Day 2 final standings?

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Day 2 final standings?

Post by gogolen »

Are these posted somewhere? I want to look at some more data for SoS and see whats going on there.

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Re: Day 2 final standings?

Post by mikefrench »

some interesting things to consider when you do your SoS data:

how would have 2 victory points for timed wins affected standings?
how would eliminating ls/ds rounds (and just requiring each player play each side 4 times) affected games 7/8 in particular? (basically there were a LOT of 6-2 players which is uncommon, was it this way because of the ls/ds round requirement?)
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

mikefrench wrote:some interesting things to consider when you do your SoS data:

how would have 2 victory points for timed wins affected standings?
how would eliminating ls/ds rounds (and just requiring each player play each side 4 times) affected games 7/8 in particular? (basically there were a LOT of 6-2 players which is uncommon, was it this way because of the ls/ds round requirement?)
SoS doesn't affect either of these things though

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

is does because most proposed SoS changes include

1) timed wins becoming 2 victory points instead of 1
2) eliminating mandated ls/ds rounds and requiring all players to simply play each side 4 times (so theoretically you could play ls 4 times in a row then ds 4 times in a row, however unlikely).

the ls/ds round thing would eliminate pairing top rated players down in the second game of each ls/ds round.
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

Are we ever going to get these?
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

spideyguy0 wrote:Are we ever going to get these?
I was able to rescue the command cards, so yes they will be posted when I get a chance.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

Cool Chris. I couldn't find them, so I was hoping you had them. I do have about 12+ drops from Day 2 though, so that will help you.
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

mikefrench wrote:is does because most proposed SoS changes include

2) eliminating mandated ls/ds rounds and requiring all players to simply play each side 4 times (so theoretically you could play ls 4 times in a row then ds 4 times in a row, however unlikely).

the ls/ds round thing would eliminate pairing top rated players down in the second game of each ls/ds round.
ahhh...SoS hasn't been played with those changes, so if they're part of the proposed changes, it's insider information or something i missed. people were discussing them at the same time as SoS, but they were never posted publicly as being included in the switch to SoS (and I don't see why they would be either, they're separate issues)

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

if sos was to indeed keep timed wins at 1 victory point then this years worlds was not impacted by diff at all (in terms of who made day 3) as all all 8 day'er had 12 or more points and 9th place had 11. First time in the last four years where there hasnt been a 5-3 with huge diff that snuck in.

I also feel like this year there wasnt someone who sort of back doored it. everyone in the top 8 played someone else in the top 8 on day 2 (chu played baroni and sokol 2x, baroni played chu and sokol 2x, sokol played baroni 2x, chu 2x, twig played krueger, i played aaron, baroni played kim too etc).

A couple people were up at the top tables and didnt make it (murray, shaw, olsen but they lost either their last game or like games 6 and 7 or soemthing.

it worked out this year...not saying it will always hold true.

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

imrahil327 wrote:
I was able to rescue the command cards, so yes they will be posted when I get a chance.
was this posted from atlantic city???
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

puck71 wrote:
imrahil327 wrote:
was this posted from atlantic city???
No, it was posted when I got back ;)

Scott, thanks, I noticed I didn't have them all, glad you got the stragglers.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.

PapaLorax

Post by PapaLorax »

I think #1 is a good idea. But can see people having a point on either side of the argument and would opt for "not changing" the current system if people wanted to maintain that system.

I think #2 complicates a system that people already understand for no discernible benefit. I still really don't understand this concept. The idea I threw out would simply require the TD to keep track of people who were "paired down" and have others paired down in future rounds instead of the same person. Frankly, I don't even think that is necessary.

The biggest change would have been the fact that pairings wouldn't have been the same with SOS -- because they would have been random within the VP standings instead of determined by differential.
Terron wrote:Can't we settle this like real virgins?

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

I don't think #2 is true at all. That idea appears to be unpopular even among proponents of SoS. And I doubt that ANY proponent of SoS (even the few who believe that #2 is the right way of doing things) would say "let's just stick to differential then" if #2 wasn't going to happen. They would all still support the switch to SoS.
mikefrench wrote:i'm an idiot who can't control himself.

puck71

Post by puck71 »

Hunter is mostly right. Also, there would be no circumstance where you could play the same side 4 times in a row, under "my" plan. There would still be a max of two games in a row with the same side. They could just happen in any set of two games, not just 2-3, 4-5, and 6-7.
John Anderson

retwin316
LS Region: Corellia
LS Region: Corellia

Post by retwin316 »

allstarz97 wrote:if sos was to indeed keep timed wins at 1 victory point then this years worlds was not impacted by diff at all (in terms of who made day 3) as all all 8 day'er had 12 or more points and 9th place had 11. First time in the last four years where there hasnt been a 5-3 with huge diff that snuck in.

^ :( :(

puck71

Post by puck71 »

What's the ETA on getting final results and command cards posted for Day 2?
John Anderson

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

puck71 wrote:What's the ETA on getting final results and command cards posted for Day 2?
I just got home yesterday, and I still need the drops from Scott. Hold yer horses plz.

puck71

Post by puck71 »

No problem.
John Anderson

kcaton

Post by kcaton »

9th through 12 was Michael Richards, Justin Montgomery, Jonathan Murray, and Brian Fred, but that's as far down as I announced when day 2 ended.

The Quick
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by The Quick »

What about the sealed deck/ iron man /candy land tournament?? Do I place high anywhere in those Kim?? Yep!!!!!!! :lol:

- Nick Jones

Return to “2010 Worlds - Philadelphia, PA - August 12-15, 2010”