LS Region: Coruscant

Kevin Shannon top 8 Decklists

Post by kcaton »

Bib Fortuna
DS Region: Endor

Re: Kevin Shannon top 8 Decklists

Post by Bib Fortuna »

So, question about your DS deck. It looks really solid overall, but I'm curious as to why you are using Palpatine's Quarters. Is it just so you can have a battleground on Coruscant? It really isn't that useful outside of an ASM deck, and I would think that the Defensive Perimeter would be a better choice for you.

But then again, you are the Champion, so maybe there's some intricacies about the Quarters that I'm not aware of.
They fly now!

Airdog2003

Post by Airdog2003 »

It's one of the few DS 2/1 drain -1 sites and I believe the only one that is Ep1 in the game. It's nice b/c it's relatively low risk. It's also on Coruscant (Coruscant?). in my deck I ran the GemmEmperor start card to start vs TRM & 2/2 mains for an extra force and to make the Nevar to the Imperial city play a lot safer. You can then move the Emperor over to the 2/1 and set up w/ Vader there if needed.
Kevbozzz wrote: And he rose out of the ashes of scrubdom, like a mighty Phoenix.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!
Props to my Lakers - 2009 & 2010 World Champions...suck it Boston!

Image Image

Hobbie

Post by Hobbie »

Bib Fortuna wrote:So, question about your DS deck. It looks really solid overall, but I'm curious as to why you are using Palpatine's Quarters. Is it just so you can have a battleground on Coruscant? It really isn't that useful outside of an ASM deck, and I would think that the Defensive Perimeter would be a better choice for you.

But then again, you are the Champion, so maybe there's some intricacies about the Quarters that I'm not aware of.
If I were to dare to presume his thoughts, I'd say it's a 2/1 (drain 1 for LS) on Coruscant. It's also interior so no random vehicles (or flaps).
--Nate Davis

Recommended traders: Phil78, Hunter, sac89837, Avatari, biffpow, Atma, rYyIrisH, categoryonegames.com, DarkQug, yannedern, Tom Bombadil, Bryan-Irish
Aglets wrote:Hobbie's got it.
Kevbozzz wrote:What the hell is the "home page"? I don't see any sub-forum by that name.

Bib Fortuna

Post by Bib Fortuna »

Airdog2003 wrote:It's one of the few DS 2/1 drain -1 sites and I believe the only one that is Ep1 in the game. It's nice b/c it's relatively low risk. It's also on Coruscant (Coruscant?). in my deck I ran the GemmEmperor start card to start vs TRM & 2/2 mains for an extra force and to make the Nevar to the Imperial city play a lot safer. You can then move the Emperor over to the 2/1 and set up w/ Vader there if needed.
There is the Chancellor's Office too. And it would allow you to use Grievous' tricks against Jedi there.
They fly now!

agnos

Post by agnos »

Plus, unlike the 3/2 site, you get to do 2 damage when you hit low ability scrubs.

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

agnos wrote:Plus, unlike the 3/2 site, you get to do 2 damage when you hit low ability scrubs.
low ability guys still "leave table" when hit at the 3-2 site and thus 2 force is still lost...

Bib Fortuna

Post by Bib Fortuna »

allstarz97 wrote:
agnos wrote:Plus, unlike the 3/2 site, you get to do 2 damage when you hit low ability scrubs.
low ability guys still "leave table" when hit at the 3-2 site and thus 2 force is still lost...
Actually no; the 3/2 sends them Used "instead" of being hit.
They fly now!

BrenDerlin

Post by BrenDerlin »

Bib Fortuna wrote:
allstarz97 wrote:
You guys should really read cards before you say things like this.
WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!
Brad Eier wrote:i have no idea who matt thorton is, possibly the son of billy bob?

