Grotto ruling

SWCCG Rules Q&A only.
JarJarDrinks

Grotto ruling

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Grotto Werribee (v) wrote:The two destinies drawn using this card are triggered during the weapons segment when the opponent declares their destiny adding to power or attrition. The destiny that is chosen to subtract from the opponent's total power and attrition is also chosen at this time, and the value is remembered until it is required in the power segment. This is an exception to the normal timing of modifying total power and attrition.
What happens when the destiny is mandatory and doesn't need to be declared? For example:
Overseer wrote:May add Harc as a pilot. During battle, adds one destiny to total power. If a Dark Jedi or Sith was just deployed to a related site, may deploy a related location from Reserve Deck; reshuffle. Immune to attrition < 4 (< 6 at Bespin).

dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

JarJarDrinks

Re: Grotto ruling

Post by JarJarDrinks »

bump
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

This is under review by the rules team.
Greg Zinn

Lukes Bionic Hand
Retired Advocate
Location: A realm of existence so far beyond your own you cannot even imagine it

Post by Lukes Bionic Hand »

I have posted an updated version of the Grotto ruling that should fix the issues caused by the first one. Now Grotto/Phylo trigger whenever the opponent's added destiny is first initiated, whether that is in the weapons segment (for cards like Luke Strong in the Force) or in the power segment (for cards like Overseer).

Ruling here: /viewt ... 63#p903618
The Smoking Gungan wrote:worf plays for canada even though that team has no honor and plays dirty
Image Image

Return to “Rules Questions”