decklists

The Franchise
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Re: decklists

Post by The Franchise »

fleas:

good idea. and, in an ideal world, we wouldnt need taxes, cause people would just help out neighbors when they need it, and welfare queens would go get a job.

but in the real world, swccg players are secretive. it is what it is. the game is better off with more info dissemination- but, individual players benefit more from being secretive

there are only a few events a year that matter, and except worlds and the mpc they have 30 or less people, so people arent just gonna randomly spill the beans

fishfleas

Post by fishfleas »

They will if they see this as just something we are doing for fun, which is what it is. If people treat it the way it should be treated, then the community would be more attractive as a whole and the game would probably even grow.

It doesn't make sense to compare it to taxes and so forth... that is something you are forced to do. This is something we are doing for enjoyment, and if we don't enjoy it we'll leave. So we should be positive and looking at how we can positively impact the game and not driving it down.

It's a mindset and someone has to be the example and steup up to the plate. People are followers, if one person with enough pull is an example people will follow suite.

The Franchise
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Franchise »

fishfleas wrote:They will if they see this as just something we are doing for fun, which is what it is. If people treat it the way it should be treated, then the community would be more attractive as a whole and the game would probably even grow.

It doesn't make sense to compare it to taxes and so forth... that is something you are forced to do. This is something we are doing for enjoyment, and if we don't enjoy it we'll leave. So we should be positive and looking at how we can positively impact the game and not driving it down.

It's a mindset and someone has to be the example and steup up to the plate. People are followers, if one person with enough pull is an example people will follow suite.
good luck getting a top tier player to just randomly reveal their secrets for no reason.

fleas, i know you mean well, but your ideas are too idealistic and simply wont happen.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

We could just institute a new rule:
The fishfleas rule - "No deck may be played at a championship event if it hasn't been posted on the pc site at least 2 weeks in advance."

:splat:

Really though, I try to post decks when I come up with fun ones. Its just that not many cards have come out recently that have made me try to build fun decks instead of competitive ones. Or maybe its just the tournament season and I'm not focusing on fun decks? Something like that...

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

fishfleas wrote:I think the community just needs to be more open and less secretive about decks.
I still believe that the lack of decks being posted has less to do with people being "secretive" and more to do with people just not caring about the game much anymore. I don't see any reason for players to be more secretive now than they had been in years past (when a LOT more decks were posted). But I DO see reasons for players to care less about the game now than in years past, so it makes perfect sense to me that they wouldn't make the time to post their decks anymore. Just like I don't make time for it anymore.
mikefrench wrote:i'm an idiot who can't control himself.

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

I fully support Aarons idea. I really think we should only require the winners decks to be posted (or maybe top 2).
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

JarJarDrinks wrote:I fully support Aarons idea. I really think we should only require the winners decks to be posted (or maybe top 2).
Why would you punish people for winning? That doesn't make sense either. Besides, if someone wins the event with a cookie-cutter HD, but someone took 4th out of 20 people with a crazy numbers-sabacc loop or something, I would think you'd want to see the latter much more.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

speaking purely as a member of the cbt i appreciate decklists being posted because it allows me to more thoroughly vet possible issues
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

imrahil327 wrote:
JarJarDrinks wrote:I fully support Aarons idea. I really think we should only require the winners decks to be posted (or maybe top 2).
Why would you punish people for winning? That doesn't make sense either. Besides, if someone wins the event with a cookie-cutter HD, but someone took 4th out of 20 people with a crazy numbers-sabacc loop or something, I would think you'd want to see the latter much more.
OK. You convinced me. I don't think ANY decklists should be posted.
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Well, I disagree. :)
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

JakeA
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by JakeA »

I haven't made it to a scanner yet, but here are the decklists. Attribute any irregularities in them to my typos rather than the players.
Attachments
East Nats Decks 2010.pdf
(142.03 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
East Nats Decks 2010.pdf
(142.03 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
-Jake Adams, Numpty

retwin316
LS Region: Corellia

Post by retwin316 »

Are these lists correct? I am pretty sure I used 2 force field v.

Oh, my dark list was 59 cards. Nevermind. ;)

JakeA
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by JakeA »

Damn it, I thought I'd counted all the decks correctly.
-Jake Adams, Numpty

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

JakeA wrote:Damn it, I thought I'd counted all the decks correctly.
It's cool man, you went above and beyond what you needed to as the TD. I hope that other TD's from events with no deck lists can take notice of this and realize they don't have to have scanner to post some deck lists. Just takes a little extra work.

I commend you again for two very well run events, and for getting deck lists up in a timely fashion while having no scanner. TD of the year in my eyes. Thanks for making these events terrific and an awesome time.

The Franchise
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Franchise »

yeah jake adams, for years really, has been the man holding it all together for the indy crew. while fred pimps the events quite well, jake makes sure that they are all run competently, correctly and fairly.

td of the year is imo always one of if not the most important awards each year, and i would agree that jake certainly deserves consideration for it this year (for his services not only this year but over the years, kind of like kobe's MVP was a lifetime achievement award)

oh and the decklist thing, wow jake adams. what a beast

hopefully now the rest of the tds in the country will do, ya know, what they are supposed to

mr007agent

Post by mr007agent »

retwin316 wrote:Are these lists correct? I am pretty sure I used 2 force field v.

Were you really playing with Episode I Coruscant?
Michael Richards
Rogue 84
PC Volunteer
Shadow 43 - Dantooine Flight Leader
http://omega.uta.edu/~mhr7680/dantooineswccg.html
-007-
ImageImage

sjacree
GEMP Username: Plagueis

Post by sjacree »

JakeA wrote:I haven't made it to a scanner yet, but here are the decklists. Attribute any irregularities in them to my typos rather than the players.
Thanks for posting!
-Seth Acree, Compiler of Legacy Flex Cube, designer of Seth's Virtual Expansion, creator of Death March (legacy) and BHBM Skulls decktypes, Breaker of Dark Waters combo (legacy), former-CBT Member, former-Design team, best player in West Africa and...
Image Image
Throdo wrote:You're the most creative deckbuilder I know.

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

mr007agent wrote:
retwin316 wrote:Are these lists correct? I am pretty sure I used 2 force field v.

LOL, no.

Just saw that, shame on you Jake, SHAME!

Bane Slader

Post by Bane Slader »

Good God man! Did you type those out yourself sir? These are the best looking decklists I have ever read. Now it will be easier than all to tech for BFred this weekend. Thank you.
Driven up and down in circles
Skidding down a road of black ice
Staring in and out storm windows
Driven to a fool's paradise

From the song "Driven" by Rush

JakeA
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by JakeA »

retwin316 wrote:
mr007agent wrote:

LOL, no.

Just saw that, shame on you Jake, SHAME!
Looks like I missed giving you a deck list error then :p. You wrote "Coruscant ep 1" on your decklist. The Force Field, however, is my fault. I still intend on getting these scanned. Hopefully tomorrow, take my
mind of putting my dog to sleep today.
-Jake Adams, Numpty

Return to “2010 Eastern Nationals - Greenwood, IN - July 17 & 18, 2010”