Decks

Throdo

Decks

Post by Throdo »

So what decks should I play at this?? I have done no testing since Worlds.

macgyver221
LS Region: Dagobah
LS Region: Dagobah
Holotable username: Macgyver221
GEMP Username: macgyver1

Re: Decks

Post by macgyver221 »

Apparently HD and profit.

sjacree
GEMP Username: Plagueis

Post by sjacree »

I was thinking you should pull your cube out. Draft 60 cards per side and there you go. :)
-Seth Acree, Compiler of Legacy Flex Cube, designer of Seth's Virtual Expansion, creator of Death March (legacy) and BHBM Skulls decktypes, Breaker of Dark Waters combo (legacy), former-CBT Member, former-Design team, best player in West Africa and...
Image Image
Throdo wrote:You're the most creative deckbuilder I know.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

sjacree wrote:I was thinking you should pull your cube out. Draft 60 cards per side and there you go. :)
Hmm... I think playing Court counts for this!

For dark I guess I could still play Court, although I figure people will be gunning for it. If not that then SYCFA, which I think should have made a big impact at worlds but people just chose not to play it for some reason (speaking of which, did anybody play it day 2?).

For light I am stumped though. Dark has a lot of good options and its hard to find something that can take them all. I did have one really cool idea involving Tauntaun Bones, but that can't be a solid deck competitively can it??

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

I think there were maybe 3 SYCFA decks on day 2 of Worlds.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

coma
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by coma »

hunter said he would have played sycfa if he went so maybe 3+ him then?
Justin

stephen1185
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by stephen1185 »

Hey Jonathan. Since I can't go, I'm overloaded with grad school, I'll give my two cents.

I think that SYCFA(v), Walkers/Hoth CR(v), Court, HD, HD(v), and EOPS will see play for DS. LS probably will be TRM, WYS, Sonn (v), Profit, Rebel Senate, and QMC.

I think that Rebel Senate, which can enforce Menace Fades and do a lot of other silly things has pretty good matchups in this meta. Also WYS, with lots of testing, is solid. I good player should be able to keep Menace Fades up pretty often and would probably want to run Han's Toolkit anyways. I actually don't like Profit now, since it lets so many decks enforce Battle Order at will, which is bad. Idk....

For DS I'd lean towards EOPS or Court. I'm probably weird in that sense, since most people like HD and HD(v) right now. I just hate playing decks that are weak in space.

I guess too a good Galatic Domination deck could show up. I think it has a lot of potential but a great version hasn't shown up at a major event yet. And that can screw WYS over, as people in other threads have said.

If I were going and going for all the marbles...I'd probably play...

DS: EOPS/Court
LS: Rebel Senate/WYS

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

Sucks you won't be there Stephen! I ended up finding some interesting decks for tomorrow... we'll see if they are any good though!

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

I think TRM is going to see a pretty big drop-off. The consensus from worlds seemed to be that it's pretty terrible right now.
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

No surprise there. There have been so many trm counters made recently and not much else to go in its favor.

Return to “Dragon Con- September 3-6, 2010”