2011 Worlds Schedule

Post by imrahil327 »

August 11

Worlds Cube Qualifier
Event Starts at 4:30 PM
-$10 Entry Fee
-$3 discount for Premium Members
-Open to all players
-Six Games (play each side 3 times - draft twice)
-45 Minute Timed Games
-2 Day Two byes available to two best swiss scores

Reflections I/Cloud City Draft (May be replaced by a similar event if a more palatable option presents itself)
Event Starts at 10:00 PM
$12 Entry Fee
-Open to all players
-Four Games
-Each player will draft 4 packs of Reflections I and 3 packs of Cloud City

August 12

Worlds Last-Chance Qualifier: Worlds 1998 Format
Event starts at 10:00 AM
-$20 Entry Fee
-$5 discount for Premium Members
-Open to all players
-Worlds 1998 Format- Use only cards from Premiere to Special Edition, plus the six original EPPs (All rules and errata since then will be in place). SPECIAL EXCEPTION: Cards with 'operative' in title are banned for this event.
-Six Games Swiss Pairings
-2 Byes for Worlds 2011 will be given ($20 additional will be collected from the winners of these byes)
-Other prizes TBA

Worlds Day 1- Open Format
Event starts at 4:30 PM
-$40.00 Entry Fee
-$5.00 discount for Premium Members
-Open to all players not holding an automatic bid to Day 2
-Open Constructed Deck Format
-Top 50% advance to Day 2 (minimum 4 players)
-Other prizes TBA

Worlds Team Tournament
Event Starts at 5:30 PM
-$20.00 Entry Fee per Team
-Team Format (Two players per team, each player assigned one side)
-4 Games. You will be paired against another team and scores recorded on a Team command card.
-Automatic bids into Day 2 of 2011 (or 2012 if already qualified) World Championships for the top team
-Other prizes TBA

Ironman Sealed Deck (May be replaced by a similar event if a more palatable option presents itself)
Event Starts at 10:00 PM
-$11 Entry Fee
-Single Elimination
-This sealed-deck format adds new meaning to the word "lost." Whenever a card is lost, placed out of play or discarded, you must physically destroy it! Tear it in half, roll it into a ball, eat it - whatever! The catch: you must play with all of the cards that you are given, and if you drop early from the tournament, you must forfeit all of your cards. Each player will be given the following product: 1 Premiere OTSD and 3 packs of Jabba's Palace. The winner of each game will be given an additional pack.
-4 Games

August 13

Worlds Day 2
Event starts at 10:00 AM
-$40.00 Entry Fee
-Entry Fee waived for players advancing from Day 1
-Open to all players qualified for Day 2
-Eight Games
-Top eight players advance to Day 3

Reflections III Sealed
Event starts at 5:00 PM
-Entry Fee $20.00
-Open to all players
-Four Games

August 14

Worlds Day 3
Event starts at 10:00
-No Entry Fee
-Match Play
-Constructed Deck
-Higher seed chooses first side
-Games timed to 1:30 minutes each
-Top 2 players advance to Final Confrontation

Worlds Consolation Tournament
Event starts at 10:30
-$20.00 Entry Fee
-$5.00 discount for SWCCGPC premium members
-Six Games

Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Re: 2011 Worlds Schedule

Post by imrahil327 »

One event not on the schedule: Chris Menzel (The Euro Emperor) will be joining us at Worlds 2011, and he has offered to sit down and discuss Euro Worlds 2012 with anyone who is interested in attending. He will be happy to answer questions and discuss ideas for a tour of Europe. If anyone has a preference on when this is held, let us know.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

imrahil327 wrote:One event not on the schedule: Chris Menzel (The Euro Emperor) will be joining us at Worlds 2011, and he has offered to sit down and discuss Euro Worlds 2012 with anyone who is interested in attending. He will be happy to answer questions and discuss ideas for a tour of Europe. If anyone has a preference on when this is held, let us know.
The should be done in a separate seminar room with a podium, a PPT, etc.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

imrahil327 wrote:One event not on the schedule: Chris Menzel (The Euro Emperor) will be joining us at Worlds 2011, and he has offered to sit down and discuss Euro Worlds 2012 with anyone who is interested in attending. He will be happy to answer questions and discuss ideas for a tour of Europe. If anyone has a preference on when this is held, let us know.

This should be done at the bar, with beers in hand, to give everyone the full idea of what it will be like in Central Europe.

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

Imrahil327 wrote:Worlds Last-Chance Qualifier: Worlds 1998 Format
Event starts at 11:00 AM
-$20 Entry Fee
-Open to all players
-Worlds 1998 Format- Use only cards from Premiere to Special Edition, plus the six original EPPs (All rules and errata since then will be in place)
-2 Byes for Worlds 2011 will be given ($20 additional will be collected from the winners of these byes)
-Other prizes TBA
are operatives legal?

