Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Introducing the Boonta Eve Jawa Brawl!

Post by Corran »

Introducing the Boonta Eve Jawa Brawl!

A Jawa format league on GEMP!

The event will begin May 15th and run for 45 days!

Play 12 games, no more than one light and dark against the same opponent and all the rules for these types of leagues apply.

In other words, I wanted an excuse for folks to play in the format with the updated ban list(should be updated on GEMP soon), which is:

Dark Side:
Agents of the Black Sun
ISB Operations
Court of the Vile Gangster
Hunt Down and Destroy the Jedi
Imperial Entanglements

Light Side:
He is the Chosen One
They Have No Idea We're Coming
Yavin 4: Massassi Throne Room
This Galaxy May Need a Legend
Echo Base Operations(GEMP is not currently enforcing EBO being banned, but it's still banned.)

There will not be a match play top 8 or anything(unless this idea causes public outcry). Instead, I'll have some sort of door prizes that I give out to random participants, based on their tier.

Tier list:
12 wins - Sebulba
10 wins - Gasgano
8 wins - Ody Mandrell
6 wins - Teemto Pabalies
12 losses - Dud Bolt
Less than 12 games - Anakin Skywalker
Registered but 0 games - Ben Quadineros

Also, during May and June, I'm putting together an achievement list that could lead to other door prizes. These achievements do not have to be completed in league games, but must be within the Jawa format. Bonus points if they happen relatively naturally. I'll add to the list of achievements throughout the event. If you complete an achievement in a game, you can either post the game link here or PM it to me if you're wanting to hide your super secret tech.

1. Utinni! Win a game with a deck that has at least 4 Jawas with different card titles

2. That's a name I've not heard in a long time. Win a game with an objective that no one has used in a single major tournament listed on the PC website.

3. They blew it up! Win a game where your opponent destroys either the Hoth Main Power Generators, either Death Star, or any system.

4. There is another! Play a game(without conceding or drawing up) where a character switches side of the force that loses the game.

5. Now This is Podracing! Win a game where your opponent starts a podrace.

6. You've never won a race? Win a podrace without Anakin's Podracer or Sebulba's Podracer

7. The Planet that it's farthest from. Using regular moves, and without using docking transit, move a character between two planet sites at least 6 parsecs apart.

8. What are creature rules again? Feed a character to a creature.

9. I've killed him before... Deploy the same unique persona 5 times in one game.

10. Big numbers are fun... Draw at least 7 battle destiny in a battle.

13. Stop! He's already dead! Win without any cards in lost pile and get your opponent under 15 life force before they concede.

14. The problem with the Jawa achievement is that it's really hard to convert anyone without winning immediately. Win one game each where you turn Vader and Luke the super easy way(TIGIH and BHBM).

15. Only then a Jedi will you be. Complete all 6 Jedi tests

16. That was pretty epic! Win a game where you complete two epic events that are not mentioned in the game text of your objective or other epic event. You must actually utilize the game text in said epic events to complete this achievement. If the epic events have a goal(i.e. winning a duel, capturing someone, or blowing something up) you must complete that as well.

17. That was kind of epic I guess. Win a game where you complete two epic events. You must actually utilize the game text in said epic events to complete this achievement. If the epic events have a goal(i.e. winning a duel or blowing something up) you must complete that as well. If you play I did It, you're bad at Star Wars, but still get the achievement.

18. That sounds hard enough. Win a game after deploying and/or initiating 4 or more Epic Events.

19. He's a card player, a gambler, a scoundrel. You'd like him. Win a hand of perfect sabacc and then the game

20. There's something alive in here! Deploy 2 creatures and win the game

21. I'm here to rescue you. Free 2 characters that were captured by your opponent.

22. Resistance is futile! Force drain for more than 4 at one location

Questions that people have had:

Are there banned players?
Anyone not banned from PC events and/or GEMP may participate. Even if you are arebelspy.

What is the entry fee?
No fee! No matter what you hear from a certain very small Ewok.

How do I register?
Registration is up now on the leagues tab in GEMP! Just let me know if your GEMP name is different from your forum name!

What happens if someone tries to play a banned card?
The issue with EBO should be taken care of by May 15. If something else happens, remind the player that EBO or whatever is banned and request a game cancel. If they give you push back, feel free to refer them to this post. If you would like, you can private message me of the situation so I can tell if it's a repeat offender.

What about reverts?
Reverts are 100% the discretion of your opponent. No exceptions.

Do we have to use the same deck for the duration of the tournament, or can we switch it up?
You can, and are encouraged to, switch it up!
Last edited by Corran on June 15th, 2020, 6:21 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
ketwol wrote: There are good cards which aren't frequently played and blow people out. You just have to invest some time and be creative ;)

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Re: Introducing the Boonta Eve Jawa Brawl!

