kcaton wrote:"Jesus Christ, is that Lenny!?"

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Re: SW: Rebels

Post by fungineer »

I am a little sad that thrawn character is as soft spoken as he is. Although always very calm and collective (which he is) I'd expect him to have a stern commanding voice.

Granted listening to the 20th anniversary thrawn trillogy on audio book may have something to do with that.
Last edited by fungineer on September 28th, 2016, 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

fungineer wrote:I am a little sad that thrawn character is as soft spoken ad he is. Although always very calm on collective. I'd expect him to have a stern commanding voice.

Granted listening to the 20th anniversary thrawn trillogy on audio book mat have something to do with that.
I actually thought the voice actor was spot on. I loved how calm and calculating he sounded. How I always imagined him actually.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
multimedia@starwarsccg.org
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

quickdraw3457 wrote: I actually thought the voice actor was spot on. I loved how calm and calculating he sounded. How I always imagined him actually.
Same tbh
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

cooleo1c
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by cooleo1c »

His introduction left much to be desired vs the novels. Just walking into a room didn't do it for me.

Still excited though!
Thanks!

cooleo1c
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by cooleo1c »

Also why do they always try to make Ezra killing Imperials seem wrong and dark? It's a star WAR. You kill enemy soldiers. Heck everyone else is also killing so not seeing how that's dark side.
Thanks!

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

cooleo1c wrote:Also why do they always try to make Ezra killing Imperials seem wrong and dark? It's a star WAR. You kill enemy soldiers. Heck everyone else is also killing so not seeing how that's dark side.
Because they were people who didn't need to be killed.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

cooleo1c wrote:Also why do they always try to make Ezra killing Imperials seem wrong and dark? It's a star WAR. You kill enemy soldiers. Heck everyone else is also killing so not seeing how that's dark side.
Are you referring to the AT-ST? Or using his saber to hack up some stormtroopers? I think both of those things are methods that Kanan never used, especially the AT-ST.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

cooleo1c
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by cooleo1c »

Didn't the troopers have them pinned down?

I don't see much difference in beating the at St drivers to death and using the walker to blast away other troopers vs what Ezra did.

"Killing is bad" is a hard sell in a show about a war
Thanks!

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

cooleo1c wrote:Didn't the troopers have them pinned down?

I don't see much difference in beating the at St drivers to death and using the walker to blast away other troopers vs what Ezra did.

its like c'boath level darkside * to take over someones mind and use them to kill others
Jerry H

Image Image

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

quesosauce37 wrote:
cooleo1c wrote:Didn't the troopers have them pinned down?

its like c'boath level darkside * to take over someones mind and use them to kill others
x2, and they alluded to this in the show too, when Ezra said kanan didn't teach him that, then he went home to the holocron.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

cooleo1c
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by cooleo1c »

Thanks!

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

TV Show spoilers:
Spoiler
Show
Guess we jumped the gun on making Kallus a bad guy? :lol:

Odds that the series ends with Maul killing Kanan and Ezra, then Obi-wan killing Maul at Obi-wan's hut?
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

Spoiler Man
Anthology
Anthology

Post by Spoiler Man »

quickdraw3457 wrote:TV Show spoilers:
Spoiler
Show
Guess we jumped the gun on making Kallus a bad guy? :lol:

Odds that the series ends with Maul killing Kanan and Ezra, then Obi-wan killing Maul at Obi-wan's hut?
Spoiler
Show
I kind of like the idea of Obi finally killing Maul at his hut. Helps give some weight to the "can't be detected due to he force" thing, like Yoda hiding by the Dagobah cave. I know (legends) explained that Vader never wanted to go back to Tatooine due to PTSD or whatever, but I'd have to imagine that Palpy would be able to feel Obi hiding there, esp. with Luke also growing up nearby too. And Palpy wouldn't care about Vader's PTSD and send Vader anyway.... or just a million troopers of his own. But that is a good cover-idea for Obi/Luke being undetected on Tatooine. Plus, if anyone deserves to kill Maul at this point - its Obi-Wan.

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

Spoiler
Show
I'll say I enjoyed thrawn forcing the workers to blow themselves up for testing speeders. That comined with his Millitary let them go strategies and the artwork do all scream thrawn to me.

I just wish the Admiral from rogue one were thrawn...

For Klaus I think we could go one of two ways. Either give him the Lando treatment (which I think is a must for Hondo onaka...really want an ai for that guy too btw) or really good interrupts that hopefully won't make a DS kallus unplayable.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

Spoiler
Show
For Klaus I think we could go one of two ways. Either give him the Lando treatment (which I think is a must for Hondo onaka...really want an ai for that guy too btw) or really good interrupts that hopefully won't make a DS kallus unplayable.
If we ever needed a good ISB counter: Just create an effect (or Virtualize Double Agent) to cross over an ISB agent or UC spy to LS.
Spoiler
Show
I really love how Maul is portrayed in the cartoons. He's a very interesting character, and the animation and voice are great. I like how they tied in the Dathomir plot from the Clone Wars too. I hope this leads to Obi-Wan killing maul at his hut...and especially would love to see the Alec Guinness version of Obi portrayed here.

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Spoiler
Show
Oh *... did anyone else notice a certain person in the background of last week's episode, displayed on a wall on Dathomir? (Ep8 theory so making a second spoiler tag if you don't want to see...)
Spoiler
Show
Duchess Satine, Obi-wan's love interest. Why would she be there? Maul has been using Nightsister spells to learn more about how to find obi-wan, and if Satine is coming up in there, it must mean she's still an important figure. As in, she may have had his children...

Please note, I'm all about episode 8 theories, but if you have spoilers from it (which I don't think even exist yet) please state before the spoiler tag.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

deck
DS Region: Kashyyyk
DS Region: Kashyyyk
GEMP Username: Profundity

Post by deck »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Oh *... did anyone else notice a certain person in the background of last week's episode, displayed on a wall on Dathomir? (Ep8 theory so making a second spoiler tag if you don't want to see...)
Spoiler
Show
Duchess Satine, Obi-wan's love interest. Why would she be there? Maul has been using Nightsister spells to learn more about how to find obi-wan, and if Satine is coming up in there, it must mean she's still an important figure. As in, she may have had his children...

Please note, I'm all about episode 8 theories, but if you have spoilers from it (which I don't think even exist yet) please state before the spoiler tag.

Spoiler
Show
I did notice Satine. I thought it was awesome. I hope it has something to do with EPisode 8 b/c I am really hoping that Rey is related to Obi and not Luke
Mike "Deck" Gemme

https://www.twitch.tv/deck104

My SW:CCG Podcast & Blog https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/sh ... eHrSXiuzy/ - Updated 01/17/2017

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

deck wrote:
quickdraw3457 wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show

Spoiler
Show
I did notice Satine. I thought it was awesome. I hope it has something to do with EPisode 8 b/c I am really hoping that Rey is related to Obi and not Luke
Spoiler
Show
See my sig ;) #teamkenobi More fuel for the fire!
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

deck wrote:
quickdraw3457 wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show

Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
I was watching a video on YouTube yesterday about references in Ep7 and the parallels between Ep7 and the King Arthur stories, where they said Rey was Arthur and Kylo was Mordred (I think) but basically that it was possible that continuing this theory would make Rey a Solo. Obviously something that has been mentioned before, but I've never seen the Arthur parallels.
Bill Kafer
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.
Corran wrote:Honestly, Tacobill should just be the boss of SWCCG.

Return to “Off Topic”