Kevin Shannon top 8 Decklists

Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill
400 New Jersey Ave NW
Washington, DC 20001
Airdog2003

Re: Kevin Shannon top 8 Decklists

Post by Airdog2003 »

I'm fairly certain you can tech LS Senate to beat just about anything... afterall it is the most powerful entity in game (without counters). I too have a LS Senate I've used to beat HDv but not consistently enough for me to say that LS Senate normally wins this matchup.

Under normal circumstances, id say HDv has a sizable the advantage. At San Diego last year, Kevin's HDv obliterated Desai's LS senate by like 20+ in the 3rd vs 4th place game the two played at his apartment.

When I PT'd this matchup prepping for Worlds this year, I found similar results...but this wasnt against a super tech'd out LS senate.

And like you said, LS senate is a card away (I think either AAAv or TBv will work) from this matchup being a complete landslide in DS's favor.

Kevbozzz wrote: And he rose out of the ashes of scrubdom, like a mighty Phoenix.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!
Props to my Lakers - 2009 & 2010 World Champions...suck it Boston!

Image Image

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

yeah hd v will beat ls senate most of the time. we figured out a gameplan that we found worked to make ls senate beat hd v (albeit we found this gameplan the night before worlds).

how do you keep hd v on the o side? even if you kill galen or the emp they stay flipped unless you lose an additonal force in which case you are losing 3 a battle most likely.

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

ps, if there are no counters the most powerful deck is the game is DS senate, not ls senate... and its NOT close.

mr007agent

Post by mr007agent »

allstarz97 wrote:we figured out a gameplan that we found worked to make ls senate beat hd v (albeit we found this gameplan the night before worlds).
I am guessing the Your Insight Serves you well start to get Honor?

I asked in another thread but you never answered. Maybe you were ignoring but I will ask again just in case. Why did you run Endor over Kiffex and a random Jedi Luke?
Michael Richards
Rogue 84
PC Volunteer
Shadow 43 - Dantooine Flight Leader
http://omega.uta.edu/~mhr7680/dantooineswccg.html
-007-
ImageImage

Airdog2003

Post by Airdog2003 »

allstarz97 wrote:ps, if there are no counters the most powerful deck is the game is DS senate, not ls senate... and its NOT close.
Yeah, true...should have phrased that differently. Regardless, the point is that LS Senate is one of the strongest decks in the game (without counters) and like many strong decks you can tech it to beat almost anything.

@ Richards - Jedi Luke was probably for ASM (and it's KTOD and Jedi Luke is a 6). Endor was prob for the force choke d/t Strike Planning.
Kevbozzz wrote: And he rose out of the ashes of scrubdom, like a mighty Phoenix.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!

Image Image

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

mr007agent wrote:
allstarz97 wrote:we figured out a gameplan that we found worked to make ls senate beat hd v (albeit we found this gameplan the night before worlds).
I am guessing the Your Insight Serves you well start to get Honor?

I asked in another thread but you never answered. Maybe you were ignoring but I will ask again just in case. Why did you run Endor over Kiffex and a random Jedi Luke?

oh didnt see the post. endor over kiffex is just personal preference, kiffex could be better, i just figure if i draw endor in my opening hand, and my oppoenent doesnt have endor shield thats a twix for me...ls senate force chokes quite well and its important to understand the interaction between force chokcing and hand destruction.

youre like the 3rd person to ask me about jedi luke. so here goes, he is a 6 and when you draw him for destiny that is good. he is immune <6 so this gives you a guy to drop to a site in the very late game against say a rops deck where most likely both sides will have lost like 10 guys each and have minimal forces left in the late game and he can hold a site.

and most importantly because yannick signed my jedi luke and its like my favorite card.

the gamelan against hd v doesnt revolve around insight for honor, but it helps if honor is out. the gameplan is basically set up the senate, pull attrocity, let them flip blah blah... they have to put at least two guys there (usually palp + vader), so you then pull the coruscant site 2-2, drop 2-3 guys there and play honor.... with palps gametext they basically have to add to power, they'll hit a guy but with the subtract effect and having a random guy there (amidala?) you usually lose 1 guy max, maybe 2 and never 3... you then are able to keep throwing guys there and keeping h v flipped.

like here's a scenario:
epp luke + epp obi + amidala at the 2-2 site. ds comes down with galen. battles swings at amidala, hit. ls swings at galen, hits him. soits 12 power to 6 power, ds chooses to add to attrition. draws a 4 for destiny and a 5 for attrition. ls draws a 5, adds to it, adds ds's 4 and subtracts. so ls power = 24... ds power = 7. you see what i mean? if ds added to power they're still taking 5 overflow...and tahts assuming they drew a 5 for the power destiny.

so thats the gameplan. i played against shaw and won both games i played by 20+. i figured it was a solid enough plan to try out for day 2. it worked.

