President Trump

Gergall

Re: President Trump

Post by Gergall »

mserisman wrote:Nah. For anyone else, yes I agree. For Trump?

What did we learn that was new?

- Trump paid off women he slept with, to be quiet.
- Trump surrounds himself with people of questionable ethics
- Trumps people used campaign money to pay off these women

All of this we already knew.

Is any of it tied to Russia? Nope.
Is it possible that Cohen also has additional information that you and I haven't heard about yet?

Greg Zinn

mserisman

Post by mserisman »

Aglets wrote:Would you like to go on record and say that Trump will not be indicted or forced to answer a subpoena within his first term?
I would like to go on record and say I don't give a * either way.

Its all fun to watch.

But in the end I simply do not care. Neither side impresses me, but the economy is doing well so I am happy.
"Never content to just rest on your laurels, you are always still reaching skyward, looking to achieve staggering new heights in douchebaggery." - Hunter towards someone who will not be named

mserisman

Post by mserisman »

Gergall wrote:

Is it possible that Cohen also has additional information that you and I haven't heard about yet?
Lots of things are possible. The longer this goes on, the less credibility either side has.

Remember, there is one outcome I am hopping happens. Both parties change because the best our country could do ended up with this reality TV show nonsense we have.

Sadly, the Democrats actually look worse than they did when they actually lost to this clown.

But hopefully the circus leads us back in a better direction.
"Never content to just rest on your laurels, you are always still reaching skyward, looking to achieve staggering new heights in douchebaggery." - Hunter towards someone who will not be named

dorshe1
Holotable username: dorshe1
GEMP Username: dorshe1

Post by dorshe1 »

mserisman wrote:
Gergall wrote:

Lots of things are possible. The longer this goes on, the less credibility either side has.

Remember, there is one outcome I am hopping happens. Both parties change because the best our country could do ended up with this reality TV show nonsense we have.

Sadly, the Democrats actually look worse than they did when they actually lost to this clown.

But hopefully the circus leads us back in a better direction.

You would have to be to think that this * is going to make political discourse better.

Thanks1

dorshe1
Holotable username: dorshe1
GEMP Username: dorshe1

Post by dorshe1 »

Aglets
Rules Advocate

Post by Aglets »

Babylon Bee wins again.....nice.
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

mserisman wrote:Is any of it tied to Russia? Nope.
And?

I keep hearing this from Trump supporters.

And things like "Well sure... Manafort/Cohen did major tax fraud... but they only went after him due to his ties to Trump!"

And I'm like "...okay? They should have gone after them regardless, but it doesn't mean they didn't commit major crimes. Why does the fact that it was discovered while looking for Russia connections just.... make the crimes okay?"

If someone murdered someone else, unconnected to Russia, and it was discovered by Muller, should they just get off the hook? Who gives a * that it was a crime discovered in the investigation of other crimes? It's still a crime!
mserisman wrote:the economy is doing well so I am happy.
While you didn't say it was because of Trump, it's implied because this is a Trump thread, so let's be clear: The economy is doing well not because of him, but in spite of.

He frequently touts number of employed people. Let's look at a graph of that since the late 90s.

The vertical line is when he was inaugurated and took over.

To say the booming economy is Trump's doing (and again, you didn't directly say that, and you may be agreeing with all of this, and I'm saying this to be clear that I'm not putting words in your mouth, just addressing the general argument as the economy is connected to Trump idea for others reading) is absurd. He inherited a great economy, and it's still doing great.

Hopefully his tariffs won't hurt things too badly, unless he backs down, as he often does.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

arebelspy wrote:
And?

And things like "Well sure... Manafort/Cohen did major tax fraud... but they only went after him due to his ties to Trump!"

And I'm like "...okay? They should have gone after them regardless, but it doesn't mean they didn't commit major crimes. Why does the fact that it was discovered while looking for Russia connections just.... make the crimes okay?"

If someone murdered someone else, unconnected to Russia, and it was discovered by Muller, should they just get off the hook? Who gives a * that it was a crime discovered in the investigation of other crimes? It's still a crime!

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

rhendon wrote:
arebelspy wrote:
And?

What if they told Hillary about the murder but it was in HER E-MAILS and never discovered on that private server????????
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

Gergall wrote:

you guys should read what Cohen declared in open court while pleading guilty. because it actually was tied to Russia, and it actually was collusion, according to Cohen.
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

Donald Trump became president in January 2017, gained access to the U.S. Governmental Time Travel Machine, and went back 7 years in time to jump start the economy in 2010. You're welcome America!

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

mikefrench wrote:you guys should read what Cohen declared in open court while pleading guilty. because it actually was tied to Russia, and it actually was collusion, according to Cohen.
That WOULD be bad for Trump, but I can prove that it's not true and that Trump is innocent:
Spoiler
Show
Checkmate, liberals.
Greg Zinn

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

Gergall wrote:
mikefrench wrote:you guys should read what Cohen declared in open court while pleading guilty. because it actually was tied to Russia, and it actually was collusion, according to Cohen.
That WOULD be bad for Trump, but I can prove that it's not true and that Trump is innocent:
Spoiler
Show
Checkmate, liberals.
You know what else was a rigged witch hunt? The actual witch hunts like in Salem.

arebelspy

Re: RE: Re: President Trump

Post by arebelspy »

Gergall wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Checkmate, liberals.
I lol'd at both Jim's post and this one.

Because they're both too absurd not to be claimed as true by the right.

Aglets
Rules Advocate

Post by Aglets »

Joe Olson, are you in favor of the tariffs?

Are you saying you don't want him to back them down?

BTW if any of you guys find anyone willing to defend Trump against these common sense arguments let me know. I don't believe any of us here really love the guy.....including Erisman who seems to just enjoy deflecting for Trump and pivoting to attacking the political left just for jollies at this point without having any kind of actual debate.

Trumps approval rating around here is probably approaching like Dane Cook levels and I don't use that term lightly.
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Why are we talking about brilliant comedians?
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Aglets wrote:Joe Olson, are you in favor of the tariffs?
Of course not. They're idiotic and harm everyone.

Why on Earth would I be in favor of them?

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

sorry, i misspoke here. this was mistaken. it gets hard to keep all of the stuff with manafort and cohen separate. gates alleged the russia connection during the manafort trial, and fwiw those among were the counts the jury were hung on. but to be fair, the evidence on the other counts was so strong that even the MAGA-hat wearing juror voted to convict.

it's kind of funny actually, i for the life of me couldn't figure out what the defense strategy of manafort was. and i now think it was "let's just get ONE die-hard trump supporter on the jury, and they will never vote for a conviction, regardless of the level of evidence that is provided by mueller." and they were ALMOST right.
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

Aglets
Rules Advocate

Post by Aglets »

arebelspy wrote:
Aglets wrote:Joe Olson, are you in favor of the tariffs?
Of course not. They're idiotic and harm everyone.

Why on Earth would I be in favor of them?
Your last sentence read to me lIke you were saying it might hurt the economy more if he backed down on the tariff stuff. But I don't think that's what you were saying now.....my bad.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Ah, no, I meant hopefully (if they're put in) they won't hurt too badly, unless he back down like he usually does (in which case they won't hurt at all, besides the damage the uncertainty does in the meantime).

I see how you read it that way, it was ambiguous.

Return to “Off Topic”