SW: Rebels

Aglets
Retired Advocate

SW: Rebels

Post by Aglets »

Worth anything? I'm sure some folks here have seen some of this.

I've seen some of the Clone Wars cartoon show, so please use that as a comparison. :)

Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

JarJarDrinks

Re: SW: Rebels

Post by JarJarDrinks »

I liked the first episode alot actually. I need to get over all the EU destruction though(IS THERE A REASON THEY COULDN'T KEEP KESSEL POTATO SHAPED???!!!!).

But yeah I definately recommend.
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

Aglets
Retired Advocate

Post by Aglets »

JarJarDrinks wrote:I liked the first episode alot actually. I need to get over all the EU destruction though(IS THERE A REASON THEY COULDN'T KEEP KESSEL POTATO SHAPED???!!!!).

But yeah I definately recommend.
Thanks for the feedback! Now I just need to calibrate my Jarad index. Did you enjoy most of the Clone Wars cartoon?
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Aglets wrote:Thanks for the feedback! Now I just need to calibrate my Jarad index. Did you enjoy most of the Clone Wars cartoon?
Most? I'd say no, most of it felt too cartoony. But it had some good parts.

Plus like, it covers such a better time period. It's way cooler seeing stormtrooopers and TIEs than clonetroopers and all the funky prequel ships. I think I liked it more than my kid did :).
dx_37 wrote:
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

The Honky Tonk Man

Post by The Honky Tonk Man »

Rebels was pretty solid. For being a children's cartoon, I thought it was pretty enjoyable.

Go into it with low expectations and allow yourself to be surprised.

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Is SW Rebels on Hulu plus? Can't check from work.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
multimedia@starwarsccg.org
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

Hobbie
DS Region: Endor
DS Region: Endor

Post by Hobbie »

Do I need to watch the spark of rebellion movie before the episodes?
--Nate Davis

Recommended traders: Phil78, Hunter, sac89837, Avatari, biffpow, Atma, rYyIrisH, categoryonegames.com, DarkQug, yannedern, Tom Bombadil, Bryan-Irish
Aglets wrote:Hobbie's got it.
Kevbozzz wrote:What the hell is the "home page"? I don't see any sub-forum by that name.

BrenDerlin

Post by BrenDerlin »

Does anyone have a DisneyXD Cable login I can use so I can watch this at work? They won't let me log in with Time Warner Cable.
WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!
Brad Eier wrote:i have no idea who matt thorton is, possibly the son of billy bob?

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Hobbie wrote:Do I need to watch the spark of rebellion movie before the episodes?
Well that's all I've seen so far. It's pretty much just the first episode so I'd say you probably should.

(gonna watch last nights episode tonight).
dx_37 wrote:
- Bill Maher

- Derek Jeter

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Yeah I'm waiting till I can see the first one. Pretty disappointing they messed with Kessel :(
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

Watched it last night and loved it. Best part is definitely just seeing all the imperial *. Tie fighters, star destroyers, ass hole imperial officers with British accents... It is sweet.

Also kinda cool the imperials are kinda tame, makes sense I guess given they get more and more controlling leading up to new hope but never really thought of it that way.

What day does it come on? I watched only the first episode.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

I've only seen the "Spark of Rebellion" but it wasn't bad. When I think of star wars bad my mind goes to "Ewok Spinoffs" so that's my bottom of the barrel for comparisons.

I actually ending up binge watching Clone Wars on Netflix last year, and as much as I didn't really care for the cartoon movie at the time it came out, I actually liked most of them, as the plots were much deeper than I excepted them to be. There were a few in there that were just a little odd and a couple that were very kid like, but most were good. (I'd like to see some reference to "The Box", Hutt Families, Pirates, Cad Bane, etc. in SWCCG reset era one day.)

Like clone wars, I did get annoyed with the Force-Using abilities of those who aren't Jedi or dark Jedi (Private assassins and the like) And just like Anakin's padwan, I hope the new guy dies BBY so Luke is really "The last hope" come the end of the series. However, there are likable characters, (Including a droid who ISN'T r2d2 or 3po) and a potential for a good plot. Seeing its written by at least one of the writers of Clone Wars I expect similar results (and some continuity).

Kessel not being potato shape is pretty horrible though, next thing you know the spice they mine will only be used for food stuff instead of getting high. I guess they could just be edibles.

Or maybe Kessel will start exporting potatoes...
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

The last episode of this was pretty awesome.
dx_37 wrote:
- Bill Maher

- Derek Jeter

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Someone posted a link today stating that Billy Dee was going to reprise Lando in this show at some point!
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

imrahil327 wrote:Someone posted a link today stating that Billy Dee was going to reprise Lando in this show at some point!
I heard that too. Frank Oz was all over this past episode.
dx_37 wrote:
- Bill Maher

- Derek Jeter

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Post by chriskelly »

JarJarDrinks wrote:
imrahil327 wrote:Someone posted a link today stating that Billy Dee was going to reprise Lando in this show at some point!
As Yoda? If Yoda is in this, then maybe my kid would let me watch it!

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Indiana Jones Jedi Knight wrote:
JarJarDrinks wrote:
As Yoda? If Yoda is in this, then maybe my kid would let me watch it!
Was only his voice so it's possible that it was miss piggy or grover.
dx_37 wrote:
- Bill Maher

- Derek Jeter

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

Just started watching this. Was entertained to see the Star Tours droid and ship n EP2

This show looks like it will be pretty good. That Filloni guy (sp?) makes good shows.

dorshe1
Holotable username: dorshe1
GEMP Username: dorshe1

Post by dorshe1 »

stevetotheizz0 wrote:Just started watching this. Was entertained to see the Star Tours droid and ship n EP2

This show looks like it will be pretty good. That Filloni guy (sp?) makes good shows.
Don't get JJD started talking about the New Kessel....

Thanks!

Return to “Off Topic”