World Class Decks of 2010

Airdog2003

Re: World Class Decks of 2010

Post by Airdog2003 »

retwin316 wrote:
Meto wrote:The 2/2 deck should beat it most of the time.

Although I'm probably going to say that for any dark deck you bring up.
Your deck will shift the meta greatly though. I see a lot of vader betrayer in our future, and he seems like he should give this deck huge issues.

Props on an amazing deck, but with amazing decks, comes hard core teching, and I am wondering if this deck can stand up to hd and hd v with that vader in it. Will be really tough for sure.
Yeah, the 2/2 deck is about as bad as the 3/2 deck but a little worse vs Maul YA and now there's betrayer vader so that helps even the joyous mains on mains action. I had a feeling Kyle was gonna wreck house this year. The 2/2 deck such a newb crusher 'cause a lot of times they can't stand up to the early pressure the drain of three puts on...and its not like the deck puts a whole lot on the table so good luck drain racing! If you spread thin, 2/2 will rain jedi on you. If you tank up, you're just dedicating more cards and life force to put you behind in the drain race...it really is quite stupid. Even kyle himself agrees that a fully immune jedi with a triple destiny saber threatening a drain of three on turn 0 of the game SHOULDN'T be possible.

Kevbozzz wrote: And he rose out of the ashes of scrubdom, like a mighty Phoenix.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!
Props to my Lakers - 2009 & 2010 World Champions...suck it Boston!

Image Image

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

Airdog2003 wrote:If you spread thin, 2/2 will rain jedi on you. If you tank up, you're just dedicating more cards and life force to put you behind in the drain race...
Unless you tank up right in his face, AT his starting site. In other words, the deck seeks to make its starting location the "key battleground" that I've talked about before. Which is something that is very bad for the game. The original 3/2 deck was one of the all-time worst offenders in this category, and it shouldn't really surprise anyone that IITFYS(v) continues to lead to nothing but trouble. I've been trash-talking the card ever since v12 released (and of course granted it the #1 spot on my 20 Dumbest Cards in SWCCG Countdown) and still we can't get rid of the damn thing.*

*Except in the Base Set Format, of course! :)
mikefrench wrote:i'm an idiot who can't control himself.

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

i havent played the matchup yet but im convinced my day 2 deck (hdv build a vader) beats the 2/2 deck. it gives me 2 icons which is enough to drop vader or galen on my first turn. vaders cape v should kill yoda with weapon dest plus 1. i wanna try the matchup though.
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

mr007agent

Post by mr007agent »

puck71 wrote:i havent played the matchup yet but im convinced my day 2 deck (hdv build a vader) beats the 2/2 deck. it gives me 2 icons which is enough to drop vader or galen on my first turn. vaders cape v should kill yoda with weapon dest plus 1. i wanna try the matchup though.
I am with you John. I think build a vader rolls it, but like Aaron said mains vs mains is just one big random luck box of a game.
Michael Richards
Rogue 84
PC Volunteer
Shadow 43 - Dantooine Flight Leader
http://omega.uta.edu/~mhr7680/dantooineswccg.html
-007-
ImageImage

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

not to mention the 2/2 site makes everyone defense value -1. I think you both just keep dying in a bloodbath all day.

Sorry about the mess indeed.

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

qasur

Post by qasur »

gogolen wrote:not to mention the 2/2 site makes everyone defense value -1. I think you both just keep dying in a bloodbath all day.

Revenge of the Sith for the win, oh wait... At least you get the Lego Vader one.

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

qasur wrote:
gogolen wrote:not to mention the 2/2 site makes everyone defense value -1. I think you both just keep dying in a bloodbath all day.

Revenge of the Sith for the win, oh wait... At least you get the Lego Vader one.
vaders cape v gives the plus 2 defense and immunity just like revenge of the sith does (when with mains at least). it doesnt have the anti-poa text but in its place it makes weapon dest draws plus 1 which i think is better.

yes mains on mains at the night club will be a bloodbath, but the force loss from hdv should help swing it. it does depend on if either side can get any big beats in though.
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

The Quick
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by The Quick »

I am still a bigger fan of WYS, Profit or big drains in space as opposed to the night club though. That's just my two cents, but what the hell do I know? I am only the world champion from sealed deck last year and the runner-up from this year with the glass to prove it. I went 2-1 with light with a DQ for not having the correct list and not playing with a full deck. That is the joke I will be able to live with. Just standing here on my two feet calling it like I see it.

