Cooleo questions The "Official Story"

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Cooleo questions The "Official Story"

Post by mikefrench »

so are there any conspiracy theorists out here in star wars ccg land? what conspiracy theories do you favor? all of them? just one or two plausible ones? i know hunter was all-in on the 9/11 "the gov't shot down united 93" on decktech a while ago (and that's a fairly plausible theory, unlike the flat earth society for instance).

any truthers?
birthers?
moon landingers?

i come from a conservative christian family, i went to a private school that taught us a literal six day creation based on genesis 1. i was taught that evolution was a lie, which logically leads you toward a lot of conspiracy theories. after all, the idea that evolutionary biology is a lie is a conspiracy theory of its own; all these scientists are coordinating a lie, the government is spreading it into the education system to hurt christianity, etc.

i've always loved conspiracy theories, because learning about them forces me to learn a lot of cool science and history as a result. anyone else like conspiracy theories out there?

The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Re: Cooleo questions The "Official Story"

Post by Hunter »

Kennedy assassination is a popular one. The deaths of Marilyn Monroe, and Princess Di. The killing of Osama bin Laden (if that's not too closely tied to the "Truther" ones). Area 51 theories could obviously fill their own thread (or website). I haven't really researched any of them thoroughly enough to speak on them from a place of knowledge. Ditto the moon landing. So I wouldn't try to challenge the official story on any of those, though it would be fun to hear from people who think they've looked into any of them enough to be an "expert." I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist at all, so the only one where I was sure enough that "the official story" was obviously bullshyt to go ahead and pursue it is the 9/11 stuff. On that, I'm an "expert." And on that, I did 10x more research than anyone ever needs to determine that the 9/11 Commission Report is fiction.

Denver International Airport theories are fun too. I don't know how much play those get nationwide, so if people aren't very familiar with the DIA stuff, then I could provide some information on that. And no, I didn't look into that one because I had suspicions (so I guess my list of conspiracies still sits at 1, unless I'm forgetting something), I just looked into it because it's local, and I've been there so many times.

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

i like the denver airport ones. lesson to airport designers: make sure the aerial view of your airport doesnt accidentally kinda maybe look like a swastika.
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

The Franchise
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Franchise »

i don't know a ton about it, and maybe i'm just super gullible or something, but if it came out that something like aids was created to try and wipe out a certain kind of people, it wouldnt shock me

other than that, the whereabouts of jimmy hoffa and what really happened to tupac shakur are ones that i wonder about

Hobbie
DS Region: Endor
DS Region: Endor

Post by Hobbie »

The Franchise wrote: what really happened to tupac shakur are ones that i wonder about
He died. Not that that's stopped him from putting out albums...
--Nate Davis

Recommended traders: Phil78, Hunter, sac89837, Avatari, biffpow, Atma, rYyIrisH, categoryonegames.com, DarkQug, yannedern, Tom Bombadil, Bryan-Irish
Aglets wrote:Hobbie's got it.
Kevbozzz wrote:What the hell is the "home page"? I don't see any sub-forum by that name.

dewaddict6

Re: Cooleo questions The

Post by dewaddict6 »

Hobbie wrote:
The Franchise wrote: what really happened to tupac shakur are ones that i wonder about
He died. Not that that's stopped him from putting out albums...
50 cent is tupac

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

dewaddict6 wrote:50 cent is tupac
whoooooah

Gergall
Rules Advocate

Post by Gergall »

Spoiler
Show

This one is a little too wide to put the image on the forums neatly:
http://xkcd.com/1081/

As noted in the alt-text of that last comic: "The comfort (or problem) of conspiracy theories is the claim that that people in the government have any plan at all."
Greg Zinn

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

well without being too confrontational (i hope), i'd love to hear what hunter thinks about 9/11. in all honesty, i don't know a lot about the 9/11 commission's report (but i do know a decent amount about some of the 9/11 truther claims, thanks to myles powers).

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

mikefrench wrote:i like the denver airport ones. lesson to airport designers: make sure the aerial view of your airport doesnt accidentally kinda maybe look like a swastika.
Eh, I would actually put the swastika-look of the airport in the "trolling conspiracy theorists" category. Things that the designers put in there just so they could watch the reactions. In that category:

1) The swastika layout of the airport
2) The apocalypse horse outside, with the glowing red eyes (amazingly, the story that the Death Horse's head fell on the sculptor and KILLED him, so that it had to be finished by other people, appears to actually be true)
3) The artwork displayed in the airport
4) The dedication capstone, which mentions that the construction of the airport was chartered by the "New World Airport Commission." The stone then mentions who the participants in the NWAC are, but the organization didn't exist until then, and didn't do anything after that, either. One of the founding members of the NWAC is credited with choosing the name, and that same guy had a hand in selecting the artist who made the creepy murals. And then the capstone has the symbol of the Freemasons prominently displayed on it, so to me it really looks like the people who designed this airport were TRYING to bait the conspiracy theorists. I mean, they did everything but put the Illuminati Eye of Providence on the door.

But I imagine some of the smarter conspiracy theorists might counter by saying that the 4 things listed above were put there intentionally, to set off the crazy conspiracy nuts over dumb stuff, and then no one would listen to the other, less sensational stuff (Boy Who Cried Wolf type of situation, I suppose).

If anyone is intrigued enough by these 4 sensational items, I can post some about the "less sensational stuff" later.

