SYCFA - Does Light Side go first?

SWCCG Rules Q&A only.
mopo922
Starter
Starter

SYCFA - Does Light Side go first?

Post by mopo922 »

When playing Set Your Course For Alderaan, you deploy Death Star at the beginning of the game, whose text says “If this is your starting location, light side goes first.” Does that apply here, since technically you played an Objective instead of a starting location?

Gergall

Re: SYCFA - Does Light Side go first?

Post by Gergall »

When SYCFA deploys Death Star, it is not considered a "starting location" so its text does not trigger.

Dark Side will go first, unless of course something else happened that would cause LS to go first (Yavin 4 Throne Room).
Greg Zinn

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

@Gergall are you sure, as techmically SYCFA is "starting" the Death Star as one of its locations, which by extension, makes it a "starting location."
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

3MW0J8 wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 12:24 am
@Gergall are you sure, as techmically SYCFA is "starting" the Death Star as one of its locations, which by extension, makes it a "starting location."
@3MW0J8 that is a great point, lets check the bottom left quadrant of page 2-2 of the Star Wars Customizable Card Game Advanced Rulebook PDF so that we can resolve this issue with absolute certainty.
Page 2-2 of the Star Wars Customizable Card Game Advanced Rulebook PDF wrote:Starting Location
Location revealed by a player during Step A.2 of starting the game. A player with an Objective does not have a starting location (locations deployed by Objectives are not starting locations).
I believe that this clarification should resolve the question for you.
Greg Zinn

mopo922
Starter
Starter

Post by mopo922 »

There it is, written in ink :-D

Thanks @Gergall

It does make sense because SYCFA gives the light side Alderaan (0-1) to help balance out the 3-0 Death Star location.

Return to “Rules Questions”