Major League Baseball in 2012

Hobbie
DS Region: Endor

Re: Major League Baseball in 2012

Post by Hobbie »

I refuse to believe Seattle gets over 20k per home game...stadium looks empty every game.

--Nate Davis

Recommended traders: Phil78, Hunter, sac89837, Avatari, biffpow, Atma, rYyIrisH, categoryonegames.com, DarkQug, yannedern, Tom Bombadil, Bryan-Irish
Aglets wrote:Hobbie's got it.
Kevbozzz wrote:What the hell is the "home page"? I don't see any sub-forum by that name.

Aglets
Retired Advocate

Post by Aglets »

According to ESPN, they do, but just barely.

In fact, they are the 27th ranked team in terms of home attendance, averaging 20,286.

Remember that does not reflect how many people actually show up to games, only how many tickets are sold.

Mildly interesting fact: The bottom SIX MLB teams in terms of home attendance, are all American League teams.

Even more surprisingly, Baltimore is not one of those!
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

Sammysingsong
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by Sammysingsong »

By the way, Harper just hit no. 2.

This link disturbed me though--I know it's A-ball, http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_le ... mlb,wp8753

But the kid still shows he hasn't grown up, to this day...

Dare I say, Nyjer Morgan has a brother from another mother?

Hobbie

Post by Hobbie »

Sammysingsong wrote:By the way, Harper just hit no. 2.

This link disturbed me though--I know it's A-ball, http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_le ... mlb,wp8753

But the kid still shows he hasn't grown up, to this day...

Dare I say, Nyjer Morgan has a brother from another mother?
I remember reading that story when it came out. Hopefully guys like zimmerman and laroche will take him under their wing and get him to grow up a bit.

Honestly, the bat to the face thing doesn't bother me--guys have attacked water coolers (and fire extinguishers...) in frustration for awhile. The fact that he had to get stitches should serve as a deterrent in the future. But I like seeing guys get frustrated instead of just sitting down and collecting their paychecks (looking at you, justin smoak...)
--Nate Davis

Recommended traders: Phil78, Hunter, sac89837, Avatari, biffpow, Atma, rYyIrisH, categoryonegames.com, DarkQug, yannedern, Tom Bombadil, Bryan-Irish
Aglets wrote:Hobbie's got it.
Kevbozzz wrote:What the hell is the "home page"? I don't see any sub-forum by that name.

Sammysingsong
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by Sammysingsong »

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2 ... id=1905489

That man was psychotic, and in the history of in-game explosions, Tavarez really is in a league of his own...

I'm not really afraid of Harper, I'm just glad he isn't on my team.

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Yeah he used to pitch for the Giants. Real dbag.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Lukes Bionic Hand
Retired Advocate
Location: A realm of existence so far beyond your own you cannot even imagine it

Post by Lukes Bionic Hand »

LOL
Rotoworld wrote:Stephen Stasburg was bothered by stray Hot Stuff in his groin during Tuesday's loss to the Padres.
Hot Stuff is an analgesic ointment like Icy-Hot that is often used as a muscle-loosener. But it can also be quite painful when applied to ... more sensitive skin. "I can’t really tell you what the problem was, but some Hot Stuff got misplaced," manager Davey Johnson said. "It was on his shoulder and evidently – I don’t know how it got to where it got, but it was uncomfortable, to say the least." Strasburg allowed four runs in four innings.
The Smoking Gungan wrote:worf plays for canada even though that team has no honor and plays dirty
Image Image

Aglets
Retired Advocate

Post by Aglets »

Yu Darvish

44.1 IP 2.84 ERA 1.42 WHIP 51 K 6 years / $56M (+ $51.7M posting fee)

Wei-Yin Chen

44 IP 2.45 ERA 1.21 WHIP 32 K 3 years / $11.1M ($0 posting fee)

Starting to think this Dan Duquette fellow might not be so bad.

PS - for Sammy: did berkman die yesterday? Looks like he was scratched for no apparent reason from the lineup.......
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

Sammysingsong
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by Sammysingsong »

It was a weird last second scratch, probably more due to the 7-40 record of lance vs. Yesterday's cubbie starter maholm...and the paper said something about keeping lance's backup man Matt Carpenter active...for his part, he had a 442 foot homerun...and he's been somewhat of a defensive godsend as well. Berkman will never replace Pujols at 1st...he was remarkable defensively for such a big guy.

bbrodsky50
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by bbrodsky50 »

I know I have been out of this conversation for a while and I was extremely down on the Mets but, I have to say, I am thinking about drinking the kool-aide. I know they got blown out last night but, they are playing above .500 baseball and putting together decent wins and small steaks after hard luck losses (like the 2 in Miami when the BP exploded).

Granted, Jar Jar, they aren't the Yanks. But, the young homegrown talent that was stockpiled is playing well...

