East Nationals

retwin316
LS Region: Corellia

East Nationals

Post by retwin316 »

Got some info ready!

Location: Gamerz. 1140 N. SR 135, Suite A, Greenwood, IN 46142. Very close to Indianapolis.

Date: July 17th and 18th

TD: Jacob Adams

Start time for main event on Saturday: Registration starts at 10 am the and main event will start at 11.
Start time on Sunday: Starts promptly at Noon.

Deck lists required for East Nationals.

Info: Entry fee for East Nats will be 20 $, 5 $ from each player will go to the PC to cover prize support, and 5 $ from each will more than likely go to the store which will be given back to us in store credit.

Entry for Indiana States will be 10-15 $ (just need to make sure we get enough to cover package + trophy) with 5 $ from each most likely going to the shop again, each player will get that 5 $ back in credit from the shop.

Saturday: East Nationals. 6 games of swiss with SOS as the tiebreaker. Top 4 will match play immidietly after swiss.

Sunday: Indiana States. 6 games of swiss with SOS as the tiebreaker. Final confrontation between top 2.

Prizes:

East Nationals:

2 byes into day 2 of Worlds
Trophy for the winner
V card design for winner
Cash for top 4
Old school SWCCG shirt (random non top 4 player)
Rares for all
2 AI's
50 $ Travel voucer for worlds
4 tournament foils (random players)
1 foil epp maul and qui gon (last 2 places)
12 random packs
1 limited edition premier starter deck (random non top 4 player)
pins + posters
2 master list printouts

Indiana States:

Trophy for winner
1 bye into day 2 of Worlds
Cash for top 2 (after the Indiana States package is covered)
Random rares for all others

There also might be a 5 $ fee taken out of each players entry that will go to the shop, but if that happens, the store owner has told me in the past that he would give us that back as store credit. That store credit will be divided up between the top 2 or we can use Reid's idea if the majority of people attending want that.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
Last edited by retwin316 on July 7th, 2010, 10:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

retwin316

Re: East Nationals

Post by retwin316 »

I am not sure if anyone else from Indy will be providing this service, but I will be available to pick up players at the airport. If you will need a ride, please let me know, and try and talk to anyone else who might be coming so that I do not have to make a ton of trips. The airport is still 45 mins from my house so I am hoping I only need to make a couple trips. :)

I will also be able to house some people for the event. The card store is around 20-25 mins from my house.

So as people figure out plans, feel free to pm me, facebook message me, email me, etc. Email is retwin316@hotmail.com.

Hope this is a big event. :)

Oh, and SoCal, remember when I came to SD for your event? Hope that is sufficient enough bribery on my part. :-p

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

retwin316 wrote:
Sunday top 4: Same decks will be used for both days. Start time will be 12 pm. Match play for top 4.
wait, so the top 4 cant change their decks for day 2?
Jerry H

Image Image

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

No, same decks. It would be a one day event like the year before, but since the finals didn't even get played till the next day last year, and the same thing happened for our regional. The top 4 is on sunday due to time, and such.

quesosauce37

Post by quesosauce37 »

retwin316 wrote:No, same decks. It would be a one day event like the year before, but since the finals didn't even get played till the next day last year, and the same thing happened for our regional. The top 4 is on sunday due to time, and such.
interesting
Jerry H

Image Image

The Franchise
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Franchise »

sounds like a neat event. sadly i probably wont make it.

good luck with everything. gamerz is a good store

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

retwin316 wrote:Sunday top 4: Same decks will be used for both days. Start time will be 12 pm. Match play for top 4.
Worst idea ever?
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

The Franchise
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Franchise »

3MW0J8 wrote:
retwin316 wrote:Sunday top 4: Same decks will be used for both days. Start time will be 12 pm. Match play for top 4.
Worst idea ever?
idk about that

regards,

pretty much anything ben roethlisberger does

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

3MW0J8 wrote:
Worst idea ever?
Why is that the worst idea ever?