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

Airdog2003 wrote:
allstarz97 wrote:ps, if there are no counters the most powerful deck is the game is DS senate, not ls senate... and its NOT close.
Yeah, true...should have phrased that differently. Regardless, the point is that LS Senate is one of the strongest decks in the game (without counters) and like many strong decks you can tech it to beat almost anything.

@ Richards - Jedi Luke was probably for ASM (and it's KTOD and Jedi Luke is a 6). Endor was prob for the force choke d/t Strike Planning.

actually jedi luke wasnt for asm, i wouldnt start jedis with ls senate against that deck. the asm matchup is a joke though... epp qui gon just destroys them as does ajr. they simply run out of guys.

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

also for all you attk the senate with galen people, here:

mothma + palp at the senate. you throw down galen. battle. power = 7 to 0. you chose to add to attrition so you can clear me out. you draw 2 5's (you succeed! all my guys are dying!) i add your destiny to power and subtract, draw a 5 of my own and add 3. I am 20 to you 2. i lose everyone, next turn play the 2nd mothma off the poli effect and another guy. woot!

mr007agent

Post by mr007agent »

allstarz97 wrote:
mr007agent wrote:I asked in another thread but you never answered. Maybe you were ignoring but I will ask again just in case. Why did you run Endor over Kiffex and a random Jedi Luke?
oh didnt see the post. endor over kiffex is just personal preference, kiffex could be better, i just figure if i draw endor in my opening hand, and my oppoenent doesnt have endor shield thats a twix for me...ls senate force chokes quite well and its important to understand the interaction between force chokcing and hand destruction.
I figured, and I was just wondering on an answer. Didn't think much of it. I still like the Endor as well, but not being able to pull it immediately (against certain matchups) with Mothma is the biggest pain in my opinion. I remember when I played you at worlds with my senate against your HD, Fred was yelling at me before the tournament to change the Endor out to Kiffex (it was the only foil in my deck because I borrowed it last minute and I remember you wanting me to change it to a d-shield.)
Michael Richards
Rogue 84
PC Volunteer
Shadow 43 - Dantooine Flight Leader
http://omega.uta.edu/~mhr7680/dantooineswccg.html
-007-
ImageImage

Airdog2003

Post by Airdog2003 »

allstarz97 wrote:
Airdog2003 wrote:

actually jedi luke wasnt for asm, i wouldnt start jedis with ls senate against that deck. the asm matchup is a joke though... epp qui gon just destroys them as does ajr. they simply run out of guys.
Interesting. I'd have thought you'd start Luke and if they don't clear him turn 1 play the scenario: if you've got Palpy, play him and Mothma to the senate, flip and pull your -3 poly...seems tough for them to overflow you turn 2 with your tricks. If no Palpy, just move him over to the senate to guard vs an early Galen attack and give you a free deploy 8 dude who can go back to the 2/1 after they commit Grievous, etc and drain for 3.

Guess its not worth risking the overow or committing Luke early though. Idk, this is all theory as I never tested the LS Senate vs ASM matchup basically assuming that LS wins by a lot if no TBv, DS wins if they do have it.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!

Image Image

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Smoking Gungan »

allstarz97 wrote:also for all you attk the senate with galen people, here:

mothma + palp at the senate. you throw down galen. battle. power = 7 to 0. you chose to add to attrition so you can clear me out. you draw 2 5's (you succeed! all my guys are dying!) i add your destiny to power and subtract, draw a 5 of my own and add 3. I am 20 to you 2. i lose everyone, next turn play the 2nd mothma off the poli effect and another guy. woot!
you can also field dressing one of your senators, so with two mothmas in the deck you're basically guaranteed to have palps and mothma both back in the senate turn 2. and if galen draws low for his two destiny (i.e. <7, <10 with if you use the PE), then you won't effectively lose anything from the senate since your field dressing covers your total attrition

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

Yeah, I think attacking the senate with HD(V) really only works well against Rebel Senate, where they don't have effects to add/subract from draws, and have such a limited senator pool that killing 1 or 2 makes a difference.

