New Chat (Slack)

Cam Solusar

Re: New Chat (Slack)

Post by Cam Solusar »

Camden Y, Southern California
BrenDerlin wrote:These movies aren't called Star Battles, yo.

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

imrahil327 wrote:Can you edit in a link to the chat itself in your OP (instead of just the sign-up)?
done!

Xanth
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Xanth »

Sent a request. I'm confused about the app for my iPhone, which I just downloaded. It's asking me to create a Slack Business Team email and account etc. Did I DL the right thing?
Now taking orders for your SWCCG and Hobby needs!
Shadow 14 wrote:I officially love you now, Tom!
Advocate wrote: Tom Haid will make us all regret this probably.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

Xanth wrote:Sent a request. I'm confused about the app for my iPhone, which I just downloaded. It's asking me to create a Slack Business Team email and account etc. Did I DL the right thing?
Yeah, you do have to create a slack account. It might be easier to sign up on a laptop/desktop, then sync the app to your account.

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

JediJer wrote:
Xanth wrote:Sent a request. I'm confused about the app for my iPhone, which I just downloaded. It's asking me to create a Slack Business Team email and account etc. Did I DL the right thing?
Yeah, you do have to create a slack account. It might be easier to sign up on a laptop/desktop, then sync the app to your account.
He figured it out.

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

Update:

We've now added a new channel: #announcements within our group at starwarsccg.slack.com

This channel is already synced to feed updates from the swccg twitter account, and we plan to integrate a few more updates from select forum threads, such as rulings, official announcements, and live event updates.

If you are already on Slack and have the mobile app, you can change your settings for this channel (from within the channel, click on the title and go to settings) and set the notifications for "All Activity" You will get push notifications on your phone for anything posted within this channel.

For example, this morning you would have received a push notification on your phone for the new card from Set 6 that was spoiled on twitter from the official swccg account.

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

Anyone who is subscribed to the #announcements channel should have received a (really cool) push notification from the Euro Emperor not long ago.

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

For anyone who currently uses Slack:

Slack is now set up to feed you live event updates. Join the new #Events channel, and change the settings to send notifications for all activity.

If you have the Slack mobile app, this will send you push notifications as the pairings and results from the Endor Grand Prix are posted.

RybackStun
GEMP Username: RybackStun

Post by RybackStun »

It's interesting to me that this group went to Slack (something I'd never heard of before a week ago) while most communities are moving to or are already using Discord.

It'll be interesting to see if Slack has any benefits over Discord.

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

They are VERY similar, in my experience.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

RybackStun
GEMP Username: RybackStun

Post by RybackStun »

imrahil327 wrote:They are VERY similar, in my experience.
Nearly identical so far as I can tell :) Cam's already trolled me once :P

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

Slack has integration with a lot of apps. So things like twitter and RSS feeds can be set up to send messages into slack. It is more of a one stop app for a lot of things. If the advocates really wanted to, they could integrate a lot of things into it as well that might help them out or better stay on top of projects as well.

If people are just thinking it is a chat tool, then they are severely unaware of what it can do. If we use it just for a chat tool, then we are severely under using it.

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

If you aren't a member of the Slack group, you're also severely underusing it.

Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Darth_Link »

Discord? Never heard of it. Slack is what all the cool kids use
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

rhendon wrote:Slack has integration with a lot of apps. So things like twitter and RSS feeds can be set up to send messages into slack. It is more of a one stop app for a lot of things. If the advocates really wanted to, they could integrate a lot of things into it as well that might help them out or better stay on top of projects as well.

If people are just thinking it is a chat tool, then they are severely unaware of what it can do. If we use it just for a chat tool, then we are severely under using it.

All kidding aside, I re-enabled the Twitter inegration so users will get updates from the #announcements channel when anything is Tweeted from @swccg.

I also am using the RSS feeds to foward all the event coverage as well anything posted in the announcements section here in the forums.

If any other awesome uses come up let me know.

Tarelion
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product
GEMP Username: Tarelion

Post by Tarelion »

I tried to sign up for the Slack team today at https://starwarsccg.signup.team/, but when I clicked the "Join" button, the screen didn't refresh. The only thing that happened was that the text boxes on the screen became non-interactable, and after a while, I got a message saying "Something went wrong, but we're not sure what." Looking in Chrome's developer tools, it looks like it was a 403 error (Gateway Timeout). I tried to sign up around 5:15 PM today, in case anyone's looking in server logs.

Tarelion
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product
GEMP Username: Tarelion

Post by Tarelion »

I have now been able to get in. Thank you to the admins.

KyleSzk
Starter
Starter

Post by KyleSzk »

Sent my request to join over. I'll be chatting there pretty regularly, but also I'm intending to post tournament updates for nationals as I have time. My eventual intention is to create a bot and an app which I can submit data through which automatically makes a post of updates for us. Dunno if anyone would want that, but it sounds fun and relatively easy.

CRG
GEMP Username: CRG

Post by CRG »

stevetotheizz0 wrote:JediJer made a slack channel. I'm a big fan. Everyone should come and hang out in here.....

How to join:
rhendon wrote:Ok. So I set up a bot to help manage invites. To sign up please go to this site: https://starwarsccg.signup.team/ It will ask for your email, full name and an intro field. Please put your forum handle here to help us make sure that only people of this community are being added. After you sign up through the link, it will message us in the slack app. We can then approve it. This may take time if we aren't actively in it. Once we approve it, you will get an email. It will then have a link to click on. In here, please make your username the same as your forum handle. This again will help us keep it clean.

Again URL is https://starwarsccg.signup.team/
It should be mobile friendly too so that Jarad can join.

Thanks JediJer for setting this up and Robbie for helping with the signup process.

Edit: Here is the link to the actual channel for once you are signed up: https://starwarsccg.slack.com/
Bumping this, as regardless of which device I attempt to access the sign-up page, I get the following error:

Code: Select all

This site can’t be reached
starwarsccg.signup.team refused to connect.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
Help? Trying on MacAir (Chrome) and iPhone 6s (Safari).
Primers and Decklist/Match up/Game Libraries for: Hyperdrive (V) and Hunt Down. Teach your kid SWCCG!

TRM Farm apologist and member of:
rsersen wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm
MYWHL club

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

i sent an invite from slack to your email address on file with your forums account (gmail) let me know if that works
Jerry H

Image Image

Return to “Off Topic”