World Class Decks of 2010

thehooky
LS Region: Endor

World Class Decks of 2010

Post by thehooky »

This is to post decks you had seen, used, played against and hear about at worlds.
What was the most used for light and dark?
Lets get some chatter going. :epic:

MasterJediAdam
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Re: World Class Decks of 2010

Post by MasterJediAdam »

Don't know if this is the case or not, but According/EOps is good. Have been experimenting with an According AOBS as well, and the AOBS never wins, and the EOps always does.
ImageImage

agnos

Post by agnos »

What's the start? Establish Control v, Ni CHuba and Endor Shield

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Usually Aratech v.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

agnos

Post by agnos »

A remake of the EOPS ATST walker deck? Doesn't make sense when you can pull Aratech w/ ESBv but IDK. I really can't wait to see the decklists.

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Oh, you might be right then. I dunno, I didn't get to watch any full games of the deck.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.

MasterJediAdam
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by MasterJediAdam »

I would assume Endor Shield(V) and Ni Chuba Na!?(V) and something else, depending on the deck. That would give you a 7/1 start unless they are playing RST.

Of course with a simple pull first turn for ESB and then Aratech(V) it is easily a 7/0 in a hurry, plus whatever else they do. This would give options for either ground and space. Additionally, once you flip, you take out one of the legs of the WYS platform: drawing more than one destiny in battles.
ImageImage

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

i played against one of those eops with wys and i swear they ended up with like 10 effects on table! endor shield, aratech, combat resp, esb, ominous, ni chu, incon losses. it was a close match but i didnt put on enough early pressure and lost by single digits. giving up literally no generation from 3 battlegrounds is pretty ridiculous.
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

Farmer Bob
DS Region: Coruscant
DS Region: Coruscant

Post by Farmer Bob »

Heh, reminds me of the original Weather Vane[v] and the Weather Vane[v] deck Lingrell made. It started Cloud City or Bespin and a site or whatever (forget if it was CR[v] timeframe or not) and through like 3 effects would generate like 10-12 force on its own with giving LS 1 force. I don't think it had any bg's/non-bg's outside of one CC site or something.

thehooky

Post by thehooky »

At Endor Reg this year, I had EOPS palpy start with Destroyers, It was brutally fast with mad activation! If light side gave me any activation, I would drop Executor to fondor move it over, then shuttle Palpy aboard and make the flashship Immune to attrition with that cool immediate effect. It was super fast and strong!! it was more of a fun deck but works beautifully!

MasterJediAdam
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by MasterJediAdam »

thehooky wrote:At Endor Reg this year, I had EOPS palpy start with Destroyers, It was brutally fast with mad activation! If light side gave me any activation, I would drop Executor to fondor move it over, then shuttle Palpy aboard and make the flashship Immune to attrition with that cool immediate effect. It was super fast and strong!! it was more of a fun deck but works beautifully!
Yeah, this is basically something like what I do with the build I have as well.
ImageImage

thehooky

Post by thehooky »

so what were the top 16 decks? not the card lists(they will be out later) I mean the platforms?

retwin316
LS Region: Corellia

Post by retwin316 »

agnos wrote:What's the start? Establish Control v, Ni CHuba and Endor Shield
TA started inc losses v, ni shuba v, and endor shield v, except against trm and maybe sonn v where they switched ni shuba v for decree v.

My eops used both starts, and only started emperor Vs trm and sonn v. I started ni shuba v and establish control v, and a 3rd depending on match.

MasterJediAdam
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by MasterJediAdam »

On day three there were five profit decks from what I could tell ... for better or for worse.

I cannot speak for the entirety of SWCCG-dom, but in the online league this year, I played against more WYS than any single other decktype. It remains a solid platform. In the words or Brady Moore, the 2010 Bespin regional champion, "it's real simple - play two guys with smuggler in lore; battle. Win."

And I would say that even with all of the hate that is out there for it, it is still challenging to defeat.
ImageImage

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

I think usually if you drop two smugglers and battle, you lose rather than win. ;)

Aglets
Rules Advocate

Post by Aglets »

I will go out on a limb right here, right now.

The Team Albany EOPS deck will emerge as THE top deck from worlds this year, certainly the top dark deck. To put it simply, it just doesn't lose games. It chokes, it damages well, it's got GREAT tricks, def one of the best decks I've seen in awhile.

Profit can give it a rough time (especially with Merc Sunlet (V) or so i've heard) but I think it's def winnable.
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

The 2/2 deck should beat it most of the time.

Although I'm probably going to say that for any dark deck you bring up.
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

Aglets wrote:I will go out on a limb right here, right now.

The Team Albany EOPS deck will emerge as THE top deck from worlds this year, certainly the top dark deck. To put it simply, it just doesn't lose games. It chokes, it damages well, it's got GREAT tricks, def one of the best decks I've seen in awhile.

Profit can give it a rough time (especially with Merc Sunlet (V) or so i've heard) but I think it's def winnable.

Sure, now we all just need to find some At-st cannons, good luck with that!

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

retwin316

Post by retwin316 »

Meto wrote:The 2/2 deck should beat it most of the time.

Although I'm probably going to say that for any dark deck you bring up.
Your deck will shift the meta greatly though. I see a lot of vader betrayer in our future, and he seems like he should give this deck huge issues.

Props on an amazing deck, but with amazing decks, comes hard core teching, and I am wondering if this deck can stand up to hd and hd v with that vader in it. Will be really tough for sure.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

Aglets wrote:I will go out on a limb right here, right now.

The Team Albany EOPS deck will emerge as THE top deck from worlds this year, certainly the top dark deck.
Do you have a list?

Return to “2010 Worlds - Philadelphia, PA - August 12-15, 2010”