Kevin Shannon top 8 Decklists

Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill
400 New Jersey Ave NW
Washington, DC 20001
Airdog2003

Re: Kevin Shannon top 8 Decklists

Post by Airdog2003 »

mr007agent wrote:
Kevbozzz wrote:SoCal had no idea about that ruling until this weekend. We learned it the hard way. From reading the feature matches I know we weren't the only ones.
Just curious... how often did the goofy Nevar at the site actually help/work for team socal over the course of the weekend?
It was pretty awesome in the Profit game I played vs Pistone and vs the Communing Speeders deck I played against. It also helps a lot vs LS start decks like TRM & 2/2...two matchups that can often go either way.

Kevbozzz wrote: And he rose out of the ashes of scrubdom, like a mighty Phoenix.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!
Props to my Lakers - 2009 & 2010 World Champions...suck it Boston!

Image Image

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

Airdog2003 wrote:
mr007agent wrote:
Kevbozzz wrote:SoCal had no idea about that ruling until this weekend. We learned it the hard way. From reading the feature matches I know we weren't the only ones.
Just curious... how often did the goofy Nevar at the site actually help/work for team socal over the course of the weekend?
It was pretty awesome in the Profit game I played vs Pistone and vs the Communing Speeders deck I played against. It also helps a lot vs LS start decks like TRM & 2/2...two matchups that can often go either way.
i saw kevin react with garindan to fend off a surprise beat on nevar in his game vs. chu

what was the general plan for keeping nevar safe though?

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

oh that's a nifty card

Airdog2003

Post by Airdog2003 »

Yeah, either ghhhkk or alternate starting the Gemmeperor vs TRM/2-2 mains. Garindan works as well. Or vs like WYS they generally won't have a spy to attack him with. You don't always play him there but he's really strong in certain matchups.
Kevbozzz wrote: And he rose out of the ashes of scrubdom, like a mighty Phoenix.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!
Props to my Lakers - 2009 & 2010 World Champions...suck it Boston!

Image Image

Kevbozzz
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Kevbozzz »

Airdog2003 wrote:Yeah, either ghhhkk or alternate starting the Gemmeperor vs TRM/2-2 mains. Garindan works as well. Or vs like WYS they generally won't have a spy to attack him with. You don't always play him there but he's really strong in certain matchups.
Yeah it's situational. He was great in my day 3 build to grab the flagship hallway, which is a good site for the deck to set up at and let's your bd squad work its magic.
Check out ShanCast, my SWCCG podcast! Past episodes can be found at www.spreaker.com/user/shancast, or via the Spreaker app (search for #SWCCG).

ImageImageImage
3MW0J8 wrote:If DBO comes back again I swear I will quit for good.
DDM wrote:All hail Kevin Shannon!! :rimshot
3MW0J8 wrote:holy balls KSBOOTMFY
Schele wrote:I guess you're not as bad as I thought you were.

FlorisV

Post by FlorisV »

I noticed the Communism deck has an incredible amount of battle damage reduction: Houjix combo, We're Leaving, Security Breach. Against which Dark decks are they all needed?
http://www.mymero.com

Ryloth Region
ImageImage

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Most? Heh. Security Breach was more in there because the 3/2 site wrecks the entire concept of the deck (and also because I'm a dummy and forgot that the 3/2 site doesn't cause 2 force loss from HDv, so all our HDv playtesting was skewed to be scared of it)...Really though, having all of those cards lets you play absolutely fearless. For instance, against Rops, you can put guys at all their sites, and they have to deal with them. They might overflow one, so you We're Leaving it, then they still have a couple more sites worth of guys to deal with, now backed up, and they will have a hard time clearing all your guys in order to flip, especially when one goes used. It also lets you do silly things like put Shmi alone in the Cantina and make a deck with little ground (SYCFA or Spice or something) waste a good character there to stop a drain of 2.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.

pete6982
DS Region: Nal Hutta
DS Region: Nal Hutta

Post by pete6982 »

Bib Fortuna wrote:...
Actually no; the 3/2 sends them Used "instead" of being hit.
so when the succesful draw is made they go used without ever being hit?

also, I searched the AR, were is this noted?