- Nick Jones

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

don't forget the world championship of sitting in a corner by yourself
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

The Quick
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by The Quick »

Not sure what you mean. Most of the time I wasn't playing I was talking to Derek Brooks or other players. Who are you? I didn't mean to intimidate you into not introducing yourself.

- Nick Jones

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

The Quick wrote:I didn't mean to intimidate you into not introducing yourself.
You should check your totem 'cos you might be dreaming...

The Quick
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by The Quick »

jimli wrote:
The Quick wrote:I didn't mean to intimidate you into not introducing yourself.
You should check your totem 'cos you might be dreaming...
Totem pole -

Meaning and purpose

From left to right, the One-Legged Fisherman pole, the Raven pole, and the Killer Whale pole in Wrangell, Alaska.
The meanings of the designs on totem poles are as varied as the cultures that make them. Totem poles may recount familiar legends, clan lineages, or notable events. Some poles celebrate cultural beliefs, but others are mostly artistic presentations. Certain types of totem poles are part of mortuary structures, and incorporate grave boxes with carved supporting poles, or recessed backs for grave boxes. Poles illustrate stories that commemorate historic persons, represent shamanic powers, or provide objects of public ridicule. "Some of the figures on the poles constitute symbolic reminders of quarrels, murders, debts, and other unpleasant occurrences about which the Native Americans prefer to remain silent... The most widely known tales, like those of the exploits of Raven and of Kats who married the bear woman, are familiar to almost every native of the area. Carvings which symbolize these tales are sufficiently conventionalized to be readily recognizable even by persons whose lineage did not recount them as their own legendary history." (Reed 2003). House front poles were meant to show the success of the families.
Totem poles were never objects of worship. The association with "idol worship" was an idea from local Christian missionaries, who would have seen their association with Shamanism as being an occult practice. The same assumption was made by very early European explorers, but later explorers such as Jean-François de La Pérouse noted that totem poles were never treated reverently; they seemed only occasionally to generate allusions or illustrate stories and were usually left to rot in place when people abandoned a village.

Totem poles at the Museum of Anthropology at the University of British Columbia.
Vertical order of images is widely believed to be a significant representation of importance. This idea is so pervasive that it has entered into common parlance with the phrase "low man on the totem pole." This phrase is indicative of the most common belief of ordering importance, that the higher figures on the pole are more important or prestigious. A counterargument frequently heard is that figures are arranged in a "reverse hierarchy" style, with the most important representations being on the bottom, and the least important being on top. Actually there have never been any restrictions on vertical order, many poles have significant figures on the top, others on the bottom, and some in the middle. Other poles have no vertical arrangement at all, consisting of a lone figure atop an undecorated column.

I am not saying I am at the top of the totem pole or anything however. Jim Li is the man though and one of the players I did indeed talk to.

- Nick Jones

Bane Slader

Post by Bane Slader »

Seems like a lot of players had COTVG decks on day 2. I wonder how they did with them. Profit does seem on the rise.
Driven up and down in circles
Skidding down a road of black ice
Staring in and out storm windows
Driven to a fool's paradise

From the song "Driven" by Rush

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

Bane Slader wrote:Seems like a lot of players had COTVG decks on day 2. I wonder how they did with them. Profit does seem on the rise.
Well since no one else has commented on this...

I know of 6 players who played court but maybe there were more. 4 Atlanta players (who played my version posted on the main page under Player Decks), Vikram Bali, and Casey Anis (who used a version of Vikram's which is posted in the decks section). I don't know how it did for Vikram and Casey. Their version is mains and starts the Emperor I guess?

My version is Scum and starts AO&WW v, which is surprisingly good. Its a fairly hard deck to play and 2 of the Atlanta players should have played decks they were more comfortable with since they hadn't tested it much. Mike Kessling and I both had played it a lot coming up to worlds and it did well for us. 4-0 for me and 2-1 for him (hmm I thought it was 3-1 but I guess he dropped before his last game). Mike's loss was against the 2/2 deck, which is a hard matchup, but also I played against Harpster playing that deck on Sunday and won, so I don't think its unbeatable. The best players we played were myself against Dan Kim and Mike against Brian Fred. Also Chris Twigg (who made day 3) lost his first game to Nick Culpepper playing it. So it had some real solid wins.

