Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: Shawnd1984

Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

Post by shawnd1984 »

There's a guy at work, and he drinks cold water in a coffee mug. He fills it up. This bothers me to no end. Just seems inappropriate.

Anyone else have annoyances that make them seem psychotic?

3MW0J8 wrote: "B-but... Muh Force drain bonuses!".

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Re: Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

Post by quickdraw3457 »

I'm drinking cold water in a coffee mug as I type this. What are you gonna do about it? :lol:

I hate when people misspell "wookiee" with just one e.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

When people play games with weird house rules instead of embracing the game. Most relevant example - people who play swccg without shields, ep1 or virtual cards (or with any card pool limitations). If you aren't playing a game the way it is meant to be played, you are just moving cardboard around on a table for fun. And that's fine, to each their own, but it drives me a little crazy lol.
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

it seems like most of my pet peeves are traffic related, but theres one here at my apt complex that drives me nuts

people like to put their kitchen trash bag like right oustide their front door, i assume meaning to take it out to the dumpster the next time they head downstairs. So it just sits there all nite, outsite, smelling up the breezeways and making our complex look * and providing food for racoons and *. These people are lazy and dont want to take their trash out right at that moment, but they also dont want it inside their apt. Its * lazy and stupid. I am lazy, but if i decide not to take out the trash, i keep it inside my apt, i dont flaunt my lazyness. UGH i dont know why it bothers me so much but evertime i walk past an apt that has a bag o trash outside i just start saying LAZY LAZY LAZY in my outdoor voice
Jerry H

Image Image

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by shawnd1984 »

quickdraw3457 wrote:I'm drinking cold water in a coffee mug as I type this. What are you gonna do about it? :lol:

I hate when people misspell "wookiee" with just one e.

You are a savage. Hot liquids only.

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

quesosauce37 wrote:it seems like most of my pet peeves are traffic related, but theres one here at my apt complex that drives me nuts

people like to put their kitchen trash bag like right oustide their front door, i assume meaning to take it out to the dumpster the next time they head downstairs. So it just sits there all nite, outsite, smelling up the breezeways and making our complex look * and providing food for racoons and *. These people are lazy and dont want to take their trash out right at that moment, but they also dont want it inside their apt. Its * lazy and stupid. I am lazy, but if i decide not to take out the trash, i keep it inside my apt, i dont flaunt my lazyness. UGH i dont know why it bothers me so much but evertime i walk past an apt that has a bag o trash outside i just start saying LAZY LAZY LAZY in my outdoor voice
This would also drive me nuts. Someone in my apartment building dumped a bunch of dirt into the recycling the other day too. Like... What?
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by shawnd1984 »

Here's one that happens at work. We have an elevator lobby that a lot of people cut through to get to the other side of the floor. A lot of times, you will be crossing over, and someone will wait and hold the door open. So you have to "speed up", because you're afraid they'll be annoyed that you're walking slowly while they hold open the door (meanwhile, you are walking at average speed). I end up going the long way just to avoid this interaction.

Related: I don't like when people holding the door open are obstructing you from entering cleanly. You shouldn't be holding the door open if you have to push it away. If you are pulling it/holding it...that's fine, but the push/hold is a no go. If you are having trouble visualizing this, I can explain at Nationals, and demonstrate.

sjacree
GEMP Username: Plagueis

Post by sjacree »

Advice or compliments on fortune cookies when they should be giving predictions. I mean, they are not called advice cookies or compliment cookies.
-Seth Acree, Compiler of Legacy Flex Cube, designer of Seth's Virtual Expansion, creator of Death March (legacy) and BHBM Skulls decktypes, Breaker of Dark Waters combo (legacy), former-CBT Member, former-Design team, best player in West Africa and...
Image Image
Throdo wrote:You're the most creative deckbuilder I know.

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by shawnd1984 »

sjacree wrote:Advice or compliments on fortune cookies when they should be giving predictions. I mean, they are not called advice cookies or compliment cookies.
This is a good one, so effective that I now will notice it and be annoyed.

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

Transposition of the Reserve deck and Force pile.
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Leaving smoke in the bong
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

AndrewK29
GEMP Username: AK29

Post by AndrewK29 »

When people drag their hands on tables
Andrew Kline~ 49th place 2017 world championship

Tbiesty
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: Tbiesty

Post by Tbiesty »

shawnd1984 wrote:Here's one that happens at work. We have an elevator lobby that a lot of people cut through to get to the other side of the floor. A lot of times, you will be crossing over, and someone will wait and hold the door open. So you have to "speed up", because you're afraid they'll be annoyed that you're walking slowly while they hold open the door (meanwhile, you are walking at average speed). I end up going the long way just to avoid this interaction.

