Scott's lifetime achievement award

Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill
400 New Jersey Ave NW
Washington, DC 20001
Jeeps

Re: Scott's lifetime achievement award

Post by Jeeps »

gogolen wrote:I think we were all just excited to hear what he had to say(if he managed to get any words out), so music didnt quite come up.

Definitely deserve the recognition that you got, and glad you were able to share it with the family so they can understand just a bit more about how important you are to this community.
well said. Congrats, Scott.

Peter Jacobson

PLO KOON!

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Brad Eier wrote:
BrenDerlin wrote:I think you meant that you've crowned 9 champions.

But regardless, I'm sad I couldn't be there to see this happen in person. It could not be more well-deserved. Enjoy it, my friend, and I look forward to seeing you again at the SoCal event!
maybe we should ask denny green about crowning ppl
Or Viserys Targaryen.

/ubernerd
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

imrahil327 wrote: Or Viserys Targaryen.

/ubernerd
love it

btw sad i couldn't be there to see this. thank you so much for all the hard work Scott.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

fishfleas

Post by fishfleas »

Sorry i missed out on this.

Scott,
You've been a great guy to get to know and work with over hte past few years as i have joined the GD Team. You really are a great guy and I have enjoyed chatting and finally meeting you in person at the MPC 2011. I know how hard it is heading up volunteer committees as I've had my share of that over the years, and I commend you for for doing a great job at it. There are alot of great volunteers that help to keep this game going, but at the head of it all is you.

Congrats Scott you deserve it!

JGuigs18
Starter
Starter

Post by JGuigs18 »

Scott, you are just flat out the man.

I show up to a tournament in Blue Bell, PA 6 months ago with cards I haven't touched in 8 years and I'm just like, oh well this Scott guy is a solid dude with a lot of cards, helping out etc.

And now after my first worlds (and everything in between) and I see the work you put into it and the amount you care, it's unreal. Keep it up bro, because we all appreciate it a ton

Shewski
Retired Advocate

Post by Shewski »

Scott, thank you so much for all that you have risked for this game. I'm so glad to know you and look forward to many more years of playing and traveling as we raise the next generation of ccg players!
Mike Tomashewski

Airdog2003

Post by Airdog2003 »

Congrats Scott, and thanks again for everything you do! The last four years since I've started playing have been awesome and filled with fun times and great memories that never would have been possible if it weren't for your hard work and committment to the game. Keep up the great work and I'll see you in Sunny San Diego in October!

- Aaron
Kevbozzz wrote: And he rose out of the ashes of scrubdom, like a mighty Phoenix.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!
Props to my Lakers - 2009 & 2010 World Champions...suck it Boston!

Image Image

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

Scott, without you this game would have been long dead.

Thank you for all that you have done, and continue to do. Your selfless acts are the gold standard that we should all hold ourselves to.
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

deadbody wrote:Scott, without you this game would have been long dead.

Thank you for all that you have done, and continue to do. Your selfless acts are the gold standard that we should all hold ourselves to.
When I first read this I thought it said "Scott, without this game you would have been long dead" and thought that was an odd thing to say.

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

It's probably both true ;)

Scott, you are the man!! I was happy to be there when you received your well derserved trophy, and hope that we'll have you for may more decades!
Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

lord bane
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by lord bane »

Thanks Scott for being the go-to guy in keeping the game alive. Being 1 of the guys from Jersey, if you hadnt been a part of all this, i doubt really highly i would still be playing the game. Thanks for everything and hopefully will you see you at the next local.

mserisman

Post by mserisman »

Scott, I am sorry I was not there to cheer you on in getting this award. You are a class act and a great person, and that has been evident in every interaction we have had over the last 6 years. I am very happy you have found a way to integrate the game and your family as well.

"Thank you" doesn't really do justice to the work you have done for the game. As a once insider and member of the PC I know first hand the time and dedication required, from legal and corporate aspects, game changing decisions on new approaches and of course the endless opportunities to deal with our online community :) , it really does have to be a labor of love. I hope every player who loves this game, enjoys all the benefits of the site and the community, and wants to enjoy it for years to come, is grateful for the work you have done to make it possible.

Well deserved award and congratulations!

Michael
"Never content to just rest on your laurels, you are always still reaching skyward, looking to achieve staggering new heights in douchebaggery." - Hunter towards someone who will not be named

MasterJediAdam
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by MasterJediAdam »

Here is a link to the pictures I took. Sorry it took so long, but my card got stuck in the reader and it wouldn't read the pics.

link
ImageImage

Throdo

Post by Throdo »

I found a video someone posted of this. Not really sure who did it but here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUeDOmhm ... ure=colike

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Awesome find, Throdo! I'm glad this is on video :)
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Return to “2011 World Championships - Washington D.C. - August 11-14”