AR Errors / Typos thread

SWCCG Rules Q&A only.
marines28
GEMP Username: marines28

Re: AR Errors / Typos thread

Post by marines28 »

Thank you.

Steviegets112 wrote:The same 5 people are going to win consistently and there really isn't much any of you can do about it.
3MW0J8 wrote:
xblack: from now on it will be
xblack: gl/hf/nr
better damn believe it.
DTartagOne wrote: Yeah I agree with @marines28

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

Shadow 13 wrote:
August 27th, 2020, 12:10 pm
Nute Gunray (set 10) has single quotes (') around "Trade Federation" in his game text instead of double quotes (")
CPI, Lightmaker, and Yavin 4: Massassi Ruins (set 9) have single quotes (') around "blown away" in game text instead of double quotes (") - as compared to Hoth: Main Power Generators (set 10) and most Decipher printed cards (this could be a new standard from the Proofing Team, i don't know)
Scarif: Beach (set 9) has no artwork credit
Double Back (set 8) has a unique dot in the title above the card cut-out, but this is a non-unique card
Death Star: War Room (set 8) also has the single quotes around "blown away"
Jedha (set 8) has no artwork credit - maybe these are intentionally uncredited? Also has no "artwork not affiliated" disclaimer
Depa Billaba (set 7) has no single quotes around "hit" in her game text
Old Allies (set 4) does not have the word "Falcon" properly rendered in the deploy text. Since the name of the ship should be italicized, in the italics deploy text of the objective it should be in normal font, but it is italicized instead.
The Falcon, Junkyard Garbage (set 4) has the letter "f"s in the underlying card titles of Legendary Starfighter and Special Modifications not rendered properly on the pdf. They show up as X boxes. Maybe just my pdf reader?
Jakku: Starship Graveyard is missing the errata E in its lower card border
Strategic Reserves (V) still appears on the Virtual Set 4 pdf (it was blanked Dec 2019)
Deflector Shield Generators (V) in Set 3 is missing the "fl" from the word Deflector above the card and in the word along the border
Coruscant: Xizor's Palace and Xizor's Palace: Uplink Station (set 3) have no artwork credit
Xizor's Palace: Uplink Station (set 3) also appears to have a square card border
Planetary Defenses (set 3) does not have the "Cancels Program Trap" errata
Yoda, Keeper of the Peace (set 2) does not have a period after "Jedi Council member" in his lore, and "member" is capitalized.
Mace Windu (set 1) has a comma after "Zane Thorp" below the game text box
Naboo: Theed Palace Hallway (set 1) has an E on the border for Errata, but I can find no difference between the current version of the card and the version I downloaded on 3/19/2017 that does not have the E on the border. I can also find no reference in the Current Rulings threads (current or archived) mentioning an errata. However, the Scomp Link app does show the card having 2 Episode1 icons.
The Republic No Longer Functions and Vote Of No Confidence (set 0) do not have an Episode 1 icon, but the underlying cards do so they probably should
Your Ship? (V) (set D) is not found on the Master pdf, the Virtual Set 0 pdf, or any other pdf I checked except for the Errata Sheet 2019 addendum
Would be very convenient if the "Virtual Set D" cards were all on their own pdf, since they have a different set icon than the rest of Virtual Set 0. Not really a typo though...
Count Dooku (set 0) has an E for errata on the card border, but I find no record of an errata to him. He even appears identical to the Legacy version on the cardlist link here
Blaster Rifle (dark) (set 0) has a unique dot before the card title above the virtual slip.
Anger, Fear, Aggression (set 0) is missing a comma in the card title above the virtual slip.
Put That Down (set 0) does not have single quotes around the word " hit " in its game text (weapons and [PW] cards usually don't have the single quotes, but other cards do)
Done for now. these are the typos I found in all of the current individual Virtual Sets. Note that I did not review the Master pdf or the Official AI pdf.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=76314

AR page 6-9, Immune to Attrition Example #3 has a scenario where it is stated that "Plead My Case To The Senate" and "Sometimes I Amaze Even Myself" are both involved in the same game, which is impossible.