Related: I don't like when people holding the door open are obstructing you from entering cleanly. You shouldn't be holding the door open if you have to push it away. If you are pulling it/holding it...that's fine, but the push/hold is a no go. If you are having trouble visualizing this, I can explain at Nationals, and demonstrate.
This ^
(Both at work)
One time, I actually got clotheslined by someone walking the other way when at the last second he decided to reach across me to help me open the door.
Related to this is when you are reaching for a door handle and someone (who was perfectly able to open a door) decides to hit the handicapped button that automatically opens the door. I've had the door handle smack my hand a couple times from that poor timing.
Troy Biesterfeld - Rochester, MN

AndrewK29
GEMP Username: AK29

Post by AndrewK29 »

Tbiesty wrote:
shawnd1984 wrote:Here's one that happens at work. We have an elevator lobby that a lot of people cut through to get to the other side of the floor. A lot of times, you will be crossing over, and someone will wait and hold the door open. So you have to "speed up", because you're afraid they'll be annoyed that you're walking slowly while they hold open the door (meanwhile, you are walking at average speed). I end up going the long way just to avoid this interaction.

This ^
(Both at work)
One time, I actually got clotheslined by someone walking the other way when at the last second he decided to reach across me to help me open the door.
Related to this is when you are reaching for a door handle and someone (who was perfectly able to open a door) decides to hit the handicapped button that automatically opens the door. I've had the door handle smack my hand a couple times from that poor timing.
:lol:
Andrew Kline~ 49th place 2017 world championship

Cam Solusar

Post by Cam Solusar »

Describing driving direction in terms of miles instead of time.

I think this may be cultural for all of SoCal, but we don't use miles at all because our traffic means mileage is hardly a factor. A 35 mile distance could equate to 20 minutes or 2 hours of driving depending on where and when you are going. If you tell me the number of miles to get someplace it just doesn't mean anything to me, and I'll always ask "yes, but HOW LONG does it take to get there."
Camden Y, Southern California
BrenDerlin wrote:These movies aren't called Star Battles, yo.

quesosauce37
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

vhstapes wrote:
quesosauce37 wrote:it seems like most of my pet peeves are traffic related, but theres one here at my apt complex that drives me nuts

This would also drive me nuts. Someone in my apartment building dumped a bunch of dirt into the recycling the other day too. Like... What?

dirt is recyclable afaik
Jerry H

Image Image

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

quesosauce37 wrote:
vhstapes wrote:

dirt is recyclable afaik
The lid of the thing makes it sound pretty picky, but maybe that gets a pass. I feel like a n00b for cleaning my recycling now.
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

JarJarDrinks wrote:Leaving smoke in the bong
Haha for real! Clear the chamber yo, no one else wants that.
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by shawnd1984 »

Tbiesty wrote:

This ^
(Both at work)
Those handicapped buttons have done more harm than good. I go to a floor in my building every day to read, and the restrooms have them. However, when you push the button, it stays open longer than just physically opening it. Well, no one has apparently caught on, because if you walk by the restrooms, you will inevitably hear some person crapping as you walk by the very heavily traffic'ed hallway. I can't believe that these lazy animals haven't caught onto this fact yet. I never realized that the handicap button referred to mental handicaps as well...

lsrubin
DS Region: Yavin 4
DS Region: Yavin 4
GEMP Username: lsrubin

Post by lsrubin »

On the DC Metro, there's an unwritten rule to "stand on the right, walk on the left" when on an escalator. All the locals know this, but tourists obviously don't, and it only takes ONE tourist in the Metro station to delay everyone's commute by a good 5 minutes.

Also, when it's rush hour, can we all agree to walk on BOTH sides of the escalator, when it's a DOWN escalator. I get not wanting to walk UP stairs, but how lazy do you have to be to not walk DOWN? Again, delaying everyone needlessly.

Also, slow walkers in general. I get it, DC is a tourist magnet and there are lots of things to take pictures of. Slowly moseying through the city can be fun. But pick a different time to do it -- not 8:00am to 9:30am, or 4:30pm to 6:00pm. During those times, go into a restaurant or museum or something. This is a workplace, and most of the sidewalks are too narrow, and ~1 million people are in a hurry!
☮ ♥ ⑦
arebelspy wrote:The magic was inside you all along, you just had to believe. <3
kcaton wrote:"Jesus Christ, is that Lenny!?"

Return to “Off Topic”