I played against:
HB v speeders
WHT v
TIGIH
QMC

I don't know what any of the other atl players played it against.

It is interesting you mention Profit. I would have liked to play it against ktod profit to test the deck vrs a great profit player, but that pairing just didn't happen for me although I was close to the top tables with them all day. In testing it beats profit fairly well, but I would have liked the ktod challenge at worlds to find out for sure.

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

Throdo wrote:
Bane Slader wrote:Seems like a lot of players had COTVG decks on day 2. I wonder how they did with them. Profit does seem on the rise.

I know of 6 players who played court but maybe there were more. 4 Atlanta players (who played my version posted on the main page under Player Decks), Vikram Bali, and Casey Anis (who used a version of Vikram's which is posted in the decks section). I don't know how it did for Vikram and Casey. Their version is mains and starts the Emperor I guess?

My version is Scum and starts AO&WW v, which is surprisingly good. Its a fairly hard deck to play and 2 of the Atlanta players should have played decks they were more comfortable with since they hadn't tested it much. Mike Kessling and I both had played it a lot coming up to worlds and it did well for us. 4-0 for me and 2-1 for him (hmm I thought it was 3-1 but I guess he dropped before his last game). Mike's loss was against the 2/2 deck, which is a hard matchup, but also I played against Harpster playing that deck on Sunday and won, so I don't think its unbeatable. The best players we played were myself against Dan Kim and Mike against Brian Fred. Also Chris Twigg (who made day 3) lost his first game to Nick Culpepper playing it. So it had some real solid wins.

I played against:
HB v speeders
WHT v
TIGIH
QMC

It is interesting you mention Profit. I would have liked to play it against ktod profit to test the deck vrs a great profit player, but that pairing just didn't happen for me although I was close to the top tables with them all day. In testing it beats profit fairly well, but I would have liked the ktod challenge at worlds to find out for sure.

looks like a cool deck dude. id imagine the profit court matchup is a fricking bloodbath. I think you have a good matchup against profit though. But its hard to say, we had a bunch of decks that we were like well this will beat profit and it never quite worked out the way it seemed it could. profit is very good with working with very few resources.

The Quick
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by The Quick »

Throdo wrote:

I played against:
HB v speeders
WHT v
TIGIH
QMC

I don't know the specifics but I favor the deck with more activation unless you're playing a system in cotvg. Ships from reserve is what makes this deck better than other options. List Please?

- Nick Jones

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

The Quick wrote:I don't know the specifics but I favor the deck with more activation unless you're playing a system in cotvg. Ships from reserve is what makes this deck better than other options. List Please?
list

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

Court sucks.

I played against 3 Court decks in my trek thru the sea of jizz day 2 and trounced them all by 20+. The deck just doesn't do any damage. The gameplan against most decks seemed to be, pile 50 dudes in the Audience Chamber and Elis and/or hope the opponent gets pestered enough by the meager 1 ping damage from the Objective to come down and try to fight you. Doesn't sound like a recipe for success to me.
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

yeah i have to agree...how do you do any damage if they leave you alone?

The Quick
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by The Quick »

Throdo wrote:
The Quick wrote:I don't know the specifics but I favor the deck with more activation unless you're playing a system in cotvg. Ships from reserve is what makes this deck better than other options. List Please?
list
How much do you activate a turn off of your stuff alone? I've always seen Imperial Supply played for quick early activation in Court. I would be sure to play with maybe not that but for sure Lateral Damage. Against any light side space deck you're playing scum and since you can pretty much attack them with your space fleet anytime you want you can keep retrieving them against stuff like HB or WYS. Against Profit they have to come to you and in the QMC match-up you can Elis guys over if need be or go to cloud city.

This deck is awesome, not awful. It has it's drawbacks, but so does every DS deck right now.

- Nick Jones

Return to “2010 Worlds - Philadelphia, PA - August 12-15, 2010”