Airdog2003

Post by Airdog2003 »

Bib Fortuna wrote:
Airdog2003 wrote:It's one of the few DS 2/1 drain -1 sites and I believe the only one that is Ep1 in the game. It's nice b/c it's relatively low risk. It's also on Coruscant (Coruscant?). in my deck I ran the GemmEmperor start card to start vs TRM & 2/2 mains for an extra force and to make the Nevar to the Imperial city play a lot safer. You can then move the Emperor over to the 2/1 and set up w/ Vader there if needed.
There is the Chancellor's Office too. And it would allow you to use Grievous' tricks against Jedi there.
No, not really. The Chancellor's Office is only a drain -1 if no Jedi is present. Lots of decks run Jedi. IMO, Palpy's quarters is a much better call. Had we not been running the Nevar tech, we likely would have opted for a site on another planet.
Kevbozzz wrote: And he rose out of the ashes of scrubdom, like a mighty Phoenix.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!
Props to my Lakers - 2009 & 2010 World Champions...suck it Boston!

Image Image

Bib Fortuna

Post by Bib Fortuna »

BrenDerlin wrote:
Bib Fortuna wrote:
allstarz97 wrote:
The 3/2 was errataed to say "instead."
They fly now!

BrenDerlin

Post by BrenDerlin »

Bib Fortuna wrote:
BrenDerlin wrote:
Bib Fortuna wrote:
allstarz97 wrote:
The 3/2 was errataed to say "instead."
What I meant to say is that I should read the AR instead of pulling text off polarhaven before I say things like this.
WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!
Brad Eier wrote:i have no idea who matt thorton is, possibly the son of billy bob?

agnos

Post by agnos »

BrenDerlin wrote:What I meant to say is that I should read the AR instead of pulling text off polarhaven before I say things like this.
I think it was an Aglets special, I don't remember why but I remembered something had been done to it.

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

agnos wrote:
BrenDerlin wrote:What I meant to say is that I should read the AR instead of pulling text off polarhaven before I say things like this.
I think it was an Aglets special, I don't remember why but I remembered something had been done to it.
No it was actually errata'ed quite awhile ago, before Aglets was rules advocate I believe.
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

BrenDerlin

Post by BrenDerlin »

Yeah, it's in the AR. I had never heard that eratta before. I'm assuming it was made before HDv existed...what was the original reasoning for the change?
WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!

gogolen
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

I think a lot of people have been cheating then(myself included). Never heard of that errata before, or the reasoning behind it. Doesn't seem to serve much of a purpose either from a wording standpoint. Probably something from like 2005 when lots of us stopped playing for a while.

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

Bib Fortuna

Post by Bib Fortuna »

Would this also stop damage from Destroyer Droids too? Or is their wording sufficiently different from HDv to let their damage go through?
They fly now!

gogolen
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

yeah, nobody is actually hit at this site(of ability < 5 that is)- they instead are placed in the used pile.

I would love to hear from a Rules guy on this change- when and why it was made.

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

Kevbozzz
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Kevbozzz »

SoCal had no idea about that ruling until this weekend. We learned it the hard way. From reading the feature matches I know we weren't the only ones.
Check out ShanCast, my SWCCG podcast! Past episodes can be found at www.spreaker.com/user/shancast, or via the Spreaker app (search for #SWCCG).

ImageImageImage
3MW0J8 wrote:If DBO comes back again I swear I will quit for good.
DDM wrote:All hail Kevin Shannon!! :rimshot
3MW0J8 wrote:holy balls KSBOOTMFY
Schele wrote:I guess you're not as bad as I thought you were.

mr007agent

Post by mr007agent »

Kevbozzz wrote:SoCal had no idea about that ruling until this weekend. We learned it the hard way. From reading the feature matches I know we weren't the only ones.
Just curious... how often did the goofy Nevar at the site actually help/work for team socal over the course of the weekend?
Michael Richards
Rogue 84
PC Volunteer
Shadow 43 - Dantooine Flight Leader
http://omega.uta.edu/~mhr7680/dantooineswccg.html
-007-
ImageImage

Return to “2011 World Championships - Washington D.C. - August 11-14”