Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill
400 New Jersey Ave NW
Washington, DC 20001
Mr. G
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Re: Center Of Irony

Post by Mr. G »

Couldn't you, against walkers, just throw everything you have at their system, and make them lose 3-4 a turn due to power difference, or eventually force them to leave, while, hopefully, celebrating?

Matthew Gountis
PA/NJ Area
Team Phoenix
HEY, CHECK ME OUT ON EBAY, I HAVE ALL SORTS OF SINGLES FOR SALE:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/cardlicker/m.ht ... 4340.l2562

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Smoking Gungan »

to what end though? stop a drain of 1 and maybe cause small overflow (or more likely kill one boosted-forfeit imperial)? all their damage is coming from the sites, and while you are fighting for space they are pinging you for 3 ymsyl damage, 3 wiapn damage, and draining for 2/1/1 (4/3/3 when they garrison).

celebration is helpful but if they play MM&EO you don't have anything other than Weapons Display v to retrieve (which probably wouldn't work anyways).

now of course you have to analyze the situation as presented to you in the game and act accordingly. agnos' walkers list has the weakest space of the walkers decks i've looked at, so maybe you have an opening in space against him. but most walker lists i've seen run the executor (either immume < 15 dagobah one or the ds2 made totally immune with alert my std), thrawn, gmt, imperial commands, and i've even seen boba fett bh v. don't forget that walkers objective adds to DS' total battle destiny as well. so if you don't get dash v to Hoth, they will pile up massive attrition against you. maybe you'll have enough pilots aboard to absorb that without losing ships, but it likely means you have to cycle 3 or 4 pilots each turn. that will eat up most of your generation for that turn. so you managed to survive at the hoth system, but it's entirely possible that you didn't get past the executor's immunity and didn't force the DS to lose anything. now let's say you do get past the immunity and start to grind through their stuff, how many turns can you afford to focus your efforts on space before the damage from the ground does you in? you can beat walkers by killing the walkers or by removing them from space, but COT is much much more equiped to fight on the ground than in the stars, and for many walker decks their most potent battle tricks are for space

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

The Smoking Gungan wrote:COT is much much more equiped to fight on the ground than in the stars
Sad, considering they are supposed to be the best PILOT squadron. :?
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Smoking Gungan »

you don't think dack and ten" numb should be an even match for veers on blizzy 1?

JosephPhillips
DS Region: Endor
DS Region: Endor

Post by JosephPhillips »

Brian, can you comment on the DD Invasion matchup? Thanks.
"Real wisdom is knowing when to learn from your own mistakes and when to learn from the mistakes of others."

Return to “2011 World Championships - Washington D.C. - August 11-14”