Thanks,
2008 Indy League Participant
2011 Online League Participant
2011 Nal Hutta Regional Runner-up
2012 Nal Hutta League Participant
2013 Missouri State Champion
2015 GENCON CUBE Champion

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

pete6982 wrote:
Bib Fortuna wrote:...
Actually no; the 3/2 sends them Used "instead" of being hit.
so when the succesful draw is made they go used without ever being hit?

also, I searched the AR, were is this noted?

Thanks,
Page 107 with all of the other older errata:

"Naboo: Theed Palace Generator
Core
Any characters of ability < 5 'hit' here
(and all cards on them) are instead
placed in owner's Used Pile."

They're sent used "instead" of being hit, so that means they're not hit.
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

Bib Fortuna
DS Region: Endor

Post by Bib Fortuna »

So Destroyer Droids won't cause Force loss there either, will they?
They fly now!

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Bib Fortuna wrote:So Destroyer Droids won't cause Force loss there either, will they?
That is less clear to me, you may want to ask it in the rules forum. The force loss from DDs is not a CONDITION of being hit, they say that if the draw is > or whatever, the character is "hit and lose 1 force."

AnakinSolo
Retired Advocate

Post by AnakinSolo »

imrahil327 wrote:
Bib Fortuna wrote:So Destroyer Droids won't cause Force loss there either, will they?
That is less clear to me, you may want to ask it in the rules forum. The force loss from DDs is not a CONDITION of being hit, they say that if the draw is > or whatever, the character is "hit and lose 1 force."
its been ruled that DDs still cause damage previously since its not conditioned on being hit.

But you need major cahones to take DDs down to the 3/2.
Well, Bye.

puck71

Post by puck71 »

MAVanDriel wrote:
imrahil327 wrote:
its been ruled that DDs still cause damage previously since its not conditioned on being hit.

Why? They're not ability < 5 so they wouldn't get sent used right?
John Anderson

Bib Fortuna

Post by Bib Fortuna »

Yes they would. They have ability for the purposes of cards that would remove them from table.
They fly now!

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

MAVanDriel wrote:
imrahil327 wrote:

Do you have proof of that ruling, because this post is stating otherwise.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

I would think that ruling is off. Unless DDs have been errata'd, then the force loss isn't dependent on it being "hit", just destiny > than defense value. The difference between this and HD (V) is that it says when a character leaves the table that was hit by Galen/Vader's lightsaber, well the site places them in used instead of being hit, so no "hit" character leaves the table to cause damage.

puck71

Post by puck71 »

Bib Fortuna wrote:Yes they would. They have ability for the purposes of cards that would remove them from table.
Hmm I thought that they had ability for cards that specifically target a character's ability, but now I see the "specific exception" in the stellar implied targeting rule. Wouldn't it seem to make more sense to always treat droids as ability 0 when any cards looks at a character's ability?
John Anderson

Remaker

Post by Remaker »

thats a bad ruling imo... why wouldn't it become "place in used pile and lose 1 force". All you are changing is the being hit, not the "and lose a force".
:?? :?? :??
darkjediknight11 wrote:remaker's probably right...

SWCCGPT
Starter
Starter

Post by SWCCGPT »

What's the planned strategy of the HDv decklist against LS Senate?

There's no Tarkin's Bounty(v) or Ability, Ability, Abilty(v) that I think might help in this matchup.

I'm not a "strong" player, but I just played this matchup, and didn't even managed to keep a BG. A single EPP Luke, managed to clear Vader+Saber, EPP Mara Jade and Myn Kyneugh (V) from a BG and winning the Battle and Resilienced!

This kind of battles kept happening during all the game!

I'm sure Shannon and Nelson had a strategy planned for this matchup. Anyone can help here?

Return to “2011 World Championships - Washington D.C. - August 11-14”