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

gogolen wrote:Yeah, I think attacking the senate with HD(V) really only works well against Rebel Senate, where they don't have effects to add/subract from draws, and have such a limited senator pool that killing 1 or 2 makes a difference.
how'd that work out for you on day 2? ;)

Airdog2003

Post by Airdog2003 »

The Smoking Gungan wrote:
allstarz97 wrote:also for all you attk the senate with galen people, here:

you can also field dressing one of your senators, so with two mothmas in the deck you're basically guaranteed to have palps and mothma both back in the senate turn 2. and if galen draws low for his two destiny (i.e. <7, <10 with if you use the PE), then you won't effectively lose anything from the senate since your field dressing covers your total attrition
Yeah dude, Field dressings is good tech for LS Senate... Man I love that card. :roll:

I think I'd only attack da Senate with Galen if i had Justice v out. Also, in SoCal HDv, Nevar (and Ozzel if you play him) randomly have politics so they cover 6 and if they try to strand you at the Senate and counterbeat next turn, you can run to the JCC or 2/2.

Attacking the senate isn't always the right play but it's an option worth considering and sometimes taking advantage of under the right circumstance. Having AAAv makes it a little more attractive of an option while Field Dressings makes it a lot less attractive. Just depends on the game scenario.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!

Image Image

gogolen
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

darkjediknight11 wrote:
gogolen wrote:Yeah, I think attacking the senate with HD(V) really only works well against Rebel Senate, where they don't have effects to add/subract from draws, and have such a limited senator pool that killing 1 or 2 makes a difference.

Funny- can't account for someone luckboxing into Seeking an Audience(V) within the first 2 turns with drawing 1 card per turn to pull Mothma back into hand for the 3rd time...

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate

gogolen wrote:
darkjediknight11 wrote:

Funny- can't account for someone luckboxing into Seeking an Audience(V) within the first 2 turns with drawing 1 card per turn to pull Mothma back into hand for the 3rd time...
I think the point remains that more times than not you're going to run out of galens before they run out of senators and character recursion/pulling cards

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

And where they don't have Senator Palpatine adding your battle destiny draw to their power.

Yeah, I have never come even remotely close to losing to Rebel Senate with HD(v). Start AAA(v), and if they still try to flip by turn 2 (to get Hovercam activation going and whatnot) then you throw Galen at them a couple of times. And by the time they have a solid foothold in the Senate, you have your own strategy completely set up, have probably been able to pull a key card or two with your Objective, and there really isn't a good place to attack you anymore.

Sending Galen into the Senate against traditional LS Senate is much trickier, and something that I've only done once in tournament play. I was using ASM rather than HD(v) in that particular game, but I don't think it makes much of a difference.
mikefrench wrote:i'm an idiot who can't control himself.

FlorisV

Post by FlorisV »

Hunter wrote:
And where they don't have Senator Palpatine adding your battle destiny draw to their power.

Yeah, I have never come even remotely close to losing to Rebel Senate with HD(v). Start AAA(v), and if they still try to flip by turn 2 (to get Hovercam activation going and whatnot) then you throw Galen at them a couple of times. And by the time they have a solid foothold in the Senate, you have your own strategy completely set up, have probably been able to pull a key card or two with your Objective, and there really isn't a good place to attack you anymore.

Sending Galen into the Senate against traditional LS Senate is much trickier, and something that I've only done once in tournament play. I was using ASM rather than HD(v) in that particular game, but I don't think it makes much of a difference.
Definitely a fine strategy that should always help but it's nearly impossible to have seen all Rebel Senate builds.

During the Euros I lost to a Rebel Senate that was heavily teched against HD (v). It played Coruscant to convert my system and Strike Planning choked me as well, but it had tons of lightsaber protection and Ben Kenobi to keep reviving Yoda in the Nightclub. Bail could look for something every turn, objective could send back two cards in hand every turn and I was completely out-activated when he started draining for 5...and that drain could not be cancelled.

There's many builds of Rebel Senate, some can be pretty scary if you lose the wrong card to the objective to used pile...like one with Jedi Presence that can easily get power 50 or more.
http://www.mymero.com

Ryloth Region
ImageImage

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate

how did ben kenobi get to coruscant?

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

darkjediknight11 wrote:how did ben kenobi get to coruscant?
maybe it was crazy wizard obi? other wise encampment? nabrun? i have no idea but i am naturally curious
Jerry H

Image Image

Return to “2011 World Championships - Washington D.C. - August 11-14”