Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill
400 New Jersey Ave NW
Washington, DC 20001
imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Re: 2011 Worlds Schedule

Post by imrahil327 »

Yes.

Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

imrahil327 wrote:
mr007agent wrote:What is the policy for tardiness?
I am not ignoring your question; I just don't have a ready answer. I will make sure the policy is known far in advance of Worlds.
/bump

plus

main event, what's the official policy on what happens when time is called? i thought i remembered the "one extra turn" policy mentioned somewhere, but don't remember where. also it's been discussed (and personally i support this) to "call time" at 55 min to mitigate how much time that extra turn for both players will add overall

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

darkjediknight11 wrote:
imrahil327 wrote:
mr007agent wrote:What is the policy for tardiness?
I am not ignoring your question; I just don't have a ready answer. I will make sure the policy is known far in advance of Worlds.
/bump
Indeed. Well, a couple of them are easy: During Swiss play, 10 minutes late to a game will be a game loss, and not showing up to the SECOND game of a match in match play will be considered a match loss. The latter of these policies is implemented to prevent someone from winning the first game by 31+ and then not showing up to the second game in hopes of taking a FL -30 and still winning the match automatically. As for the first game of match play lateness, I am still deliberating with the Committee on the best way to implement it, and I will bump this post when I've figured out a good solution.

main event, what's the official policy on what happens when time is called? i thought i remembered the "one extra turn" policy mentioned somewhere, but don't remember where. also it's been discussed (and personally i support this) to "call time" at 55 min to mitigate how much time that extra turn for both players will add overall
Correct, the timed-game policy is now 1 full turn, THEN it ends on the second player's turn as it has. At all previous events I've attended this year, the games have been timed to 60 mins plus the extra turn, so that's what we'll go with for Worlds. If it is an issue there, we can look at changing it to 55 for the future, but I don't see it being one.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

imrahil327 wrote:One event not on the schedule: Chris Menzel (The Euro Emperor) will be joining us at Worlds 2011, and he has offered to sit down and discuss Euro Worlds 2012 with anyone who is interested in attending. He will be happy to answer questions and discuss ideas for a tour of Europe. If anyone has a preference on when this is held, let us know.
Wanted to bump this as a reminder.

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

Yep, I would have bumped soon, too.

I'm ready and happy to do this (DDM and Angelo would help, too). Just let us know when and where and I'll be there!!

Cheers

Chris
Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

deck
DS Region: Kashyyyk
DS Region: Kashyyyk
GEMP Username: Profundity

Post by deck »

I will be hosting 40-second star wars games after 11pm. Entry fee is one shot of whiskey.
Mike "Deck" Gemme

I am now streaming SW:CCG Regularly! https://www.twitch.tv/deck104

My SW:CCG Podcast & Blog http://www.showmeyourdeck.tech - Updated 01/17/2017

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

oh man mike gemme you're making me hate that i can't be there
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

Gravityshadow
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Gravityshadow »

deck wrote:I will be hosting 40-second star wars games after 11pm. Entry fee is one shot of whiskey.
Scusi! :-D

@Chris: Any updates on prizes? Also the Worlds anouncement on the main page still says "Full Details Coming Soon!"...

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

gogolen wrote:hey random thought # 2- this is a 2 bye event right? So we need decklists for this?

What if we don't get 2 players that actually need a bye?
did this get decided for the classic event?

will the team tournament require decklists since there are also 2 byes? (i realize it's traditionally non-decklist)

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

No lists for Team Tournament.

I'm gonna say yes to lists for the '98 tournament because there's a goodly amount on the line, plus it would be nice to have some record of what the meta looked like.

Remaker

Post by Remaker »

do we need lists for Day 1?... i don't see any for previous years in the even decklists thread.
darkjediknight11 wrote:remaker's probably right...

Return to “2011 World Championships - Washington D.C. - August 11-14”