Artwork Photos:

Capstone Photo:

Apocalypse Horse Photo:

cooleo1c
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by cooleo1c »

dewaddict6 wrote:50 cent is tupac
Thanks!

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

i come from a conservative christian family, i went to a private school that taught us a literal six day creation based on genesis 1. i was taught that evolution was a lie, which logically leads you toward a lot of conspiracy theories. after all, the idea that evolutionary biology is a lie is a conspiracy theory of its own; all these scientists are coordinating a lie, the government is spreading it into the education system to hurt christianity, etc.
But all those scientists DO coordinate, and perpetuate that lie. It is impossible for any wannabe scholar or scientist to achieve anything in his field without first kowtowing to the collective scientific mind with regards to the origin of the earth. Despite the very reasonable and logical question that we all find ourselves wondering at times throughout our lives, "Is there anybody out there?" ... to even attempt to address that question is to instantly step out of bounds with the lockstep scientific community's rigid views and be labeled heretical/crazy talk.

Which, yes, is likely part of Their (tm) agenda. To keep the masses believing that we humans, as horrifically flawed as we are, truly are the pinnacle of life forms in all the known universe. That is why evolutionary theory, which runs contrary to the beliefs of millions of Americans across many belief systems, is taught as objective fact in our state-sponsored public schools; yes, right there along with 2+2 = 4 and 9.8m/s squared. Teaching fiction along with demonstrable fact makes it look more believable, more like "science" ... especially to young impressionable minds.

Such constraints smack of self-righteousness and know-it-alldom... And contribute nothing to free thinking or the pursuit of wisdom. Which, let's face it, is what America is all about right now. Budget cuts in the education realm at a time when standardized test scores are at an all time low... check! Students with their heads plugged into their iPhones all day watching the most retarded (err, excuse me, inane) idiotic * on vine and thinking it's hilarious... check! What's that, you want to discuss the origin of the planet, or where we're headed, or something, sorry just a sec til this Miley Cyrus vid is over..

Hell even truthism.com will come straight out and say it: science, as presented in our public schools and even public and private universities is a large percentage *. Mix in some obvious mathematical truths that any halfwit could learn in an afternoon and make the kids do variations on the same problems over and over for a semester and bam, there you have it. I know we have some teachers here (ahem Desai) and you wouldn't be the first I've offended or even alienated with these comments but the truth is, no matter how * wizardlike you are at teaching, no matter how Robin Williams in Good Will Hunting you are the bottom line is you are limited in scope as to what you can teach by who?? By the United States Government and a lot of the things that you are teaching to your children, that you were taught all your life, that you probably in fact believe in your heart to be true, may be a carefully fabricated lie made up to perpetuate the cycle of academia: let's see how much of this made-up * you will eat with a smile on your face and we will give you good scores on your tests and let you borrow from us to pay 40 Gs a year to go to a "good" college!!

At the end of the day have you even considered the possibility that the truly elite of this world, those who operate the operators, The Powers That Be (tm) actually have real viable evidence and knowledge of the earth's origins, where we are from, where we are going, why we are here, and are not inclined to share that information with the public at large?? Try that conspiracy theory on for size, and remember, one of the infallible axioms of life is the inertia of wisdom: those with it tend not to share it, and those without it have difficulty gaining it.
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

Also Tupac's corpse could rap better than 50 cent so suck it
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

cooleo1c
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by cooleo1c »

Harsh.

Yet 50 cent is still my 2nd favorite rapper behind Tupac
Thanks!

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

i'm just really not sure how to respond, reid. i hope you don't take that the wrong way, this is probably going to be interesting and enlightening (for me at least).

so in your mind, what is the scientific consensus on the origin of the earth?

you said that the scientific community had "rigid views". what views would that be? are you speaking of its views on god? if so, what is science's views on god?

is your beef only with evolutionary biology? or just with human evolution? or just with the origins of life in a primordial sense?

what aspects of evolution theory do you think are not objective fact? is the concept of natural selection observable?

a scientific theory, to be considered a theory, must be falsifiable. is evolution falsifiable? is any aspect of it falsifiable? has any aspect ever been falsified and replaced with a new theory or a new possible mechanism of action? does this strengthen or weaken the overall solidity of the theory?

i am absolutely skeptical of the elite ruling class of the world and of this country. i just don't think scientists are in that class. i'm absolutely open to being persuaded though. i do understand the premise (that to be included in the sub class of "respected scientist" you first have to kiss the ring as it were), i'm just not convinced yet. i will say that the trial and conviction of that kid who was trying to make all those science/medical journals free for everyone does fit nicely into this conspiracy theory. oh btw out of curiosity reid, is there a similar conspiracy among medical scientists/doctors? do you believe in germ theory?

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

my fav rappers are macklemore and atmosphere (yes, this makes me feel racist).

Tom Bombadil

Post by Tom Bombadil »

Global Warming.
Kylo is my homeboy.

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Ferris Bueller didn't exist.
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Also biggie and eminem > 2pac. 50cent wouldn't make my top 10.
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

dorshe1
Holotable username: dorshe1
GEMP Username: dorshe1

Post by dorshe1 »

There really ARE tooth fairies and they got pissed when parents started hiding the teeth (which they use as an energy source) so to punish us they have used their foul magic to create a series of young 'music stars' (most recent the Biebster) to rot the brains of our children.

Thanks!

Return to “Off Topic”