Question about "Houjix & Out of Nowhere"

SWCCG Rules Q&A only.
TheBastirous
Starter
Starter

Question about "Houjix & Out of Nowhere"

Post by TheBastirous »

I know that "Houjix" is considered a dejarik because of the lore text. On the card "Houjix & Out of Nowhere" there is no lore. This would lead me to think that the combo card does not count as a dejarik, because there is nothing on the card that states it is a dejarik. Is my interpretation correct?

I could not find any specific mention to this in the advanced rules book one way or another. I also did not find any hits with searches on the forum or on search engines, so my gut says that because the card does not say it is a dejarik, the card is not one. I only ask because it would be lovely to be able to pull it with cards like "Escape Pod & We're Doomed."

vhstapes

Re: Question about "Houjix & Out of Nowhere"

Post by vhstapes »

TheBastirous wrote:I know that "Houjix" is considered a dejarik because of the lore text. On the card "Houjix & Out of Nowhere" there is no lore. This would lead me to think that the combo card does not count as a dejarik, because there is nothing on the card that states it is a dejarik. Is my interpretation correct?

I could not find any specific mention to this in the advanced rules book one way or another. I also did not find any hits with searches on the forum or on search engines, so my gut says that because the card does not say it is a dejarik, the card is not one. I only ask because it would be lovely to be able to pull it with cards like "Escape Pod & We're Doomed."
You assumed correctly, combo is not a dejarik.
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

Gergall

Re: Question about "Houjix & Out of Nowhere"

Post by Gergall »

vhstapes wrote:
TheBastirous wrote:I know that "Houjix" is considered a dejarik because of the lore text. On the card "Houjix & Out of Nowhere" there is no lore. This would lead me to think that the combo card does not count as a dejarik, because there is nothing on the card that states it is a dejarik. Is my interpretation correct?

You assumed correctly, combo is not a dejarik.
Confirmed by rules team :thumbup:

You can think of this as an intentional downside to the combo card. Decipher left in various little incentives to still consider playing the non-combo versions of most cards.
Greg Zinn

Return to “Rules Questions”