The example is easily corrected by replacing Plead My Case To The Senate with the DS mirror, "My Lord, Is That Legal?"
Greg Zinn

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

Appendix B mentions "Yavin IV Sentry" but the card title is simply "Yavin Sentry"
Greg Zinn

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

Typically, the AR uses an actual diamond symbol. However, in some locations they use the <> brackets instead. These should be replaced to be consistent.
Found on page 9-1, 9-11, B-9, and B-11.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by fungineer »

Page 9-10 Shows the related symbol after Planet and Space for systems. It does not, however, show the icon for mobile on page 9-11 in the same section.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

Chapter 9 "Icons" shows the old brownish "Errata" icon. This icon is no longer used, and older cards that had it on their v-slip or errata slip have had it replaced with the "E" in the bottom right corner.
Greg Zinn

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by fungineer »

From Hayes.
On page 7-1 It states :
See Regular – Sector Movement - Clouds.
It should just say:
See Regular – Sector Movement
Image Image Image

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

fungineer wrote:
October 29th, 2020, 11:46 pm
From Hayes.
On page 7-1 It states :
It should just say:
Can someone provide a screenshot? My page 7-1 just says "See Regular – Sector Movement"
Greg Zinn

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Gergall wrote:
October 31st, 2020, 10:41 pm
fungineer wrote:
October 29th, 2020, 11:46 pm
From Hayes.
On page 7-1 It states :
It should just say:
Can someone provide a screenshot? My page 7-1 just says "See Regular – Sector Movement"
Mine says without cloud on the bullet point one, but the final sentence on the page says clouds.

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

Thanks, that explains it!

I'm incorporating latest rulings and typo fixes into upcoming AR version.
Greg Zinn

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

A batch of small AR errors:

1. We Have A Prisoner Appendix B entry implies that DS is required to seize the captive. Like any capture action, DS can capture and choose the "escape" option to send a character to used pile.

2. On the persona list we have "Rey (refers to the female scavenger from Jakku)". This could be misconstrued as saying that all versions of Rey have the scavenger characteristic, so some other description might be better. Open to suggestions.

3. App B entries for BHBM and MWYHL say "The deployment modifiers for the Emperor and Luke on the 0 side of this Objective only apply when those characters are being deployed from the player's Reserve Deck."
Just to prevent rules lawyering when using some other card to deploy Emperor or Luke from Reserve deck, the last few words really should be "deployed from the player's Reserve Deck using this objective."

4. Very minor phrasing error:
OLD: Also, the phrase 'up to X' cannot exceed the number of cards...
FIX: Also, in the phrase 'up to X', X cannot exceed the number of cards

5. Another phrasing error:
OLD: Dark Side cards like Lando Calrissian and Lobot that reference being 'replaced'...
FIX: Cards like Dark Side Lando Calrissian and Lobot that reference being 'replaced'...
(without this fix, this sentence about replacement could not apply to LS cards, but it should)

6. In April 7 2018 Current rulings, we introduced a concept that only exists while retargeting cards (using Surprise/mirror and very little else, retargeting is super rare). That concept being a primary target vs a secondary target. We went too far and added mention of this concept to some other places where it doesn't belong (Nabrun/Elis examples). Primary/Secondary targets do not exist except when dealing with retargeting, so should not be mentioned outside of the entries specifically about retargeting.
Greg Zinn

Hazardville
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: Jagteq

Post by Hazardville »

Gergall wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 7:25 pm

2. On the persona list we have "Rey (refers to the female scavenger from Jakku)". This could be misconstrued as saying that all versions of Rey have the scavenger characteristic, so some other description might be better. Open to suggestions.
Is there a need to distinguish Rey? She's the main character of the sequel trilogy, I would think she doesn't really need clarification, especially since, for most of the movies, her full name is "Rey" so it's not even like clarifying Chewie or something. If anything, perhaps just "not to be confused with Tazminder Rey" is sufficient?
Justin Miyashiro