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

darkjediknight11 wrote:
Imrahil327 wrote:Worlds Last-Chance Qualifier: Worlds 1998 Format
Event starts at 11:00 AM
-$20 Entry Fee
-Open to all players
-Worlds 1998 Format- Use only cards from Premiere to Special Edition, plus the six original EPPs (All rules and errata since then will be in place)
-Other prizes TBA
are operatives legal?
Would operatives still be good with the rules changes? Or do they only suck cause of the power creep + DS2 effects?
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

i think they'll be ok but i wouldn't play light operatives because of pb3 nor dark operatives because of dtf
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

I have literally 0 experience with Worlds 98 format, so I'm open to suggestions on legality of operatives. I thought they were fixed with rules more than later cards (although we did find out amusingly at Nationals that the 2 JPSD objectives cannot play operatives...darn Tatooine operatives being so broken!) so using current rules would fix it, but if I'm wrong please do speak up.

...what is PB3?

gogolen
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

With the rule change, you just had to put your Operatives in speeders/ywings and use them that way, which was way more effective for LS than for DS.

I think the point of Worlds 98 format was to see what Worlds would have been like without operatives, since that deck dominated the field so much. I would say No characters with the word Operative in their title should be allowed to be played, but would leave the Objectives just as activation platforms for people, like using the obj to start Tatooine and the farm, and then do silly things on tatooine to combat DS's Jabba's Palace activation.

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate

gogolen wrote:I think the point of Worlds 98 format was to see what Worlds would have been like without operatives, since that deck dominated the field so much. I would say No characters with the word Operative in their title should be allowed to be played, but would leave the Objectives just as activation platforms for people, like using the obj to start Tatooine and the farm, and then do silly things on tatooine to combat DS's Jabba's Palace activation.
this is my vote too

PB3 was some drop/drain ISB build

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Yeah, I def. agree that the intent is to see what would've happened without them. Let's nuke 'em to the ground. Original post updated.

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

But if the format is supposed to be worlds 98 w/o the operative mess, why have epps added in as well?

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate

Throdo wrote:But if the format is supposed to be worlds 98 w/o the operative mess, why have epps added in as well?
cause people voted that they wanted to include them, probably

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

I guess I just think it should really be like worlds 98 w/o operatives instead of something similar but not really cause all the best characters wouldn't have been released then but its still almost nearly what worlds 98 without operatives could have maybe been like.

The problem with online polls for events like this is there is no way to tell if people who vote for them are actually planning on attending the event.

I don't really care though one way or the other, cause I probably won't be playing in it myself.

mr007agent

Post by mr007agent »

darkjediknight11 wrote:
Throdo wrote:But if the format is supposed to be worlds 98 w/o the operative mess, why have epps added in as well?
cause people voted that they wanted to include them, probably
Probably? Probably because there wasn't an option not to include them so we didn't have that choice?
Michael Richards
Rogue 84
PC Volunteer
Shadow 43 - Dantooine Flight Leader
http://omega.uta.edu/~mhr7680/dantooineswccg.html
-007-
ImageImage

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

Right. If "it's supposed to be Worlds 98 without Operatives" is the justification for eliminating the Operatives entirely, instead of just using the rules-changes for Operatives, then randomly dumping EPPs into the format would run directly contrary to that idea.
mikefrench wrote:i'm an idiot who can't control himself.

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

@Richards: That's because the poll BEFORE it was whether or not to include them if we did Worlds 98, and it was a pretty wide margin in favor.

@Hunter/Throdo: *shrug* If people who are planning on playing in the event would prefer authenticity, I'm fine with changing it, but no one who is playing has spoken up against EPPs.

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

gogolen wrote:

This should be done at the bar, with beers in hand, to give everyone the full idea of what it will be like in Central Europe.
That sounds good to me. But I'll also drink my beer behind the podium. :-D
@Gogolen: Been ages since I last saw you, Chris. We should have a beer!

Just hit me with all the questions you may have. It would also be good to know how many of you intend to come, if with families or alone, etc.

Not sure when to squeeze it into the schedule either. Maybe after the team tournament, or is that too late?
Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

mr007agent

Post by mr007agent »

What is the policy for tardiness?
Michael Richards
Rogue 84
PC Volunteer
Shadow 43 - Dantooine Flight Leader
http://omega.uta.edu/~mhr7680/dantooineswccg.html
-007-
ImageImage

kcaton

Post by kcaton »

mr007agent wrote:What is the policy for tardiness?
Seconded. And please god make sure it's announced loudly and well ahead of time so everybody knows.

Return to “2011 World Championships - Washington D.C. - August 11-14”