Poll

What should the format be for Eastern Nationals

8 games of swiss and a top 4 match play on sunday. Deck changes would be allowed if it will increase the number of people attending.
33%
6 games of swiss and a top 4 match play after the main event. With Indiana States on sunday.
43%
I am not going but couldn't help from voting
24%

Total votes: 42

retwin316
LS Region: Corellia

Poll

Post by retwin316 »

So it looks like I have 2 options I can go with, and would love to hear what people think.

Option 1: 8 games of swiss and a top 4 match play on sunday. Deck changes would be allowed if it will increase the number of people attending.

Option 2: 6 games of swiss and a top 4 match play after the main event. With Indiana States on sunday.

Let me know what people think please. Please only post if you are planning on attending the event.

AnakinSolo
Retired Advocate

Re: Poll

Post by AnakinSolo »

do you want an actual poll setup?
Well, Bye.

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

MAVanDriel wrote:do you want an actual poll setup?
Sure, you could do that. :)

Thanks man.

Bane Slader

Post by Bane Slader »

SOS for the pairings?
Driven up and down in circles
Skidding down a road of black ice
Staring in and out storm windows
Driven to a fool's paradise

From the song "Driven" by Rush

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

Bane Slader wrote:SOS for the pairings?
SOS is for tiebreakers. The pairings will be done as they always are.

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

ummm, are you sure you didn't mess up the poll? The 3rd option doesn't matter, and you can pick 2???

The Franchise
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Franchise »

brian fred just run the event the way it has been run. if people arent good enough at swccg to win a top 4 with the same deck that got them thru swiss, then f em i say

Airdog2003

Post by Airdog2003 »

Brad Eier wrote:brian fred just run the event the way it has been run. if people arent good enough at swccg to win a top 4 with the same deck that got them thru swiss, then f em i say
I don't think it's a matter of "not being good enough to win" I just tend to think that it's fun to have the option of switching decks in between days...especially cause then you get to the play the "well maybe he'll play this deck so I should play ____ but wait, what if he plays this one game. " Also, I think it gets boring sometimes playing the same deck all weekend long. Just my two cents. Really, I'm okay with whatever the majority feels is best and whatever gets more people to come out to the event...though I do think that if we are going to do same deck for top 4 than we should just run top 4 on the same day and do Indy states the following day so more people can get byes and have the options of switching it up.
Kevbozzz wrote: And he rose out of the ashes of scrubdom, like a mighty Phoenix.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!
Props to my Lakers - 2009 & 2010 World Champions...suck it Boston!

Image Image

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

Airdog2003 wrote:
Brad Eier wrote:brian fred just run the event the way it has been run. if people arent good enough at swccg to win a top 4 with the same deck that got them thru swiss, then f em i say
I don't think it's a matter of "not being good enough to win" I just tend to think that it's fun to have the option of switching decks in between days...especially cause then you get to the play the "well maybe he'll play this deck so I should play ____ but wait, what if he plays this one game. " Also, I think it gets boring sometimes playing the same deck all weekend long. Just my two cents. Really, I'm okay with whatever the majority feels is best and whatever gets more people to come out to the event...though I do think that if we are going to do same deck for top 4 than we should just run top 4 on the same day and do Indy states the following day so more people can get byes and have the options of switching it up.
All that maybe he will do this maybe he will do that stuff also leads to less sleep and more worrying, neither of which is fun! Don't we do enough of that trying to figure out the decks we will use for the 6-8 games of swiss? Why isn't that enough.

Also, some people probably don't have multiple decks they feel like playing, and might not even have time or interest enough in trying to scheme for multiple days of deck decisions.

I certainly understand why some people would like to be able to change decks, but it isn't like it is the clear cut best way to go.

I myself would like to be able to relax and hang out with folks, rather than spend the entire night playing guessing games with what decks I should use the next day.

Pistone84

Post by Pistone84 »

Since this is the most usless poll ever created my answer is this.

8 games swiss day 1.
Top 4 match play the following day, can switch decks between the days.

Day 2, a 6 game Indiana states for those who did not make the top 4.

Malix Solosar
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Malix Solosar »

I agree with Mr. Pistone.

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

Pistone84 wrote:Since this is the most usless poll ever created my answer is this.

8 games swiss day 1.
Top 4 match play the following day, can switch decks between the days.

Day 2, a 6 game Indiana states for those who did not make the top 4.
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

I will keep this open until next friday, and then the information will all be finalized.

The Franchise
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Franchise »

i can't go unless the whole main event is on saturday. i would say its a 50/50 chance i go if the main event is sat. 0% chance if it spills into sunday

red_5ccg
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by red_5ccg »

I probably won't be able to make anything on Sunday, but then again, there's a 0% chance that I'll make top 4 so it's no big deal.

The Franchise
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Franchise »

red_5ccg wrote:I probably won't be able to make anything on Sunday, but then again, there's a 0% chance that I'll make top 4 so it's no big deal.

theres lot of people who have no shot at the top 4 who are voting. like me! but seriously, we have now two players who cant play on sunday

The Honky Tonk Man

Post by The Honky Tonk Man »

I might make this if I quit my job that week. I'd be inclined to just do a Saturday event. Two day events just bog things down too much.

sjacree
GEMP Username: Plagueis

Post by sjacree »

I am hoping to be there, but making it Sunday as well would be difficult.
-Seth Acree, Compiler of Legacy Flex Cube, designer of Seth's Virtual Expansion, creator of Death March (legacy) and BHBM Skulls decktypes, Breaker of Dark Waters combo (legacy), former-CBT Member, former-Design team, best player in West Africa and...
Image Image
Throdo wrote:You're the most creative deckbuilder I know.

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

Ok, so I forgot to look friday to see what the total was, and now it is tied.

So, I mean I am not sure what to do.

Since the poll was kind of worthless, and I don't trust annoymous voting on this site. Hows about if people who are planning on attending can post and let me know what would make them more interested.

Only thing I can think of to do. Please only post if say there is a 90 % chance you are coming. I have no idea how many votes were people just voting for the hell of it.

sjacree
GEMP Username: Plagueis

Post by sjacree »

I am planning on attending. East Nationals on Saturday (only 6 games with final confrontations) would be my preference. I would hate to do well and not be able to make Sunday (especially since I am driving 8 hours to get there).
-Seth Acree, Compiler of Legacy Flex Cube, designer of Seth's Virtual Expansion, creator of Death March (legacy) and BHBM Skulls decktypes, Breaker of Dark Waters combo (legacy), former-CBT Member, former-Design team, best player in West Africa and...
Image Image
Throdo wrote:You're the most creative deckbuilder I know.

Return to “2010 Eastern Nationals - Greenwood, IN - July 17 & 18, 2010”