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by fungineer »

Hazardville wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 7:40 pm
(the main character of the sequel trilogy...not to be confused with Tazminder Rey)
sounds good to me.
Image Image Image

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

Rey (refers to the Force-using female from Jakku)
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

Shadow 13 wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 10:15 pm
Rey (refers to the Force-using female from Jakku)
Appreciate Hazard's suggestion as well but we decided to go with this one. Thanks to both of you for suggesting!
Greg Zinn

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

AR Page C-3 has an example where Hoth is blown away. Note that the phrase "we begin the steps" refers to a list of steps earlier in the article, but it's not relevant to this error/typo anyway. I've bolded the portions I am focused on.
Blown Away - Example 1 - Hoth
The Death Star, with a Superlaser on it, is in orbit
around the Hoth system. Currently Haven and A Day
Long Remembered are deployed on that system and
there are two X-Wings there; there is also a Clouds
deployed to Hoth. The Main Power Generators, Ice
Plains, and Echo Med Lab are all on table
, with a
Snowspeeder at the Ice Plains. The Dark Side plays
Commence Primary Ignition, following the instructions
on the card. After the calculations are done the results
indicate that Hoth is blown away, so we begin the steps:
1) A Day Long Remembered indicates it's relocated, so
we relocate it to opponent's side of table; 2) it is not a
site, so we move on; 3) Force loss is 12, because there
are six blue icons at Hoth locations
(the 8 loss of the
Main Power Generators is not applied because we
aren't blowing away that site, we're blowing away the
system), note that this loss is only because Hoth is a
Rebel Base, that if it were Bespin or Sullust there would
be no Force loss; 4) All the Hoth sites (and the sector)
and cards on them are lost, as is Haven; 5) flip the Hoth
system; 6) we continue with the card, which says it is
now lost; 7) no automatic actions are triggered; 8) no
just actions are initiated.
I'll assume Hoth is the LS copy with 2 blue icons. Also I can confirm that it is correct to count the blue icon on the Cloud sector. That still only gets us to 5 blue icons, right?

Wondering if I'm missing something or the example miscounted.
Greg Zinn

Hazardville
GEMP Username: Jagteq

Post by Hazardville »

Gergall wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 10:12 pm
AR Page C-3 has an example where Hoth is blown away. Note that the phrase "we begin the steps" refers to a list of steps earlier in the article, but it's not relevant to this error/typo anyway. I've bolded the portions I am focused on.
Blown Away - Example 1 - Hoth
The Death Star, with a Superlaser on it, is in orbit
around the Hoth system. Currently Haven and A Day
Long Remembered are deployed on that system and
there are two X-Wings there; there is also a Clouds
deployed to Hoth. The Main Power Generators, Ice
Plains, and Echo Med Lab are all on table
, with a
Snowspeeder at the Ice Plains. The Dark Side plays
Commence Primary Ignition, following the instructions
on the card. After the calculations are done the results
indicate that Hoth is blown away, so we begin the steps:
1) A Day Long Remembered indicates it's relocated, so
we relocate it to opponent's side of table; 2) it is not a
site, so we move on; 3) Force loss is 12, because there
are six blue icons at Hoth locations
(the 8 loss of the
Main Power Generators is not applied because we
aren't blowing away that site, we're blowing away the
system), note that this loss is only because Hoth is a
Rebel Base, that if it were Bespin or Sullust there would
be no Force loss; 4) All the Hoth sites (and the sector)
and cards on them are lost, as is Haven; 5) flip the Hoth
system; 6) we continue with the card, which says it is
now lost; 7) no automatic actions are triggered; 8) no
just actions are initiated.
I'll assume Hoth is the LS copy with 2 blue icons. Also I can confirm that it is correct to count the blue icon on the Cloud sector. That still only gets us to 5 blue icons, right?

Wondering if I'm missing something or the example miscounted.
Maybe it means Main Power Generators V to get to 6?
Justin Miyashiro

Return to “Rules Questions”