Post by fungineer »

/in
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

stephengascrub
GEMP Username: Polymers55

Post by stephengascrub »

Potentially interested. Let me know what the league registration cost is/etc. once you have everything organized Corran!
Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

stephengascrub wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 8:07 pm
Potentially interested. Let me know what the league registration cost is/etc. once you have everything organized Corran!
No cost! I'm going to donate the door prizes(which will not be impressive) from my personal SWCCG Collection! This event will coincide with me getting some extra time on my hands and hopefully organizing my massive collection. I suspect you'll see some awesome Premiere Unlimited, Jabba's Palace, and Cloud City cards! Some may even be worth a 55 cent stamp!
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
ketwol wrote: There are good cards which aren't frequently played and blow people out. You just have to invest some time and be creative ;)

seitaer
GEMP Username: seitaer

Post by seitaer »

I'm in

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Are there banned players, like last time?

Wokling
GEMP Username: ototoi

Post by Wokling »

Corran wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 8:24 pm
stephengascrub wrote:
No cost! I'm going to donate the door prizes(which will not be impressive) from my personal SWCCG Collection! This event will coincide with me getting some extra time on my hands and hopefully organizing my massive collection. I suspect you'll see some awesome Premiere Unlimited, Jabba's Palace, and Cloud City cards! Some may even be worth a 55 cent stamp!
The entrance fee is one nubian class star starship.

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

arebelspy wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 8:28 pm
Are there banned players, like last time?
This event is open to everyone who isn't banned from PC sanctioned events and/or GEMP.

Hazardville
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: Jagteq

Post by Hazardville »

I'd also be down to participate. I imagine you'll post whenever registration opens?
Justin Miyashiro

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

Wokling wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 8:35 pm
Corran wrote:
stephengascrub wrote:
lol

stephengascrub
GEMP Username: Polymers55

Post by stephengascrub »

Wokling wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 8:35 pm
Corran wrote:
stephengascrub wrote:
:lol: 8>

Edit: So in. Just need to figure out what decks to play.
Last edited by stephengascrub on April 26th, 2020, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

Hazardville wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 8:45 pm
I'd also be down to participate. I imagine you'll post whenever registration opens?
Yeah. I'll make a post, but it will just work like a regular GEMP league(quarentine league, open league, etc) where you sign up for it in GEMP. I guess since there are prizes(barely), I should keep an actual list in case there are people who use a different name on GEMP than the forums...

Can you tell I'm making this up as I go along? It's good that you guys are asking these questions, because then I can edit the OP so all the answers are there.

Thekillerkiwi
GEMP Username: killerkiwi

Post by Thekillerkiwi »

I am interested in this, should be fun.
Brandon Baity

Please support my SWCCG Documentary - https://www.gofundme.com/star-wars-ccg-documentary

Check out my Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/thenanashi

al-f
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
GEMP Username: al

Post by al-f »

I'm in

CRG
GEMP Username: CRG

Post by CRG »

Spoiler
Show
Primers and Decklist/Match up/Game Libraries for: Hyperdrive (V) and Hunt Down. Teach your kid SWCCG!

Member of:
rsersen wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm
MYWHL club

GrayChevyVan
GEMP Username: EHawbaker

Post by GrayChevyVan »

Count me in.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by fungineer »

Corran wrote:
55 cent stamp!

These went up again? I must've missed that
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by fungineer »

Corran wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 7:46 pm

2. That's a name I've not heard in a long time. Win a game with an objective that no one has used in a single major tournament listed on the PC website.
Can you tell us what these are...Just CITC, Twin Suns, DBO, and the operative ones? Does Random X planet CRv count?

Related: Please, Please, Please work with the gemp team for it to be able to have the checklist items added as a sidebar to the game. I've wanted to see a theme rules option (like those) for so long... It'd be sweet (and I'm lazy).
Image Image Image

TheLuhks
GEMP Username: Luhks

Post by TheLuhks »

fungineer wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 10:22 pm
Corran wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 7:46 pm

Can you tell us what these are...Just CITC, Twin Suns, DBO, and the operative ones? Does Random X planet CRv count?

Related: Please, Please, Please work with the gemp team for it to be able to have the checklist items added as a sidebar to the game. I've wanted to see a theme rules option (like those) for so long... It'd be sweet (and I'm lazy).
I think someone used Twin Suns once. Not sure about DBO.
FINN: I need a weapon.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by fungineer »

Is ROPs and Hyperdrive non-v on the table?
Image Image Image

Return to “Tournaments”