Weither or not they can keep it up all season, that IDK.
Whose got it better than us?! NOBODY!!
ALL IN

Aglets
Retired Advocate

Post by Aglets »

bbrodsky50 wrote:I know I have been out of this conversation for a while and I was extremely down on the Mets but, I have to say, I am thinking about drinking the kool-aide. I know they got blown out last night but, they are playing above .500 baseball and putting together decent wins and small steaks after hard luck losses (like the 2 in Miami when the BP exploded).

Granted, Jar Jar, they aren't the Yanks. But, the young homegrown talent that was stockpiled is playing well...

Weither or not they can keep it up all season, that IDK.
They have a -23 run differential (they've let up 23 more runs than they've scored so far this year) and yet still have a winning record, that is not sustainable. Usually that means that you are getting blown out a lot but are lucking out in terms of winning a bunch of close games. Sooner or later that will even out, unless of course the pitching or offense noticeably improves.

Sorry I don't have better news for you sir. :(

bbrodsky50
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by bbrodsky50 »

Honestly, statistics aside, (BTW thank you Aglets for peeing in the Kool-Aide :) )

I am just happy that the farm system kids are playing decently and we are seeing a different approach from the organization rather than a team of over-the-hill over paid under producing players like in the past.

I am scarred from my past experiences as a Met fan and to see things like a whole lineup of homegrown talent - well, for me that's a step in the right direction.

Where do you guys get your stat's from? I know they aren't going to score a lot of runs, but I figured the pitching and defense would be better as well.
Whose got it better than us?! NOBODY!!
ALL IN

Aglets
Retired Advocate

Post by Aglets »

http://espn.go.com/mlb/standings

This gives you a good watered down glimpse of everything at once.

You guys have the 2nd best offense in your division right now (granted right now it's like Atlanta, and then a big gap, and then the other 4 teams), but it looks like you guys have the worst pitching.

Again, sorry, wish I had better news for you. I'd like to see the Mets be more competitive as well.

Mr. G
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Mr. G »

bbrodsky50 wrote:Honestly, statistics aside, (BTW thank you Aglets for peeing in the Kool-Aide :) )

I am just happy that the farm system kids are playing decently and we are seeing a different approach from the organization rather than a team of over-the-hill over paid under producing players like in the past.

I am scarred from my past experiences as a Met fan and to see things like a whole lineup of homegrown talent - well, for me that's a step in the right direction.

Where do you guys get your stat's from? I know they aren't going to score a lot of runs, but I figured the pitching and defense would be better as well.
It doesn't matter what the Mets do. I have been happy to tell all of my friends who are Phillies fans the same thing that I am about to tell you, it doesn't matter b/c the Nationals are going to win the division.
Matthew Gountis
PA/NJ Area
Team Phoenix
HEY, CHECK ME OUT ON EBAY, I HAVE ALL SORTS OF SINGLES FOR SALE:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/cardlicker/m.ht ... 4340.l2562

Sammysingsong
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by Sammysingsong »

Mr. G wrote:
bbrodsky50 wrote:Honestly, statistics aside, (BTW thank you Aglets for peeing in the Kool-Aide :) )

It doesn't matter what the Mets do. I have been happy to tell all of my friends who are Phillies fans the same thing that I am about to tell you, it doesn't matter b/c the Nationals are going to win the division.
Doesn't matter because the Cardinals will win the pennant.

Aglets
Retired Advocate

Post by Aglets »

Mr. G wrote: It doesn't matter what the Mets do. I have been happy to tell all of my friends who are Phillies fans the same thing that I am about to tell you, it doesn't matter b/c the Nationals are going to win the division.
Seems doubtful. Usually the best team in the division is the one that wins it. So this year it should be the Braves right now, although I wouldn't necessarily count the Phillies out of a late surge.

The Nationals were streaking early because they have crappy offense, but incredible pitching, helped out by a ridiculously easy early schedule.

Check this out:

http://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/ranking ... le-by-team

27th hardest schedule in MLB so far. Must be nice.

From now until the end of June they start to actually play some good teams so i think you will see a very different Nats ballclub from now until June 30.

Aglets
Retired Advocate

Post by Aglets »

By the way, how can it be that the O's were the first team in the AL (and actually, all of MLB technically) to get to 25 wins? And that they have had the toughest schedule so far?

I'm feeling kinda funny inside, not sure what it means. I am so confused.

Aglets
Retired Advocate

Post by Aglets »

Better watch out Asia. Especially if this Chen thing continues to work out. Your team might be next on Duquette's hit list. Your pitiful attempts to stop us only make us laugh.

stealtheblind
GEMP Username: shaw67193

Post by stealtheblind »

Nice to see Balkin' Bob Davidson suspended for a game. Umpires need more accountability!
Gregory Shaw

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

stealtheblind wrote:Nice to see Balkin' Bob Davidson suspended for a game. Umpires need more accountability!
Yup.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Return to “Off Topic”