East Nats info

retwin316
LS Region: Corellia

East Nats info

Post by retwin316 »

Got some info ready!

Location: Gamerz. 1140 N. SR 135, Suite A, Greenwood, IN 46142. Very close to Indianapolis.

Date: July 17th and 18th

TD: Jacob Adams

Start time for main event on Saturday: Registration starts at 10 am the and main event will start at 11.
Start time on Sunday: Starts promptly at Noon.

Deck lists required for East Nationals.

Info: Entry fee for East Nats will be 20 $, 5 $ from each player will go to the PC to cover prize support, and 5 $ from each will more than likely go to the store which will be given back to us in store credit.

Entry for Indiana States will be 10-15 $ (just need to make sure we get enough to cover package + trophy) with 5 $ from each most likely going to the shop again, each player will get that 5 $ back in credit from the shop.

Saturday: East Nationals. 6 games of swiss with SOS as the tiebreaker. Top 4 will match play immidietly after swiss.

Sunday: Indiana States. 6 games of swiss with SOS as the tiebreaker. Final confrontation between top 2.

Prizes:

East Nationals:

2 byes into day 2 of Worlds
Trophy for the winner
V card design for winner
Cash for top 4
Old school SWCCG shirt (random non top 4 player)
Rares for all
2 AI's
50 $ Travel voucer for worlds
4 tournament foils (random players)
1 foil epp maul and qui gon (last 2 places)
12 random packs
1 limited edition premier starter deck (random non top 4 player)
pins + posters
2 master list printouts

Indiana States:

Trophy for winner
1 bye into day 2 of Worlds
Cash for top 2 (after the Indiana States package is covered)
Random rares for all others

There also might be a 5 $ fee taken out of each players entry that will go to the shop, but if that happens, the store owner has told me in the past that he would give us that back as store credit. That store credit will be divided up between the top 2 or we can use Reid's idea if the majority of people attending want that.
Last edited by retwin316 on July 7th, 2010, 10:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Airdog2003

Re: East Nats info

Post by Airdog2003 »

Cool. Is there any way we could change decks for day 2 or is there some reason why that wouldn't be okay?
Kevbozzz wrote: And he rose out of the ashes of scrubdom, like a mighty Phoenix.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!
Props to my Lakers - 2009 & 2010 World Champions...suck it Boston!

Image Image

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

Airdog2003 wrote:Cool. Is there any way we could change decks for day 2 or is there some reason why that wouldn't be okay?
East Nats has not allowed deck changes the past 2 years. This really isn't a 2 day event as much as it was a way for people to not have to play when they were exhausted/hungry.

You remember last year right? People went out to eat after the 6 games, and then the finals wasn't even played till the next day.

So that was the intention of having the finals on sunday, but I would not be totally against deck changes.

I am trying to gather information so that I can set it up so that it garners the most interest.

There is a poll going to be started soon. This format is not set in stone. The only part that is is SOS.

Pistone84

Post by Pistone84 »

I dislike same decks for both days.

The Franchise
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Franchise »

hmm, i might actually be able to make this. crazy!

Airdog2003

Post by Airdog2003 »

B-Fred,

Are you considering running an event on Friday night? I didn't see anything posted but figured it doesn't hurt to ask.
Kevbozzz wrote: And he rose out of the ashes of scrubdom, like a mighty Phoenix.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!

Image Image

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

Airdog2003 wrote:B-Fred,

Are you considering running an event on Friday night? I didn't see anything posted but figured it doesn't hurt to ask.
Hmmm, I did not consult with the store owner, but I can get ahold of him and ask if people are interested.

I do not know peoples availability on friday. Since I am likely the only person from Indiana who will be available to pick people up at the airport, I am not sure if having a Friday event will be possible. :(

Things may change leading up to the event, but as of now, I don't think it is possible. I will figure out for sure as things get more sorted out.

bri46228
Starter
Starter

Post by bri46228 »

I am getting back into the game after a 10+ year abscence, and have never played in a tournament before. Do i have to qualify for this tourney or do I simply show up?

Brian

coma
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by coma »

just show up
bri46228 wrote:I am getting back into the game after a 10+ year abscence, and have never played in a tournament before. Do i have to qualify for this tourney or do I simply show up?

Brian
Justin

GhettoLeader
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by GhettoLeader »

b Fred.....can i crash with u if i go??
ferrrrshizzle!

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

retwin316 wrote:There also might be a 5 $ fee taken out of each players entry that will go to the shop, but if that happens, the store owner has told me in the past that he would give us that back as store credit. That store credit will be divided up between the top 2.
I dunno if this is a crazy idea, but if $5 from every entry goes to store credit, would there be any way we could just give every player $5 store credit?

Cuz like, for me, or any player who feels confident they might make top 2, say there's 30 players, and I make top 2. So I get what, $75 store credit? I couldn't spend $75 in a card store if I tried.

For any player who stands a lesser chance of making top 2, that's 5 bucks out of their entry fee that they essentially get back, in product. New sleeves, a pack from another game they play, some candy bars, whatever. Sweet deal!

