The Mandalorian (*spoilers* for released episodes only)

Gergall

Re: The Mandalorian (*spoilers* for released episodes only)

Post by Gergall »

hanotsri wrote:
November 13th, 2020, 4:31 am
Spoiler
Show
My guess is we will see her in two weeks for Dave Filoni's episode. Next week is the Carl Weather's directed one, so I'd bet we're back on Navarro (to get the Razorcrest fixed) with Karga and Cara Dune. I'd guess it's the episode where we see the speeder bike chase in the trailers.
Hey so your technique of looking at the director list turned out to be successful at predicting the framework of the episode. And you're probably right about next week too.

In the future, do you think you could skip posting any deductions about what will happen in upcoming episodes?

Greg Zinn

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

For this week's episode, if you watch with captions on, you can easily read the full text of what the protocol droid is saying. If you don't feel like doing that, I think these were the interesting tidbits:
-It discusses the different regions of the galaxy (core worlds, mid rim, outer rim, etc)
-It talks a little bit about the Akkadese Maelstrom around Kessel
-It confirms that the current New Republic capital is Chandrila
Greg Zinn

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

Gergall wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 1:09 pm
For this week's episode, if you watch with captions on, you can easily read the full text of what the protocol droid is saying.
Fun fact. I tend to do this all the time, both because kids are distracting and I'm likely getting older. Regardless, in week 2-3 the frog lady was given the name "Frog Lady".
Gergall wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 1:09 pm
-It confirms that the current New Republic capital is Chandrila
Yeah, also this was mentioned in one of the (new) EU books. I don't recall if it was bloodlines or elsewhere, but they definitely talk about it "initially" being there as well.
Last edited by fungineer on November 22nd, 2020, 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Haha, that's a pretty great screenshot! Spoiler Man captured a lot of my thoughts about this episode
Spoiler
Show
I thought that there was a good bit that took me out of the episode in terms of logistics- the base seemingly being so important (due to clones) but also having no competent crew, etc). Also I know Star Wars time is pretty relative at all points, but it seemed really silly for the Razor Crest to be not only repaired to basically as good as new, but for it to deus ex the TIES at the end. Annoying.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

Spoiler
Show
yeah the show relies pretty heavily on deus exes. was pretty predictable that was how they'd be saved too.

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

darkjediknight11 wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 3:39 pm
Spoiler
Show
yeah the show relies pretty heavily on deus exes. was pretty predictable that was how they'd be saved too.
Spoiler
Show
Agreed, it was always gonna be Mando to the rescue, but I was kinda hoping/expecting either another Force save from The Child, or Mando with a rocket or ground-mounted gun.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.

kryptofis
Holotable username: kryptofis
GEMP Username: kryptofis

Post by kryptofis »

Hot Damn!!!! 2 top notch episodes. This last one was amazing.

The whole series is going to be a measuring stone for future SW products. Simply - mind blown!
Kryptofis

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

Gergall wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 1:00 pm
In the future, do you think you could skip posting any deductions about what will happen in upcoming episodes?
Yep. Sorry about that.

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

hanotsri wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 5:55 pm
Gergall wrote:
Yep. Sorry about that.
It's only because you're so good at it :lol:
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

mingtown
GEMP Username: mingtown

Post by mingtown »

Image Image
2018 WI State Champ
2019 MPC Consolation Top 4

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 7:36 pm
hanotsri wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 5:55 pm
Gergall wrote:
Yep. Sorry about that.
It's only because you're so good at it :lol:
Yeah that is seriously true. Congratulations on getting it right, now I just don't want that to happen each week :lol:
Greg Zinn

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

i get that. although i could not tell what was in the vat, or what the last shot was hinting at, so it didn't cause as big a disconnect for me.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

AdmiralMotti89
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by AdmiralMotti89 »

I am liking it fine overall. I haven't really done any of the new canon books but I think I get the basics of the galactic situation and who wants what and why. It's interesting. Things being implausibly easy for the good guys doesn't really bother me, although I really don't know what it means when a targeting computer gets a lock anymore.

All in all, I can't wait to see what baby yoda eats next!
Eric Garchow
My eBay Store 10% off orders of 10+ items, plus free shipping on orders of $50+
My Trade Thread
My videos/photos of opening sealed SWCCG + other SWCCG things.
My Frequently Updating SWCCG Wants List

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

Doesn't really need its own thread but the Disney+ "Lego Star Wars Holiday Special" is an entertaining enough stroll down memory lane. Features a combination of voice actors from the movies and from the cartoons.
Greg Zinn

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

Gergall wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 10:25 am
Doesn't really need its own thread but the Disney+ "Lego Star Wars Holiday Special" is an entertaining enough stroll down memory lane. Features a combination of voice actors from the movies and from the cartoons.
Yep. Made for a fun watch.
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

Aglets
Rules Advocate

Post by Aglets »

deadbody wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 10:42 am
Gergall wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 10:25 am
Yep. Made for a fun watch.
X3
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

Jumping in here. Without a doubt, filler episodes are my favorites. I loved all of season 1, but the Jawa episode is the only one I've watched multiple times, and the ATST episode was my second favorite(I need that lego set). In season 2, the bit with the Krayt Dragon was pretty great, and I also loved the second episode this season. I'm not saying that I don't care about the overall plot. I'm just saying that I couldn't tell you what it is and am happy to just see Mando and Baby Yoda(the child is a dumb name) galivanting around the galaxy going on misadventures.

Also, when they introduce Ahsoka, she needs to say "You look just like a Baby Yoda." and then call him Baby Yoda going forward. That's the kind of thing she would say, and also she knew Yoda.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
seitaer wrote: Corran's streams are great, even if he likes the last jedi

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

Corran wrote:
November 25th, 2020, 2:00 pm
I'm not saying that I don't care about the overall plot. I'm just saying that I couldn't tell you what it is
It's best explained in S1 E8.

Per the armorer's instructions, Mando's creed dictates that Baby Yoda is officially a foundling and that he is responsible for its well-being until either one of the following happens:
A) It comes of age (which seemingly could take decades or maybe even centuries?)
OR
B) He returns Baby Yoda to its own people, which he understands to be "sorcerers called Jedi".

Mando has opted for B, but he does take the foundling stuff seriously (he once was one, after all) so he no longers regards Baby Yoda as an annoyance like he once did. He will take very good care of it for as long as he has to.

On a side note Mando knows nothing about Jedi; he might be expecting all Jedi to look like Baby Yoda.
Greg Zinn

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Funny, I definitely think Baby Yoda is the dumb sounding name.

Return to “Off Topic”