Aglets
Retired Advocate

Post by Aglets »

Well in his defense, it is a lot more comfortable to ride around without a helmet.
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

quesosauce37

Post by quesosauce37 »

retwin316 wrote:
3MW0J8 wrote:
Worst idea ever?
Why is that the worst idea ever?
I think its a bad idea because lets say i somehow lucked into top 4 using a deck that will auto lose to my first round opponent in top 4, so now i have to show up and play my auto loss? This also means people have to play decks that are good for sos/swiss and matchplay at the same time, not the easiest task. I say let people change decks for day 2, let the players make more decisions.
Jerry H

Image Image

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

i wouldnt say it's the worst idea ever (any more than a tourney where they cut to top 4 and play it right away with the same decks is terrible), but it does encourage and benefit those who scout more and/or have more friends at the event

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

If you assume that people will be actively scouting or making sure they have more friends there to scout better. Maybe I am the only one not really interested in scouting. Sure I may watch a game, but besides maybe 1-2 different cards per deck, if I see someone using a Huntdown v for example, I am pretty much going to know what cards are in that deck.

I am not interested enough to try and figure out every single card in someones deck, but I guess there might be people who are.

Also, why does there need to be more decisions for people to make? Nationals are basically the same as regionals, and those don't allow for deck changing. I don't see the big deal between playing the same decks for a day 2, and like I said, it isn't even a day 2. How about we just simplify things and make it 8 games with top 4 right after the swiss.

The day 2 is there for allowing people to go out to dinner and hang out rather than just grind out another 2 match play games right after the 8 games of swiss. East Nationals last year was 6 games and top 4 match play, and by the time the 6 games were over, people wanted a break, and the top 4 left for dinner anyways. The finals was not even played till the next day. At our regional the same thing happened, and the finals was decided to be played the next day.

So like I said, don't think of it as a day 2. Think of it as holding the top 4 till the next day so that people aren't forced to try and play another 4 games when they are exhausted and hungry.

hawkeyespf
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by hawkeyespf »

retwin316 wrote:So like I said, don't think of it as a day 2. Think of it as holding the top 4 till the next day so that people aren't forced to try and play another 4 games when they are exhausted and hungry.
To-may-to, to-mah-to.

I'm planning on being there, and even though I'm seriously not likely to be affected by this, I still am not a fan of the top 4 not getting to change up their decks for Sunday.

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

hawkeyespf wrote:
retwin316 wrote:So like I said, don't think of it as a day 2. Think of it as holding the top 4 till the next day so that people aren't forced to try and play another 4 games when they are exhausted and hungry.
To-may-to, to-mah-to.

I'm planning on being there, and even though I'm seriously not likely to be affected by this, I still am not a fan of the top 4 not getting to change up their decks for Sunday.

Would you rather it be 6 games of swiss and a top 4 playoff all in the same day? So there is no day 2?

punkbear
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by punkbear »

retwin316 wrote:
hawkeyespf wrote:
To-may-to, to-mah-to.

Would you rather it be 6 games of swiss and a top 4 playoff all in the same day? So there is no day 2?

i like your idea bfred. hata's gotta hate.
Do you take your hands and face off before you go to bed?

Jabba Shirt guy, sometimes (I found my Shawn Valdez shirt!!).

"Raul stole everyones U-3PO's"
put this in your sig if Raul stole all your U-3PO's

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

family reunion that weekend, else i'd totally be in. sorry bfred
-Keith Brown

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

So anyways, we have 1 person who says he is coming? Is that really all the interest there is?

Would more people come if you could change decks for day 2? Is anyone planning on traveling from out of state for this?

The Franchise
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Franchise »

retwin316 wrote:So anyways, we have 1 person who says he is coming? Is that really all the interest there is?

Would more people come if you could change decks for day 2? Is anyone planning on traveling from out of state for this?
tbh id be more likely to come if it was a 1 day event

we have done east nats the last 2 years as a 1 day same decks event, and they were the 3rd biggest events some yrs after worlds/mpc (or maybe 4th, not sure on mn states last yr)

so ppl seem to be ok w/it

quesosauce37

Post by quesosauce37 »

retwin316 wrote:
i think you are stuck in a hard choice here

like a one day event might entice more people who drive (guys from minnesota, michigan, ohio, even maybe east coasters could make it) but you wont get many people who would have to fly out to come due to it being not worth the trip for just a 1 day thing, i dont envy you being stuck with dealing with this issue
Jerry H

Image Image

Return to “2010 Eastern Nationals - Greenwood, IN - July 17 & 18, 2010”