For the store, he's making out with at LEAST 5 bucks a head, and probably more! Cuz ppl will take their 5 dollar individual credit and find some stuff they want that comes out to 10, or 20, or 50 bucks, and the shop profits more.

Only drawback: you need to find a way to keep track of who is registered for the tourney, and who has spent their credit already. So maybe when you register, you get like a coupon or something?
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

Kevbozzz
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Kevbozzz »

One of you photoshop wizards should print up some Fred Funds, aka $5 card store vouchers graced with Bfred's presidential portrait.

Come to think of it, you might be better off holding on to those. The store makes five bucks of pure profit, and you make several hundred on eBay. Everyone wins!!!

In Fred we trust.

/shouldn't post stuff this late.
Check out ShanCast, my SWCCG podcast! Past episodes can be found at www.spreaker.com/user/shancast, or via the Spreaker app (search for #SWCCG).

ImageImageImage
3MW0J8 wrote:If DBO comes back again I swear I will quit for good.
DDM wrote:All hail Kevin Shannon!! :rimshot
3MW0J8 wrote:holy balls KSBOOTMFY
Schele wrote:I guess you're not as bad as I thought you were.

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

3MW0J8 wrote:
retwin316 wrote:There also might be a 5 $ fee taken out of each players entry that will go to the shop, but if that happens, the store owner has told me in the past that he would give us that back as store credit. That store credit will be divided up between the top 2.
I dunno if this is a crazy idea, but if $5 from every entry goes to store credit, would there be any way we could just give every player $5 store credit?

Cuz like, for me, or any player who feels confident they might make top 2, say there's 30 players, and I make top 2. So I get what, $75 store credit? I couldn't spend $75 in a card store if I tried.

For any player who stands a lesser chance of making top 2, that's 5 bucks out of their entry fee that they essentially get back, in product. New sleeves, a pack from another game they play, some candy bars, whatever. Sweet deal!

For the store, he's making out with at LEAST 5 bucks a head, and probably more! Cuz ppl will take their 5 dollar individual credit and find some stuff they want that comes out to 10, or 20, or 50 bucks, and the shop profits more.

Only drawback: you need to find a way to keep track of who is registered for the tourney, and who has spent their credit already. So maybe when you register, you get like a coupon or something?
I like the idea Reid. We will have to hear others thoughts on it also.

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

Kevbozzz wrote:One of you photoshop wizards should print up some Fred Funds, aka $5 card store vouchers graced with Bfred's presidential portrait.

Come to think of it, you might be better off holding on to those. The store makes five bucks of pure profit, and you make several hundred on eBay. Everyone wins!!!

In Fred we trust.

/shouldn't post stuff this late.
lol?

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

Top of page info updated.

Here is the decision involving structure. It will be 6 games of swiss, and a top 4 match play after on saturday, and Indiana States will be held on sunday.

Friday I am not likely going to be able to go to the shop, but I could probably get a poker game rounded up if people are interested.

If anyone has any other questions, just let me know.

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Smoking Gungan »

retwin316 wrote:I could probably get a poker game rounded up if people are interested.
interested

Airdog2003

Post by Airdog2003 »

retwin316 wrote:Top of page info updated.

Here is the decision involving structure. It will be 6 games of swiss, and a top 4 match play after on saturday, and Indiana States will be held on sunday.

Friday I am not likely going to be able to go to the shop, but I could probably get a poker game rounded up if people are interested.

Are we allowing deck switches between the 6 game swiss and the top 4 match play? I am assuming not since it's the same day but thought I'd ask just to be sure.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!

Image Image

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

Airdog2003 wrote:
retwin316 wrote:Top of page info updated.

Are we allowing deck switches between the 6 game swiss and the top 4 match play? I am assuming not since it's the same day but thought I'd ask just to be sure.
There will not be deck changes.

Hope you can make it. I feel as though we need to work on our relationship. I have not felt the love lately. :)

fishfleas

Post by fishfleas »

I'm fine with all people keeping the 5 store credit, but just for the record, this store has a TON of board games, and if anyone is interested they can spend the credit on games of some sort... Not impossible...

At the same time though, CCGers don't always enjoy normal old board games.

BFred,

Does the owner know how big this event could potentially be? BTW, we might be able to get the owner some banners/posters to put up to promote the event. I'm working on getting them for an event at Gen Con, but if I got them early, I could probably let them hang at least one of them up for a bit before the E. Nationals.

You think that would be cool?

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

fishfleas wrote:I'm fine with all people keeping the 5 store credit, but just for the record, this store has a TON of board games, and if anyone is interested they can spend the credit on games of some sort... Not impossible...

At the same time though, CCGers don't always enjoy normal old board games.

BFred,

Does the owner know how big this event could potentially be? BTW, we might be able to get the owner some banners/posters to put up to promote the event. I'm working on getting them for an event at Gen Con, but if I got them early, I could probably let them hang at least one of them up for a bit before the E. Nationals.

You think that would be cool?
Sure, you could do that.

And yes, he knows. I told him anywhere from 10-30. He was ok with it.

Return to “2010 Eastern Nationals - Greenwood, IN - July 17 & 18, 2010”