a little more time for people travelling to grab food; note: because of the increased rounds I am going to try and start a little early. Games will be given 1 hour and 5 minutes to complete (to include time for shuffling etc.).
how late is the store open? i don't see this finishing up earlier than 9 pm, and a 10 pm finish isn't unrealistic

agnos

Post by agnos »

The store is usually open until at least 12 and often as late as 2-3 am.

Boba.Fett
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by Boba.Fett »

we started about 1230 or 1 yesterday and where done with all the main games by 5:30. dont see it lasting until 10... maybe 8-9
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."
―Qui-Gon Jinn

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

6 games x 1:05 = 6:30 hours

i usually budget 20 minutes between rounds to let timed games finish and the pairing for the next round to be made, but even if we cut that to 15 minutes that's 15 x 6 = 1:30

budget some time at the end, say 30 mins, to distribute prize support, announce placings, and do all the other end of tourney stuff.

so that gives us 6:30 + 1:30 + 0:30 = 8:30

starting at 1 pm then means the tourney ends at 9:30 pm

and that's assuming that the top two don't play a final confrontation, because then you are looking at least another 1 to 2 hours of swccg before the top two and the TD can leave

not that it really matters though since the store will be open late enough for everything

Boba.Fett
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by Boba.Fett »

The Smoking Gungan wrote:6 games x 1:05 = 6:30 hours

i usually budget 20 minutes between rounds to let timed games finish and the pairing for the next round to be made, but even if we cut that to 15 minutes that's 15 x 6 = 1:30

budget some time at the end, say 30 mins, to distribute prize support, announce placings, and do all the other end of tourney stuff.

so that gives us 6:30 + 1:30 + 0:30 = 8:30

starting at 1 pm then means the tourney ends at 9:30 pm

and that's assuming that the top two don't play a final confrontation, because then you are looking at least another 1 to 2 hours of swccg before the top two and the TD can leave

not that it really matters though since the store will be open late enough for everything

wtf are you doing that you need 20 mins between games... 5-10 tops
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."
―Qui-Gon Jinn

agnos

Post by agnos »

Boba.Fett wrote:wtf are you doing that you need 20 mins between games... 5-10 tops
You know the policy. Don't ask. Don't tell.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

I'd definitely recommend starting earlier. Like 11 if possible. As it is people who travel will have TONS of time to drive there but very little (if any) to drive back at night.

agnos

Post by agnos »

Throdo wrote:I'd definitely recommend starting earlier. Like 11 if possible. As it is people who travel will have TONS of time to drive there but very little (if any) to drive back at night.
This is a good idea that I didn't necessarily think about. But, seeing as how the store doesn't open until 12 it may not be possible. I'll talk with Dave and see if I kick some money his way if he would open an hour early.

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

agnos wrote:
Boba.Fett wrote:wtf are you doing that you need 20 mins between games... 5-10 tops
You know the policy. Don't ask. Don't tell.
you have to wait for all the games that went to time to finish up, and with enough players there will always be a game that goes to time. then, the td has to record those results, pair the next round, readjust pairings if needed. basically whenever i want to step out at a tourney, i ask the td how much time is left in the round, add 15 or 20 minutes, and that's my target return time. since i've started doing that i've never even been close to being late for a game. time it out yourselves at your next tourney, you may be surprised. (caveat: this assumes a tourney of 10+ players)

agnos

Post by agnos »

The OP has been edited with the time change. Please do note that the tournament starts at 11:30 am not 1 pm as originally planned. For those of you planning to attend please post below :)

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

are any atlanteans attending?

coma
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by coma »

probably 2-4 from atl, and 2 from knoxville
Justin

agnos

Post by agnos »

are any atlanteans attending?
I believe that Throdo in the least is coming. Nick C-H is supposed to come too as part of the scheduling was based so that he could come. My guess is that Kevin Reitzel may come. IDK. Throdo would know better. I'm pretty sure that Pete's Posse and Mike Kessling will be coming. I'm betting 10-12 min and likely 14-16 imo.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

FYI - I am driving up with 2 people and Mike Kessling is also coming w/ at least one of his buddies. So it should be 5 from Atlanta.

So what decks should I bring to this thing??

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by _maul »

Throdo wrote:So what decks should I bring to this thing??
SWCCG (not Magic)?

;)

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

I dunno, agnos might like it if I brought magic decks. What magic decks would be good for standard constructed format??

coma
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by coma »

still at the old store location?
Justin

agnos

Post by agnos »

I don't really follow standard all that much. I'd guess that most of the decks are based on Jace, Bloodbraid or Tectonic Edge. They seem to be the most powerful cards in standard. I'd guess that something like, RGX (B for jund, W for various Naya builds) are all playable. I think the Finest Hour deck has made a big splash... idk. Vampires and Mono Red I think are all playable; I'm not so sure bout WW. Either way, bring some good fun SW decks so I can beat you ;P

It's at the new location--the email has been sent out with all the details.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

bring some good fun SW decks so I can beat you ;P
The only chance of you winning is if I bring Magic decks sucker!!

Return to “Tournaments”