NFL Predictions

Aglets
Retired Advocate

Re: NFL Predictions

Post by Aglets »

The Giants finished 9-7, and also were one of 3 teams to beat the Patriots this year. They also play in the NFC btw.

I think they've been underrated and underperforming for a lot of the year, perhaps with injuries being a big factor. Now they seem pretty healthy. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see a Baltimore / NYG (can you say 2000 replay) Superbowl.

Of course a rematch of the Harbaugh bowl in Indy would also be super sweet, which I'm sure is what Chris is also rooting for.

Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Indeed.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Smoking Gungan »

Aglets wrote:They also play in the NFC fwiw.
derp. my mind is going

agnos

Post by agnos »

Don't rule out a Pats-Giants rematch either.

Aglets
Retired Advocate

Post by Aglets »

agnos wrote:Don't rule out a Pats-Giants rematch either.
Too late. :)

The Ravens play their best when everyone is down on them. Once people start talking about how they are finally turning the corner and a legit playoff contender or w/e.........that's when they choke on national television.

Keep on hatin'.
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

i heard ed reed was on the radio today telling yo mama jokes about joe flacco's mom

Mr. G
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Mr. G »

The Smoking Gungan wrote:i heard ed reed was on the radio today telling yo mama jokes about joe flacco's mom
He did however come forward and say that he meant no offense, and his mom wasn't as fat as he initially thought. She is only like 445, not 500.
Matthew Gountis
PA/NJ Area
Team Phoenix
HEY, CHECK ME OUT ON EBAY, I HAVE ALL SORTS OF SINGLES FOR SALE:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/cardlicker/m.ht ... 4340.l2562

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

agnos wrote:Don't rule out a Pats-Giants rematch either.
This.
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

AnakinSolo
Retired Advocate

Post by AnakinSolo »

As long as bmore wins, I like either superbowl matchup.
Well, Bye.

Aglets
Retired Advocate

Post by Aglets »

MAVanDriel wrote:As long as bmore wins, I like either superbowl matchup.
That mark guy has good taste. Are you happy with how far the broncos went this year? Content with tebow starting in 2012?

AnakinSolo
Retired Advocate

Post by AnakinSolo »

The broncos came into this year with a middling team that had some great components but very little potential for anything exciting.

The first 4 games were terrible because not only were we terrible (and hurt) but mostly it was our old players playing. There was nothing to be excited about in the games, and no hope for optimism for the future.

Then the defense got healthy (and good for a couple of weeks) the pass rush got amazing, the o-line gel-ed and got much stronger in the running game, and Demariyus Thomas started to look like he might end up being fun to watch... plus while brutal, tebow certainly is entertaining to watch.

I had a conversation a quarter of the way through the season where I said I hated how not only were the broncos bad, they were boring and without any youngsters who looked like there was hope. Now it looks like the entire oline will do, that thomas and decker could do well, that miller is going to be exactly as elite as he projected, that he and dumerville will potentially be epic for the next half decade or more, and ayers has played pretty darn ok as well. That was way better than I could have hoped for.

As for tebow - I would prefer other quarterbacks, but not enough to want denver to go elsewhere. When drafted McDaniels said of tebow that he was raw, but that players only failed in the NFL for being not physically up to it, for off the field problems, or for not having the work ethic to succeed. I thought it was a bit bold of a statement, but we shall see, possibly tebow CAN develop. I certainly don't want to draft a replacement for tebow, and feel like after what fox did with the playbook the second half of the year that denver should spend a day 2 or 3 pick on a quarterback with similar physicality so that an injury to tebow doesn't blow the year out. I want us to draft for value not need, but all other things being equal would love to see new linebackers, tight ends, and above all else the secondary needs youth.
Well, Bye.

mr007agent

Post by mr007agent »

In order of hate for all of the remaining teams:
1. NE
2. NY
3. Balt
4. SF

So go... Cowboys in 2012 season?!?
Michael Richards
Rogue 84
PC Volunteer
Shadow 43 - Dantooine Flight Leader
http://omega.uta.edu/~mhr7680/dantooineswccg.html
-007-
ImageImage

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

mr007agent wrote:In order of hate for all of the remaining teams:
1. NE
2. NY
3. Balt
4. SF

Mine would be:

1. NE
2. SF
3. NY
4. Baltimore

I actually like the Ravens pretty well. They'd be in my Top 5, league-wide. But yes, go 2012 Cowboys, for sure.
mikefrench wrote:i'm an idiot who can't control himself.

BrenDerlin

Post by BrenDerlin »

mr007agent wrote:In order of hate for all of the remaining teams:
1. NE
2. NY
3. Balt
4. SF
Whoa, Mike richards and I agree on football?
Okay, that makes more sense.
WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!
Brad Eier wrote:i have no idea who matt thorton is, possibly the son of billy bob?

agnos

Post by agnos »

Maybe the biggest kicker fail I've ever seen.

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Scott Norwood says you need to watch more football.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

Yeah Norwood appaently tried to shoot himself after that loss but missed wide right.

@swccg
mpc.starwarsccg.org
worlds.starwarsccg.org
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

deck
DS Region: Kashyyyk
DS Region: Kashyyyk
GEMP Username: Profundity

Post by deck »

Norwoods was much harder. 47 yds or something?
Mike "Deck" Gemme

I am now streaming SW:CCG Regularly! https://www.twitch.tv/deck104

My SW:CCG Podcast & Blog http://www.showmeyourdeck.tech - Updated 01/17/2017

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by _maul »

Advocate wrote:Yeah Norwood appaently tried to shoot himself after that loss but missed wide right.
LOL

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

the only team i hate still in the hunt this weekend is the new york football giants, so that basically guarantees they win the big one

Return to “Off Topic”